Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six TD's and senators forced to refund illegitimate expense claims

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

pablo128 wrote: »
    That, Leo, is how you deal with fraudsters in your party.

Its Simon who is really running that group of ****s,
    Coveney will never dump Bailey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You can just imagine that weasel M Martin compiling his very long list of Fine Gael screw-ups and rubbing his hands in anticipation of the GE20 debates and interviews. FF are a crowd of cowboys too but FG are fast making a strong case to be the worst of them all. I thought when they got rid of clueless Enda that things would improve dramatically. How wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Leo will be reading that article through his fingers.

Martin showing him and the electorate exactly how you deal with TDs playing offside.

Agreed Johnny. BUT, I wonder just how many more are playing offside and haven't fallen into the trap of getting caught?

Brings into question the whole legitimacy of Dáil Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its Simon who is really running that group of ****s,
    Coveney will never dump Bailey

Coveney and Bailey are obviously fairly close- he gave the eulogy for her father from the alter at the funeral

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Coveney and Bailey are obviously fairly close- he gave the eulogy for her father from the alter at the funeral

Agreed Muahahaha, and his actions prove ( to me at least ) that he hasn't got the balls to run a government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Agreed Muahahaha, and his actions prove ( to me at least ) that he hasn't got the balls to run a government.

Balls?

Not normally a metric I'd measure to determine a person's eligibility to lead a nation. Although I'm sure it's high up the criteria of your average tabloid voter. That's why you get results like brexit and trump.

Ireland is lucky though and that thinking isn't prevalent among the general voting public. They vote for steady and educated leaders. Men with good temperaments like Leo and Simon. They will forever be regarded as excellent statesmen who sailed the good ship ireland through the stormy waters of brexit.

Michael Martin will be remembered as a failure of a health minister and whiny opposition leader who looks like Mr. Burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Balls?

Not normally a metric I'd measure to determine a person's eligibility to lead a nation. Although I'm sure it's high up the criteria of your average tabloid voter. That's why you get results like brexit and trump.

Ireland is lucky though and that thinking isn't prevalent among the general voting public. They vote for steady and educated leaders. Men with good temperaments like Leo and Simon. They will forever be regarded as excellent statesmen who sailed the good ship ireland through the stormy waters of brexit.

Michael Martin will be remembered as a failure of a health minister and whiny opposition leader who looks like Mr. Burns.

Paddy. Have you anything to say about the inconsistency in your position on Bailey? You said there was nothing wrong, she was vindicated etc. But then said she should be dropped in a no confidence motion. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Balls?

Your right about Martin. Although you could have put Varadkar in there and the sentence would have stood just as well, opposition part probably next year though.

Balls?

You can talk the talk all you like paddy, but I won't take the bait.

Dare I ask though, who is Mr. Burns?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

Just reading on The Journal about Dooley & Collins. Seems there are nothing but fraudsters running our country.

Voting in fraudsters like these along with the likes of mb,JM,af etc. we deserve all this sh1t. And fraudsters isn’t conf8ned to just fg.

HELP!!!!!

And Typical Fianna Fail when they were asked about it there first reaction was to deny

Collins stated he knew nothing about it as did Dooley only when they were caught out by the Camera did they fess up its a disgrace how our legislators first reaction is to lie

• Advertisement

Balls?

Oh and don't forget, Martin and ff are keeping your bunch of 'excellent statesmen' in power.

Pedro K wrote: »
    Paddy. Have you anything to say about the inconsistency in your position on Bailey? You said there was nothing wrong, she was vindicated etc. But then said she should be dropped in a no confidence motion. Which is it?

The decision about deputy Bailey is a decison for the Dun Loaighre Rathdown branch. If they have lost confidence in her then that is their perogative.

I think drawing a line under this and Bailey off the ticket is good for the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

No fan of MM but he was responsible for the smoking ban as minister for health, a ban which has a positive effect on the health of the nation.
    I for the life can't think of any achievement by LV when he had the health minister job.
    A whiny opposition leader who dealt swiftly with questionable behaviour by two of his TD's. Leo had to commission a report before he dealt with Bailey, did nothing about Alan Farrell . Oh btw he put the country ahead of his party by engaging in a C and S arrangement. Although I suspect they were happy to control the opposition.
    Lastly its just childish to name call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

No fan of MM but he was responsible for the smoking ban as minister for health, a ban which has a positive effect on the health of the nation.
    I for the life can't think of any achievement by LV when he had the health minister job.
    A whiny opposition leader who dealt swiftly with questionable behaviour by two of his TD's. Leo had to commission a report before he dealt with Bailey, did nothing about Alan Farrell . Oh btw he part the country ahead of his party by engaging in a C and S arrangement. Although I suspect they were happy to control the opposition.
    Lastly its just childish to name call.

They were caught in camera!!

There was only one way that was going and MM and Dooley know that.

All of them are the same.

No credible party to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

lola85 wrote: »
    They were caught in camera!!

There was only one way that was going and MM and Dooley know that.

All of them are the same.

No credible party to vote for.

Do you honestly think the Dean hotel dont have cameras also ?.

The decision about deputy Bailey is a decison for the Dun Loaighre Rathdown branch. If they have lost confidence in her then that is their perogative.

I think drawing a line under this and Bailey off the ticket is good for the party.

You said:
    Looks like the report vindicates her from any wrongdoing.

And also said:
    Glad to hear that she will be ousted. Hopefully she'll be off the ticket and we won't need to to think about her come election time in spring.

These are logically inconsistent. Why would you be "glad" to see someone, a party member, "ousted" if they were "vindicated of any wrongdoing?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Do you honestly think the Dean hotel dont have cameras also ?.

Hopefully!

But they haven’t been released into the public domain.

Pedro K wrote: »
    You said:

And also said:

These are logically inconsistent. Why would you be "glad" to see someone, a party member, "ousted" if they were "vindicated of any wrongdoing?"

I answered why I was glad in the very next sentence. Thought that was pretty obvious, no?

I answered why I was glad in the very next sentence. Thought that was pretty obvious, no?

So you're perfectly happy, even glad, to see someone who, in your opinion, was "vindicated from any wrongdoing" shafted and thrown out as long as the party holds the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

lola85 wrote: »
    Hopefully!

They most definitely have CCTV footage, that's not even up for debate.

Hotel in swing case planned to use CCTV to fight Bailey claim
    But they haven’t been released into the public domain.

Seeing as the Indo have been like a dog with a bone concerning this story, drip feeding what they knew in well planned time frames, don't be surprised if they actually have a copy of it, and don't be surprised if it's eventually leaked.

With Madigan shunning Bailey, her former personal assistant tabling no confidence motions on her, you'd have to wonder how damming the footage is and who's captured on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Maria Bailey is definately a liability to the party in terms of popularity.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Maria Bailey is definately a liability to the party in terms of popularity.

She was certainly a liability the moment she sat on the chair in Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean's studio and gave that infamous interview.

Yet she's still hanging in there.

I wonder who she has dirt on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

She was certainly a liability the moment she sat on the chair in Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean, Sean's studio and gave that infamous interview.

Yet she's still hanging in there.

I wonder who she has dirt on?

She definitely has dirt on Leo, otherwise how can he still stand by her??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/its-all-out-in-the-open-and-wont-go-away-fresh-heave-against-maria-bailey-breaks-out-in-fine-gael-38611956.html

She is not gone yet. I would much prefer her to run in the next general election.
    Last week’s motion of no confidence was not voted upon.
    But a second motion has now been sent to the party at constituency and national level.
    The new motion asks the constituency organisation to ask the national executive to review and change the party ticket.
    “It’s a bushfire now. It’s all out in the open and won’t go away,” a party source said.
    Mr Varadkar said he has confidence in Ms Bailey but was lukewarm about canvassing with her

I very much doubt she will run though. The bona fides expense claims and the bona fides insurance claim seem to be an issue for some of her colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/its-all-out-in-the-open-and-wont-go-away-fresh-heave-against-maria-bailey-breaks-out-in-fine-gael-38611956.html

She is not gone yet. I would much prefer her to run in the next general election.

I very much doubt she will run though. The bona fides expense claims and the bona fides insurance claim seem to be an issue for some of her colleagues.
    She will definitely run as FG ticket and be voted back into the dail, Leo veruca sees her as a seat and Simon is a good family friend and the posh of rathdown will vote for one of their own.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    She definitely has dirt on Leo, otherwise how can he still stand by her??

All guesswork, but I’d say she has serious dirt on JM too.

So to recap, even though the report vindicated Maria of any wrong doing, (your words) and the whole storm in a teacup or nothingness will be blown over and forgot about after summer recess (still your words) Bailey should still be made to walk the plank?

Like don't get me wrong, you were pretty much just pissin into the wind with your predictions about how and when people would still be discussing this, that was a guess to be fair, and you got it woefully wrong.

The startling thing for me (and j guess I ain't alone on it) is your earlier assesment of the report leo commissioned on Bailey, and despite not seeing it - you were pretty adamant, extremely adamant in fact that it completely exonerated her - and she had been vindicated, and people really should just move on.

As far as I know, there's not been much of the reports details having being leaked at this stage, and apart from the expense story, where she was seen to be trying to claw back a couple of grand she was not entitled to, which you explained away as a "simple miscalculation".

You've been pretty emphatic on your support for deputy Bailey for five months now, holding her buried report as having exonerated her, and the miscalculations excuse for the expense stroke, but suddenly you now say she's gotta go.

That's some turning point, for no real reason (that I can see anyway).

Was it a slow turning point Paddy, or do you reckon you can pinpoint the exact moment and time you found yourself on the road to Damascus?

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

" She will definitely run as FG ticket and be voted back into the dail ".
    If people commenting on this topic , and every friend , relation etc, simply do not give a vote to any of the involved TD's, then the will not be voted back in......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Looks like Bailey will be off the ticket and replaced by Councillor Jennifer O'Neill. According to today's Indo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fine Gael is holding an emergency meeting on swing compensation claim TD Maria Bailey running for the party in the general election.

Love the moniker.
    Be ironic if Simon backs her against the grass roots, considering how Leo got the top job.

Advertisement