Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

I'm going out tonight and when I say out I mean out out. 🙌🥳🥳😁

Watching Ronan Keating dressed like Indiana Jones singing rollercoaster at the isle of wight festival. What an eejit 🙊

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That new [s]car[/s] job smell

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Back in May I took a gamble that travel to the USA would restart by Christmas, and booked flights to go and visit friends in Houston. I got a decent fare on “reschedulable” premium economy tickets and reserved the best seats on the planes outside First Class.

So you can understand if I’m a little pleased with myself this morning. Those same Christmas seats are currently selling for 50% more than I paid, and it’s only going to go up from there. Where’s the Jeremy Clarkson Smug Face emoji?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

God I fuking love Fridays. Especially when I've Monday booked off. 🥳🥳

The birdsong out in the back garden earlier this evening.

Also, cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I set up my Netflix account about 4 years ago... it’s on my smart TV and iPad... went to turn on the tv and watch Netflix about 3 weeks ago after not using it for a bit but I’d strangely been signed out... put in my email hoping auto fill would remember the password that I could not but no auto fill... no idea of my password, tried the old reliables but no... but about 5 minutes ago it came to me, like a lightening bolt, I have Netflix again...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Backed Usyk to beat Anthony Joshua last night.

100 bucks.. sweet!!!

All the chocolate.

• Advertisement

Full to the neck of Chinese takeaway.

The svelt figure diet continues... 🐖🐖🐖

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

The sound of lashing rain when you are nice and dry indoors.

The fresh air after rain.

My Dad was hospitalized via a&e for the third time in as many months earlier, worried dot com after the relief of the last set of tests and hospital stay being negative for cancer... but luckily enough phone call now just saying a blockage related to a previous procedure, sorted and he can leave now , no lasting issues..neither he nor any of us need this though, particularly him, his age, covid times etc...another trip in there he’ll get invited to the Xmas party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've been searching for my trusty swatch watch for months, and found it today. I've had it for nearly 20 years .!!

Listening to My Girl and making a jigsaw with my girl. 😍😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Watching the dog go exploring in the rough garden(he loves to sniff the cat and fox trails) behind me I head the snap of someone breaking apart a two pack of yogurt.

Just as the foil lid came off the first yogurt the dog appears to "help" with the leftovers, not even out of breath he had it that well timed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I phoned my uncle in England, no reason, just for a chat. I don't care if he's telling me a story for the 20th time, so good to keep in touch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Trivial things that make me happy? Someone I do not know walking down the sidewalk that waves “hi” as we pass masked and socially distanced.

And the fast food owner who gave me a free bowl of chili with beef, beans, onions, jalapeños and cheese yesterday because they were out last week when I tried to order it. 🤒

Now that I have eaten pinto beans you might want to stay socially distant. ☠️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

In Lidl today, took a punt on an Austrian cheese I'd never heard of before, called Südsteirer. Tastes great, with the added bonus that it absolutely honks. Not the smelliest cheese I've ever had - that would be the local Ardrahan cheese - but it's up there in the "Bear Grylls' Socks" range. Love it. 👃

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

The little , reciprocal, (I think), chat(flirt)ihad with the girl on the tesco checkout where you boy lotto tickets. Maybe she was just chancing it in case I win , but it was very very welcome.

It's strange how big your eyes play a part when you're wearing a mask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My new book. It's even better than the reviews.

I'm getting chucked out of this gaff so undoing all my little fixes , like I shimmed out the internal doors so that they closed properly. I just checked and they don't 😀

Petty but still, I offered to keep it on but no ,so .......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Still feeling really chilled after my reiki session yesterday.

My class voted to stay online for lectures until the new year, delighted!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Feeling of relaxation and contentment after making a decision I’d been mulling over for a number of months in relation to a business I’ve been a client of for a number of years....

the business (health / fitness related) have been expanding gangbusters, all over social media, countrywide updating people with pictures of work from the new locations, lots of both new staff and experienced staff enthusiastically going about their work... meanwhile back at their busy original location and HQ near me they seem to have about two frontline staff, down from 6/7 or more yet a seriously busy turnover of clients as ever and a considerable downturn in the scope and quality of help available to us... not a comment on those there presently they are doing their absolute best under challenging circumstances, they are good folks...with lots of patience, expertises and great work ethic.

but a massive fûcking two fingers from their boss to them and above all those of us whom for years were doing everything asked, small things other things to assist to enable a successful business... for us and them...

disappointed to get somewhat fûcked under the bus but you live and learn...but happy to be out with a good alternative ...

I was at a 100th birthday party earlier today and was lucky enough to have a lovely chat with the birthday girl.

I congratulated her on turning 100 and said not many people reach such a milestone. It's just another day she told me with a smile on her face. I don't feel any different than I did yesterday.

The wisdom and spirit in her eyes would lift the soul. I could have chatted to her for hours but alas there was a queue. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Looking out at my shed and fence after I gave them a fresh coat of red cedar varnish for the winter. The varnish makes the shed look brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Woke up to a new order from my Etsy shop! Always gives me a tingle to know someone loves what I create (and it's not feckin' stickers or greeting cards).

Poor guy forgot it was his 5th wedding anniversary (wood) and the wife was going mental. So I decided to go all out on the gift wrapping, took a photo and emailed it to him.

The wife apparently forgave him after seeing the photo.

I've saved a marriage!

<SNIP> for anyone needing their marriage saved*

*Not a guarantee, counselling not included, even though I am a qualified psychotherapist, ironically.

Mod: I'm afraid advertising is not allowed.

Post edited by New Home on

French's classic yellow mustard. God I love it.

Having a shower at this time of the year , and it must have something to do with the weather getting colder (although it's not proper cold yet) , but, a couple of months ago, when the weather was milder, I used to turn down the heat level (electric) from max (2 red bars/lines) to the lower level (1 line/red bar) when I was washing the Ceann, as max level used to be too hot.... But, nowadays, I can leave it on max regardless, as the water doesn't get 'too hot'... So that's a TH one , and also TS (trivially Strange) I suppose 😃

• Advertisement

I renewed my passport online recently. It was unbelievably easy, quick and efficient. Got it sent to me even though I live abroad.

It's a far cry from the 2000's when there was a 6-12 month waiting time and you'd have to waste several hours in a sweaty queue for the privilege.

Advertisement