Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Novel SR Silent Power Shower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,952 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

summerh1ll wrote: »
    Hi
    My 15-year-old Triton AquaSensations (AS2000 I think) finally packed in today. From day 1 it howled for a while when it was switched on but it still worked all this time. But now I find myself in the market for a new one.
    Is a Triton AS2000SR a direct swap or do the electrics need to be redone as well?

Almost a straight swap. Electrics are the same, assuming they were done correctly originally. 30 minute job for a shower replacement company with a little drilling involved. They are a great shower. Best power shower on the market quality wise. Aquastream has a little more pressure but not as reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andy24

Hi Sleeper12, I'm looking at replacing a New Team 3000 that has slow leaks in the inlet valve seals (I'd repair but can't get the parts now) and the Triton Novel SR looks a good choice. I'll use rear inlet entry, but:
    - how do you stop water going down the back of the casing and into the wall? The installation manual says "DO NOT tile up to or seal around ANY PART of the unit using silicone sealer", and the installation video shows the hole in the wall just left open
    - what do you think of using flexible pipes to get the inlet elbows into position? Again, the manual says "MUST NOT be connected to the inlet supply by a hose-set", but why? I have other pipes awkwardly in the way of getting the existing pipework over to the new position, and going round them with 300mm flexible pipes would be much easier than using lots of copper joints.

Thanks for help.

Andy24 wrote:
    Hi Sleeper12, I'm looking at replacing a New Team 3000 that has slow leaks in the inlet valve seals (I'd repair but can't get the parts now) and the Triton Novel SR looks a good choice. I'll use rear inlet entry, but: - how do you stop water going down the back of the casing and into the wall? The installation manual says "DO NOT tile up to or seal around ANY PART of the unit using silicone sealer", and the installation video shows the hole in the wall just left open - what do you think of using flexible pipes to get the inlet elbows into position? Again, the manual says "MUST NOT be connected to the inlet supply by a hose-set", but why? I have other pipes awkwardly in the way of getting the existing pipework over to the new position, and going round them with 300mm flexible pipes would be much easier than using lots of copper joints.

The correct way to install any power or electric shower is to have the hole in the wall slightly bigger than the thickness of the pipes and cable. Before fitting the cover you should seal the hole with silicone. It doesn't show this in the video but it's the best way to do it... In the real world you might have a 4 or 6 inch hole behind the shower. There are times when you have to ignore the instructions. There are times when you will have to silicone around a shower because it was installed wrong 20 years ago.

Flexis aren't ever a great idea for power or electric showers. The hole inside the flexi usually isn't as big as half inch pipe & as you bend it into shape to fit the shower you make the hole smaller, restricting the flow more & more. A plumber wouldn't need to use them but if you are doing it yourself then you are unlikely to be able to bend copper pipes or solder. If buying Flexis make sure they have a big diameter & make sure you have no kinks in them when fitting the shower. Flexis could void the warranty on the shower. They won't use the Flexis as an excuse to get out of the warranty but if they genuinely feel Flexis restricted to flow & caused the motor to fail then this will not be covered.

I have big(!) hole in the stud wall to make good where the New Team 3000 was inset, so I'll see how that goes.

With flexis, I can get 13mm internal diameter and try to minimise the bends, but will see again how difficult it looks in copper at the time - I'm ok with a bit of bending and soldering, but the bends could be 2 or 3 in each pipe and tight. We've always though run the New Team on minimum flow ok (nearly 30 years!), so wouldn't expect to ask the Triton to work hard either.

Hi Sleeper12, further quick query if poss. - do you have experience of the Mira Go power shower, and it's pros/cons against the Novel? With its inlets being on the left instead of right it could solve my awkward pipework problem, but I'd only want to use it if all else is about as good as the Novel. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Andy24 wrote:
    Hi Sleeper12, further quick query if poss. - do you have experience of the Mira Go power shower, and it's pros/cons against the Novel? With its inlets being on the left instead of right it could solve my awkward pipework problem, but I'd only want to use it if all else is about as good as the Novel. Thanks.

Mira Go 1 years warranty. Triton Novel SR 2 years warranty. Novel is silent and Go isn't. Novel has a better footprint for covering larger holes. Overall the Triton is far better than the Mira. If you are going to fit yourself then the Mira might be easier to fit your setup. If you engage a plumber or shower repair company then they will be able to fit the Triton

V. good info - much appreciated again, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StephenMc2015

This thread is probably dead at this stage, but worth a try, just had the Triton Novel SR shower fitted and the pressure from the shower is weak, is there a way to increase the pressure. The pump sounds as if it’s running but the flow adjustment dial doesn’t seem to have any effect is this a possible problem ? It’s a gravity fed system so should be suitable for this shower unit. Any help would be gratefully received

This thread is probably dead at this stage, but worth a try, just had the Triton Novel SR shower fitted and the pressure from the shower is weak, is there a way to increase the pressure. The pump sounds as if it’s running but the flow adjustment dial doesn’t seem to have any effect is this a possible problem ? It’s a gravity fed system so should be suitable for this shower unit. Any help would be gratefully received

About 20 percent of people feel that their new triton or Mira electric shower isn't as powerful as the old one.

You can test it by getting a letre jug, getting the shower running at a warm temperature and see how many times you can fill the litre jug in 60 seconds. This will give you the litre per minute flow rate. Depending on the temperature of the water in the cold water tank I'd be expecting 3.5 to 4 lpm at this time of the year. It can be a little as 3 lpm on a cold frosty morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭John.G

Slight mix up?
    That shower (if not the T90 SR) is fed from the DHW cylinder and the CWST and can deliver up to 14 LPM I think. Its a power shower really.
    You should get the installer back as there is definitely something wrong there, it may be the installation or the shower itself, can you measure the flow rates turned to fully cold and then fully hot to give you some idea of the flow rates, Sleeper12 will advise you.

• Advertisement

John.G wrote:
    Slight mix up? That shower (if not the T90 SR) is fed from the DHW cylinder and the CWST and can deliver up to 14 LPM I think. Its a power shower really. You should get the installer back as there is definitely something wrong there, it may be the installation or the shower itself, can you measure the flow rates turned to fully cold and then fully hot to give you some idea of the flow rates, Sleeper12 will advise you.

Sorry I was responding to two threads at the same time.
    Triton novel will put out up to 14 lpm on highest setting and 10 litres on lowest setting. If not getting close to these then it could be slightly airlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StephenMc2015

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sorry I was responding to two threads at the same time.
    Triton novel will put out up to 14 lpm on highest setting and 10 litres on lowest setting. If not getting close to these then it could be slightly airlocked

Read through the installation manual and noticed the commissioning switch that’s used during installation let’s a flow through at about 4.5l/min, suspected this wasn’t set to off after commissioning, so opened up the unit to check this and set the switch to off, running fine now

Thanks for the advice and help

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

I’ve just ordered a Mira SE Dual on the advice of our plumber. Anyone any experience of it?

Read through the installation manual and noticed the commissioning switch that’s used during installation let’s a flow through at about 4.5l/min, suspected this wasn’t set to off after commissioning, so opened up the unit to check this and set the switch to off, running fine now

Thanks for the advice and help

They have that commissioning switch as well on their pumped electric showers AFAIK, easy to forget.

New2Dubs wrote:
    I’ve just ordered a Mira SE Dual on the advice of our plumber. Anyone any experience of it?

The build quality of the Mira Elite Qt & it's replacement the Mira Elite SE is bad. Cheap plastic drys out & becomes brittle. Shower hose is cheap too. Not chrome and the plastic perishes close to the shower head. Motor or flow valve makes a squeaky noise when you reduce the flow for warmer water.

The Triton T90sr is a far better shower but Mira are the only ones that do a dual head. The rain head is OK considering its an electric shower & only putting out 3 to 4 5 litres per minute. Rain heads usually put out 14 to 20 litres per minute. Rain head ads around 130 euros to the cost of the regular mira elite se

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

some one i know had 3 triton power showers short out after 2 years each

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

bobbyy gee wrote: »

MOD NOTE. STOP CHIPPING IN WITH LOW LEVEL TROLLING OR YOU'LL END UP IN TROUBLE.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Even if they don't mind needlessly replacing showers every two years I strongly suggest they get in a Registered Electrical Contractor to find out what is shorting out 3 separate appliances. There is most likely a wiring issue that could be very dangerous. I mean logic suggests that replacing an appliance again & again suggests an electrical issue & not an appliance issue

Just as a matter of interest does the pump have two impellers with separate hot & cold or is the mixing done on the inlet side with just one pump impeller.? (seems unlikely) the reason I ask is that all the major pump manufacturers of domestic booster pumps specify that the hot water should not exceed 60/65C otherwise the warranty is voided. Is there also a hot temperature limit specified by Triton for the Novel?.

John.G wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest does the pump have two impellers with separate hot & cold or is the mixing done on the inlet side with just one pump impeller.? (seems unlikely) the reason I ask is that all the major pump manufacturers of domestic booster pumps specify that the hot water should not exceed 60/65C otherwise the warranty is voided. Is there also a hot temperature limit specified by Triton for the Novel?.

There is a tempeture limit for Triton, mira, Aqualisa etc. I'm pretty sure even bar mixers & cartridge showers have a max tempeture. Anything over 60/65c is going to damage thermostatic cartridge

• Advertisement

Thanks, there must be a fair few times where these limits are exceeded by people with wet stoves where it wouldn't be that unusual for the DHW temp to exceed 60/65c a few times a year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

John.G wrote: »
    Thanks, there must be a fair few times where these limits are exceeded by people with wet stoves where it wouldn't be that unusual for the DHW temp to exceed 60/65c a few times a year.
    You could always fit a mixing valve...if it did not also have a low limit :pac::pac::pac:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Triton Novel SR Silent Power Shower is the replacement for the Triton AS2000XT. It is the first ever silent power shower. I thought I'd post a short video showing how silent it actually is. It uses the same type of motor from the Triton T90SR silent shower. The T90SR is out over Three years now & it's motor has proven to be the most reliable shower motor we have ever seen. After installing thousands of these I am genuinely stunned that there hasn't been a single issue with the motor. You would expect one in every hundred or so to act up in the first three years & this would be the case with all previous shower motors but not a single one has been reported to us.

The entire Triton AS2000XT has been improved. Not a single part from the AS200XT fits into the Triton Novel SR. This shower launched only a few weeks ago so it's too early to say how good or bad the design is but I can vouch for the motor. Maybe over time members will post their experience of the shower here. In the meantime see how quiet this shower really is.

Hi Sleeper

I've been given a quote of 925 to supply and install one of these where there is currently a non electric non power shower.

Is this a fair price?
    Do they use much electricity?
    Is there less flow during cold weather?

Shandon wrote:
    Is this a fair price? Do they use much electricity? Is there less flow during cold weather?

The Triton Novel SR is a power shower so does not heat up the water. You should have around 14 litres of water per minute all year round. The motor is low voltage so the shower itself will use very little electricity. The cost will be in how you heat the water.

Prices vary throughout the country. In remote areas the plumber might have to travel 2 hours just to get to you. The lay out of the house can add to the price. If the shower is backing onto the hot press, then this can cut down on the price. In Dublin dedicated shower repair companies will offer this service for 750 supplied & fitted or less usually sending out a plumber & electrician.

I wouldn't like to say it's a high quote as your plumber has seen the house & I haven't. I'd suggest getting two more quotes but at the end of the day I'd rather pay more for the better tradesmen

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Hi I need to replace my AS 2000 with a Novel SR,,have been pricing and best price I can find is €247,supplied only.
    Does that seem to be the best price out there,thanks..

elaverty wrote:
    Hi I need to replace my AS 2000 with a Novel SR,,have been pricing and best price I can find is €247,supplied only. Does that seem to be the best price out there,thanks..

Yes. List price is 280 or 290. Many trade counters are charging 260 to 270. Just make sure it is the Irish version Triton Novel SR & not the UK model Triton As2000sr. The UK model has no Irish warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Yes. List price is 280 or 290. Many trade counters are charging 260 to 270. Just make sure it is the Irish version Triton Novel SR & not the UK model Triton As2000sr. The UK model has no Irish warranty
    Thanks hows this.

elaverty wrote:
    Thanks hows this.

That's the Novel SR alright. Can't see you getting it any cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nodrog2

Hi

Triton ax2000xt packed up today. Is the replacement for this model the as2000sr or the triton novel sr. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

The Triton AS200SR is the UK version. It's not supposed to be sold in Ireland & has no warranty in Ireland. The Irish version is the Triton Novel SR. This has a 2 years parts & labour warranty. It's a better looking shower to IMO

Advertisement