Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst physical injury you've had

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Currently have a torn meniscus in my right knee, on crutches and awaiting operation date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Fractured my 4th and 5th tarsometatarsal bones in my foot last year as well as a dislocated cuboid while playing a football match.
    Still not fully recovered and prob never will be

Funniest injury was while i was working on a mine site in Australia and half of the campsite where flying home the next day for a week off so we all went to the pub, i went to toilet area where a bunch of lads were messing flinging toilet roll and i heard one of the rolls fall into the toilet bowl so i was waiting for it to be flung back, it was indeed thrown straight at my head so i ducked resulting in my face hitting the cistern and resulting in a broken nose.
    There then had to be an investigation to what happened and none of the management could keep a straight face,while i explained what happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Broke my arm in 2 places in a car crash.
    The break damaged my nerves and lost all movement in the arm
    Arm better but will never be fully right. Have no Feeling in ring and baby finger.
    I am used to it now and I always give thanks no one was killed in that crash.
    To think you could have caused someone’s else death is sobering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Smashed 3 front teeth. Very sore, and very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I got a smack of a car when I was younger and was out cold but didn't break anything.

I put it down to all the milk I drank, which I'll probably also blame for heart disease when the time comes.

Milk doesn't cause heart disease.

• Advertisement

Childbirth..
    What happened you?

I got crushed under a ramp of a cattle trailer when 15 cattle came out of the trailer over it. No broken bones but I had a fairly sore back for two weeks after same as if I were run over by a train. Another time I got bucked off a horse onto solid ground, I dropped 6 feet in the air in a sitting position pulled a muscle in my thigh and was in crutches for 8 weeks after. Spent a few sleepless nights after that one and felt like I was run over by a train in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Workplace accident,.

Me too, had quite a nasty paper cut once, really stung....

Otherwise, ruptured my cruciate ligament in January this year while skiing. Still recovering. Can jog a little bit now.

trashcan wrote: »
    Me too, had quite a nasty paper cut once, really stung....

Otherwise, ruptured my cruciate ligament in January this year while skiing. Still recovering. Can jog a little bit now.

Jaysus, you wouldn't want to be working on a farm so where cuts are almost an everyday ocurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Broken heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fell into the side of a glasshouse when I was 6 and nearly lost my arm. It took 60 stitches and a skin graft to put it back together, they had to get a plastic surgeon from the Mater to come to temple Street to work on my arm because there was nothing they could do for me.

Have a pretty cool scar now that takes up most of my forearm :D

Advertisement