Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Novel SR Silent Power Shower

Options
  • 26-09-2019 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭

Triton Novel SR Silent Power Shower is the replacement for the Triton AS2000XT. It is the first ever silent power shower. I thought I'd post a short video showing how silent it actually is. It uses the same type of motor from the Triton T90SR silent shower. The T90SR is out over Three years now & it's motor has proven to be the most reliable shower motor we have ever seen. After installing thousands of these I am genuinely stunned that there hasn't been a single issue with the motor. You would expect one in every hundred or so to act up in the first three years & this would be the case with all previous shower motors but not a single one has been reported to us.

The entire Triton AS2000XT has been improved. Not a single part from the AS200XT fits into the Triton Novel SR. This shower launched only a few weeks ago so it's too early to say how good or bad the design is but I can vouch for the motor. Maybe over time members will post their experience of the shower here. In the meantime see how quiet this shower really is.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Thermostat only or can you get a manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

wing52 wrote: »
    Thermostat only or can you get a manual?

That question blindsided me. Thermostatic only AFAIK. We haven't installed a manual shower in 15 years or more. Price difference is usually around 10 euro yet thermostatic is far superior. I can't think of a reason of installing a manual shower in a home that meets all the plumbing regulations TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Do you think it would be an easy replacement for mira vigour when mine goes which it will i'm sure first one only lasted 3 years.

Do you think it would be an easy replacement for mira vigour when mine goes which it will i'm sure first one only lasted 3 years.

The hot & cold will need to be swapped around. If pipes are loose in the wall then not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

I'm looking to replace this (pic attached). Model name is 1500 xt thermostatic but no brand name that I can see.
    Would this Triton model be an easy replacement?

• Advertisement

micawber wrote:
    I'm looking to replace this (pic attached). Model name is 1500 xt thermostatic but no brand name that I can see. Would this Triton model be an easy replacement?

No photos attached

I'm looking to replace this (pic attached). Model name is 1500 xt thermostatic but no brand name that I can see.
    Would this Triton model be an easy replacement?

micawber wrote:
    I'm looking to replace this (pic attached). Model name is 1500 xt thermostatic but no brand name that I can see. Would this Triton model be an easy replacement?

The pipework would need to be altered for the Triton. The pipes on that aren't side by side like the Triton. They are on top of each other. If pipes are copper then wall needs opening. If pipes are qualpex it might be easier.

The direct replacement for that is a Bristan 1500 (hydropower I think)

Thanks. Not anxious to go down the knocking holes and having to find replacement tiles.
    Have shower for over 12 yrs. Is the latest version anyway decent?
    If so all I need is to find a decent installer.. 🀔

micawber wrote:
    Thanks. Not anxious to go down the knocking holes and having to find replacement tiles. Have shower for over 12 yrs. Is the latest version anyway decent? If so all I need is to find a decent installer.. ðŸ€â€

A decent installer should be able to alter pipe work and hide the hole behind the shower or another option is to attack it on the other side of wall.

• Advertisement

Thanks that's helpful.
    Any opinions on the Bristan? Our current one has given great service. Still working but leaking from inside unit so flow reduced significantly

micawber wrote:
    Thanks that's helpful. Any opinions on the Bristan? Our current one has given great service. Still working but leaking from inside unit so flow reduced significantly

They are OK ish. Same sort of price as the triton novel SR or mira vigour thermostatic but very basic. The main difference is the volume of the motor compared to the triton.

Again thanks.
    Now just have to decide whether easier and so cheaper direct replacement better than quieter but messier switch to Triton..

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

From an install perspective, is this a direct replacement for AS2000XT without the need to drill new holes for shower or riser? Have my AS2000XT just over 3 years now and gets used at 2-3 times a day, no issues yet but expect it will need replacing by this model at some stage.

vicadd wrote: »
    From an install perspective, is this a direct replacement for AS2000XT without the need to drill new holes for shower or riser? Have my AS2000XT just over 3 years now and gets used at 2-3 times a day, no issues yet but expect it will need replacing by this model at some stage.

The new shower pole should match up with your old pole but the shower itself is different. The plumbing & electrics are in the same place & it covers the old footprint. The screw holes are in totally different places. On the AS2000 the top & left screw hole could be problematic if tiler left too big a hole. They have sorted this issue by providing a choice of 4 screw holes. You don't need to use all 4 but it's great to have a choice of where to drill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

How feasible or difficult would it be to replace an Aqualisa Aquastream with this ? Thanks.

1641 wrote:
    How feasible or difficult would it be to replace an Aqualisa Aquastream with this ? Thanks.

Wall needs to be opened to alter pipework and as the aquastream is low voltage it will need to be rewired.

Aquastream is a good shower but way over priced I don't think they are worth any more than 400 / 450. They break as often as showers in the 250 / 300 price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Is this really a power shower though? The water pressure on any electric shower I've used has always been very very weak.

We've just purchased a house and will be looking to add a power shower so wondering if this is the real deal.

John_Mc wrote:
    Is this really a power shower though? The water pressure on any electric shower I've used has always been very very weak.

This is a power shower & not an electric shower. Electric shower 3 to 4.5 litres of water per minute depending on the time of year.

The definition of a power shower is a shower that puts out at least 10 litres of water per minute. 9.9 litres is not a power shower. This power shower puts out 10 to 14 litres of water per minute and that is determined by the user while in the shower. Most people would be very happy with this shower

An even better shower is a good quality bar mixer with rain head & a 3 bar pump. This is a more expensive set up but it will deliver 20 to 23 litres of water per minute

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is a power shower & not an electric shower. Electric shower 3 to 4.5 litres of water per minute depending on the time of year.

The definition of a power shower is a shower that puts out at least 10 litres of water per minute. 9.9 litres is not a power shower. This power shower puts out 10 to 14 litres of water per minute and that is determined by the user while in the shower. Most people would be very happy with this shower

An even better shower is a good quality bar mixer with rain head & a 3 bar pump. This is a more expensive set up but it will deliver 20 to 23 litres of water per minute

Thanks very much. Would you usually need to upgrade pipes from cyclinder and tank to provide the 20-23 litres of water a minute?

• Advertisement

John_Mc wrote:
    Thanks very much. Would you usually need to upgrade pipes from cyclinder and tank to provide the 20-23 litres of water a minute?

Best practice is to get as close as possible to the shower in 3/4 inch before dropping to half inch. The more elbows used the more you slow the water down. It helps if your cold water tank is raised in the attic rather than sitting on the attic floor.

Word of warning: you can totally drain a full tank of hot water in less than 10 minutes. Not a good idea with teenage daughters in house

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

@Sleeper
    My Mira Elite electric shower needs replacing.

Would it be easy to replace it with a triton T90SR. or should I go for a Mira Elite QT?
    Thanks in advance

earlytobed wrote: »
    @Sleeper
    My Mira Elite electric shower needs replacing.

Would it be easy to replace it with a triton T90SR. or should I go for a Mira Elite QT?
    Thanks in advance

There is a whole thread on how bad the Mira Elite QT is. A Triton T900PI is pretty much a direct replacement for the Mira Elite. Same footprint. 95 percent of the time we can swap Mire Elite for a Triton T90SR without issue. The other 5 percent we can't because of bad tiling jobs. Sometimes no tiles behind the shower at all

Best practice is to get as close as possible to the shower in 3/4 inch before dropping to half inch. The more elbows used the more you slow the water down. It helps if your cold water tank is raised in the attic rather than sitting on the attic floor.

Word of warning: you can totally drain a full tank of hot water in less than 10 minutes. Not a good idea with teenage daughters in house

How much is that power shower and what would you be looking at for cost of installation?

Thanks in advance

John_Mc wrote: »
    How much is that power shower and what would you be looking at for cost of installation?

Thanks in advance

What power shower? Triton Novel SR? or a bar mixer with dedicated pump?

What power shower? Triton Novel SR? or a bar mixer with dedicated pump?

I think Triton Novel SR would be enough. You're right about emptying the tank with a single shower!

John_Mc wrote: »
    I think Triton Novel SR would be enough. You're right about emptying the tank with a single shower!

The Triton Novel SR is around 280 euro & I would think a full installation from scratch would be around 600 inc VAT supplied & fitted depending on the layout of the house. You want a genuine invoice for the warranty

I have seen people look for 600 just to replace an electric shower when you could get a full installation for close to that. It's always a good thing to shop around but it's important to compare like with like. You want a legitimate company with good reviews or comes recommended. There are a lot of cowboys out there with beautiful looking websites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Can I ask how easy would it be to replace a triton as2000xt with a t90sr

massy086 wrote:
    Can I ask how easy would it be to replace a triton as2000xt with a t90sr

You can't replace the as2000xt with a Triton t90sr as such. Install a Triton t90sr would be considered a complete new full installation rather than a replacement. They are two totally different types of showers. The cable feeding your as2000xt runs off a 3amp spur. The cable required for the triton t90sr is going to be one of the biggest cables in your home and has to go back to a 40 amp rcbo at the fuse box.

The Triton Novel SR Silent Running Thermostatic Power Shower is a perfect replacement for your as2000xt though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 summerh1ll

Hi
    My 15-year-old Triton AquaSensations (AS2000 I think) finally packed in today. From day 1 it howled for a while when it was switched on but it still worked all this time. But now I find myself in the market for a new one.
    Is a Triton AS2000SR a direct swap or do the electrics need to be redone as well?

Advertisement