Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Lorenzo Chat Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

moeblogs wrote: »
    A few message I received today...:o Waterford City..
    492222.png
    u lucky b***D 123.ie never sent me one @ all:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Talking about 2014 as a filler.Where's the howling wind noise ?.Oh sorry there isn't any wind.This is so embarrassing,out through the windows behind them the water is barely moving

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Brilliant its Captain Birds Eye .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The rock armour us holding up well against nothing (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Prime Time:- I see Santy has arrived on the west coast..........it must be serious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

There is no storm at all. The news people and RTÉ are deliberately lying to us to boost ratings. Their footage is from foreign places that get storms like New Orleans and Indonesia. Dublin is mild and clear blue skies. I won’t ever fall for this storm warning again. Still tho, glad I was able to use it as an excuse to ‘work’ from home today and tomorrow.

Except it was never meant to hit Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

eastie17 wrote: »
    There are no trees in Connacht and west Ulster :)

Are you serious? Or just living East if the Shannon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Bens Surf Shop says all his stock was destroyed in 2014 becauce it got wet lol !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I believe myself since the tv forecast started showing kmph instead of mph that everyone has lost the run of themselves.
    Elderly in particular who would have been used to 50 mph winds are now scared when they see 80 on screen. Now you could say there is not much you can do about that but it seems to me the media are now practically treating km as miles too in the way they report this.
    I don't think people really need to worry about storm until it hits around 100 mph in terms of structural damage etc. So stay in, Have food and heat organised in case of power cut but your house will be ok.
    The media though seem to treat 130 kph as the end of the world and it really is worrying people where they really shouldn't.
    Flooding is a major worry for certain areas and this should be reported accurately but again, the news channels seem to muddle it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Brilliant its Captain Birds Eye .

Poor man got stage fright. Green party blaming climate change. Christ. Storms happen every so often. Greens will bring in a storm tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This is why the weather people are celebrities now and appear on the late late show, and get in free to Lillie Bordelos. They need to keep themselves in the limelight. They’ll be spouting on about global warming for the next 10 years before they retire and get replaced by the new batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

The coastguard guy was awful bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭buried

Eoghan "no major incidents" Murphy lol

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

At least it is deflecting the heat from the minister for the housing crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

'Stay high'?

Okey dokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,271 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We had terrible rain last week, my drains were overflowing for an hour.

There was no coloured rainfall warning then. Why not?

I think Mr.Murphy should be trying to solve the homeless crisis,he is talking ****e right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

It's getting serious .... Where's me purple iodine tablet !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Can’t take him seriously without his sleeves rolled up

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

physioman wrote: »
    Poor man got stage fright. Green party blaming climate change. Christ. Storms happen every so often. Greens will bring in a storm tax

I felt sorry for him. Volunteer s do great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I blame Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The minister of Housing and Storms can not afford to buy socks. Either that or he had to take them off cis they got wet from having to wade through a flood in the way to RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Ah jaysus 50-60 mph winds a few branches down and the odd tree and rte are preparing for the Apocalypse...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Watching Prime Time, if there ever was a more fitting example of Fake News, completely overhyped this but still going along with the charade

easypazz wrote: »
    The coastguard guy was awful bad.

Embarrassed to be there,perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

For Eoghan Murphy this is a welcome distraction from the 10,000 homeless in Dublin. He can reel off this script without having to answer any difficult questions.

RTE are truly shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

this is an episode of brass eye isnt it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It's getting serious .... Where's me purple iodine tablet !!!

Purple?..........Jaysus mine is green........should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

It's Eoghan Murphy TD on Prime Time! I've actually just lost my hearing. Please let me know if he says anything worthwhile! Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Minister Eoghan Murphy trying to appear all business like, efficient and on his brief.

Pity he's not so hot on the rest of his brief

Advertisement