Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Makes sense.

Bloody infuriating though that it means he genuinely was pulling his accusations out of his ass....

Gertie wasn’t too active the first few days but this stuck out for me.

Gertie, what is the difference between somebody plucking a gut feeling out of their ass and somebody plucking powers out of their ass? You see our fake VIG nearly got a goody killed and while my reaction to Katie was Out of proportion, I am good and still potentially up for the chop. Perhaps you will wait until I am dead to be infuriated?

That post was thanked by Eva, not sure if that makes much difference but it’s interesting none the less.
    I can kind of see the point, though I'd say it's "weird" in a different way.

Doris was displaying a crazy level of confidence. No way a wolf would have been so brazen as to pick one person and just try and railroad someone. She even said she'd happily be killed off today if Isla flipped good. It's not wolfie play to push yourself to be lynched so quickly.

I don't know what Orla's play is though, saying, for instance, Connor is getting munched. Even a new wolf would know such antagonistic language is counter-productive.

The boldes bit is telling. You accused me of being the SK trying to railroad Katie to death. So the SK, with no fallback was brazen but a wolf wouldn’t be? You have jumped on me since the get go on this that contradicts your earlier posts.

I'm in and out all evening, unfortunately, but it feels like everyone has pretty much made their minds up about what they want to do, one way or other?

I'm voting Derry.

This morning, Katie made a play to bait the SK. Liam sacrificed himself to back the play, and it worked. After it was revealed, Derry got angry, aggressive, and defeatist. He was basically only a step away from admitting he was the SK.

He's since spent the day pulling every play out of the werewolf handbook; he's accused literally everyone to see what sticks, he's made constant excuses for absences (only to keep showing back up over and over), he's screamed for someone to shoot him (reverse psychology attempts at their finest, and I'm guessing a gamble that Katie was right about a lack of Vig). He was an SK that got caught this morning, and has spent the day trying to repair every little bit of the damage his panic caused.

Look at his posts. Seriously, go back and re-read that hour long window again. He was desperate to get Katie lynched instead of killed by Liam, continued to try and discredit her after the reveal she was good. There's not been one person he's not thrown shade at today.

Catch a wolf, kill a wolf.
    No way a wolf would have been so brazen as to pick one person and just try and railroad someone.

That quote is your words. I’ve linked them in my previous post that anybody can find. What happened the last day or so to make you do a complete 180 on this view?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I'm in and out all evening, unfortunately, but it feels like everyone has pretty much made their minds up about what they want to do, one way or other?

I'm voting Derry.

This morning, Katie made a play to bait the SK. Liam sacrificed himself to back the play, and it worked. After it was revealed, Derry got angry, aggressive, and defeatist. He was basically only a step away from admitting he was the SK.

He's since spent the day pulling every play out of the werewolf handbook; he's accused literally everyone to see what sticks, he's made constant excuses for absences (only to keep showing back up over and over), he's screamed for someone to shoot him (reverse psychology attempts at their finest, and I'm guessing a gamble that Katie was right about a lack of Vig). He was an SK that got caught this morning, and has spent the day trying to repair every little bit of the damage his panic caused.

Look at his posts. Seriously, go back and re-read that hour long window again. He was desperate to get Katie lynched instead of killed by Liam, continued to try and discredit her after the reveal she was good. There's not been one person he's not thrown shade at today.

Catch a wolf, kill a wolf.

Jesus Gertie, your posts are so pockety to me, not intentionally, it’s not a dig.
    Whenever I read your posts I find myself agreeing, it was the same with Riona, I thought she was a smart player and the biggest loss here.

I haven’t thought Derry is bad, even with this morning, but ur post above is very compelling.

To me it looks like your neck is in the noose and I don’t believe that’s the right call for the village FWIW

My ffa currently is Brendo and Connor. Votes been in on Brendan most of the day though.

Derry, I’ve got you on my goodies list, so I’m not sure why you feel under pressure. Take a breath.

So I was good yesterday but bad today? That means you are basing everything off this morning which contradicts earlier posts you made.

Of course the balls of it is that you could be all of the above, a great villager and still be the SK

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Jesus Gertie, your posts are so pockety to me, not intentionally, it’s not a dig.
    Whenever I read your posts I find myself agreeing, it was the same with Riona, I thought she was a smart player and the biggest loss here.

I haven’t thought Derry is bad, even with this morning, but ur post above is very compelling.

To me it looks like your neck is in the noose and I don’t believe that’s the right call for the village FWIW

Wolves making a play ... right on cue

Gertie has had all day to post. I’ve said I’m around and she waits until then an hour before lynch. That’s as dodgy as it gets. Been in the BR cooking that up since 5 , eh Gertie?

Derry WW wrote: »
    So I was good yesterday but bad today? That means you are basing everything off this morning which contradicts earlier posts you made.

No harm Derry but it’s only when people are under pressure that you can really judge them

Of course the balls of it is that you could be all of the above, a great villager and still be the SK

What do you think of what Gertie said 2 days ago? She pretty much berated a villager for doing something very similar to Katie. And then said a baddy would never be “so brazen” as to go after one person.

Yet now she’s jumping to the exact opposite conclusion with me. You don’t find that remotely suspicious?

What do you think of what Gertie said 2 days ago? She pretty much berated a villager for doing something very similar to Katie. And then said a baddy would never be “so brazen” as to go after one person.

Yet now she’s jumping to the exact opposite conclusion with me. You don’t find that remotely suspicious?

If you are good and you read my posts you can’t possibly take Gertie seriously.

I can understand Katie wanting to lynch me as she was on the end of some unfair ranting from me. But not the Sk or other remaining villager.

So what Derry, I’m not allowed comment on posts that affect you?
    You want help but so long as your not involved?

FWIW I won’t be voting you this evening, unless you come out and admit to being a wolf? Why because you’re down the list of who I think the wolves are. But I am allowed to comment on some solid commentary

I also don’t think we should lynch Gertie for similar reasons but apparently I can say that or it’s a conspiracy

• Advertisement

I’m gonna predict that the sk will go for clodagh and/or Gertie if this is the cross they are gonna get hung on....

I am not the Sk and whatever happens I feel I’ve done everything I can to make my village life count.

Two days ago I said there’s no way a wolf could be as nuts as Orla, no way
    Yet here we are, things change

So what Derry, I’m not allowed comment on posts that affect you?
    You want help but so long as your not involved?

FWIW I won’t be voting you this evening, unless you come out and admit to being a wolf? Why because you’re down the list of who I think the wolves are. But I am allowed to comment on some solid commentary

I also don’t think we should lynch Gertie for similar reasons but apparently I can say that or it’s a conspiracy

No clodagh, the issue isn’t that you cant comment on things , it’s when people only comment and factor in one side of a discussion. I didn’t see any response to my work to show up Gertie.

I’m fighting for my life and people aren’t even looking for balance, just confirmation bias.

Orlas behavior was consistantly erratic, mine is not. It’s a cop out excuse.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry, you do know I had you on my FFA1, right? You were a very weak feeling I had, but it's not as if I just flipped on you utterly this morning, after exclaiming I was 100% sure you were good.

On Day 1, I called you out for tying the village up and driving discussions of things that didn't need a fraction of the attention you repeatedly dragged us back to.

On Day 2, I felt you improved that behaviour, sure. You came across as way more villager-y. You stopped tunnelling on things, and were way more relaxed.

But you're acting as if this morning was some routine little moment. It was something that made me realise I was wrong about that read; you hadn't improved because you were a villager trying to become more helpful. You were an SK who realised he was pushing a little too hard. You changed your tactics, and I changed my opinion. You slipped this morning. I changed back. That's allowed to happen, Derry.

I thought you were good yesterday.

Something happened.

I think you're bad now.

Locking into an opinion and never changing it is stupid.

I also can't help but lol at this idea of "He said yesterday a wolf wouldn't go so hard at someone", as if that gives you a fully clear path now. A panicked SK absolutely would go hard at someone if they suddenly saw their game fall apart. And that level of aggressive and the defeatist attitude (the whole "omg village, well done on losing!" rants especially) screams a panicked wolf.

A villager simply does not act like you did this morning. They don't.

Derry, you do know I had you on my FFA1, right? You were a very weak feeling I had, but it's not as if I just flipped on you utterly this morning, after exclaiming I was 100% sure you were good.

On Day 1, I called you out for tying the village up and driving discussions of things that didn't need a fraction of the attention you repeatedly dragged us back to.

On Day 2, I felt you improved that behaviour, sure. You came across as way more villager-y. You stopped tunnelling on things, and were way more relaxed.

But you're acting as if this morning was some routine little moment. It was something that made me realise I was wrong about that read; you hadn't improved because you were a villager trying to become more helpful. You were an SK who realised he was pushing a little too hard. You changed your tactics, and I changed my opinion. You slipped this morning. I changed back. That's allowed to happen, Derry.

I thought you were good yesterday.

Something happened.

I think you're bad now.

Locking into an opinion and never changing it is stupid.

I also can't help but lol at this idea of "He said yesterday a wolf wouldn't go so hard at someone", as if that gives you a fully clear path now. A panicked SK absolutely would go hard at someone if they suddenly saw their game fall apart. And that level of aggressive and the defeatist attitude (the whole "omg village, well done on losing!" rants especially) screams a panicked wolf.

A villager simply does not act like you did this morning. They don't.

Inconsistency is a wolf trait you have in abundance. Flip flopping, You have so much inconsistency in your narrative it’s not funny. Orla going off the rails has nothing to do with me and is not comparable in anyway to why I got annoyed this morning.

Asides from everything else, I can’t get my head around anybody being stupid enough to think that the SK blows their beans because they might lose one kill...

The point on you thinking I’m good yesterday is relevant because your entire judgement on me being bad is down to this morning. I’ve already shown you said yeh exact opposite on a goody pretending to know something they don’t and how a baddy would react. Now you are using exact opposite reasoning to justify your feelings on me.

Why did you wait until less then an hour before lynch to bring this up? Even that’s dodgy as f**k.

You see some people, like Katie and the wolves, want to believe I’m bad. They have motive, it’s clear Katie never got over my reaction and since it was on her she can’t bear to think I’m a villager who called her out and thought she played it bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I have a real life thing. Will try and be back by 9pm.

I didn’t go as nuts as Orla. I flipped at a particular moment when a team mate made a bad error that cost a RV his life. That’s completely different to whatever Orla was doing.

You have your two wolves nestled nicely up with you Katie. I don’t blame you for not seeing it.. And I forgive you if you do vote for me, I shouldn’t of gone off like that and my death will be on me.... I nearly want to be dead at this stage....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Why did you wait until less then an hour before lynch to bring this up? Even that’s dodgy as f**k.

Derry, I've been saying this since this morning. The fact you're trying to dismiss this as something I've only cooked up recently is yet more hilarious scrambling. I called you on it this morning as it was happening. I've stated it's my reasoning for voting for you all day.

Again, trying to shape this into a weird narrative like that only reaffirms my belief.

I didn’t go as nuts as Orla. I flipped at a particular moment when a team mate made a bad error that cost a RV his life. That’s completely different to whatever Orla was doing.

You have your two wolves nestled nicely up with you Katie. I don’t blame you for not seeing it.. And I forgive you if you do vote for me, I shouldn’t of gone off like that and my death will be on me.... I nearly want to be dead at this stage....

You have not engaged me at all. This is your strategy, use Katie’s insecurity this morning agaisnt me. It’s a good play and exactly what the wolves should do.

If I was SK I would be strapping a bomb to either you or clodagh (or both if he can).

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

You have not engaged me at all. This is your strategy, use Katie’s insecurity this morning agaisnt me. It’s a good play and exactly what the wolves should do.

If I was SK I would be strapping a bomb to either you or clodagh (or both if he can).

Sorry my insecurity? What are you on about. Your ramblings are looking very dodgy.

Derry, I've been saying this since this morning. The fact you're trying to dismiss this as something I've only cooked up recently is yet more hilarious scrambling. I called you on it this morning as it was happening. I've stated it's my reasoning for voting for you all day.

Again, trying to shape this into a weird narrative like that only reaffirms my belief.

There is no weird narrative. It’s very straight forward for anybody who look at what happened today objectively and see how you are manipulating it against me.

Your reasoning for voting for me is terrible. Your timing, waiting until after 8 to start up this dialogue is either terrible if a villager or perfect if a wolf... your timing couldn’t be better if you wanted to put the squeeze on me....

Derry, you are about to get lynched, will you just tell them who you are please

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

And now he stops talking. Christ this is not looking good.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Sorry my insecurity? What are you on about. Your ramblings are looking very dodgy.

Yes, I don’t believe our other villager thinks I’m guilty. If they are the VIG they didn’t want to kill me. Me going at you hard for , in my opinion, a ludicrous village play, Means you will not be looking for any signs that make me look bad. You are compromised because we argued and alL day you have looked for things to reaffirm this sentiment which our wolves have duly obliged you....

I’m not going down without saying my piece. I’ve spent most the Day trying to work some sort of strategy with the village and nobody engaged me. Not about a VIG strategy, not even about a collective village startegy.

Me going nuts is on me. But I called you out correctly and you are choosing to ignore everything I’ve tried to do today because you want me to be bad after what happened this morning.... without your ruse I don’t go mad and maybe Liam chooses not to use his power on you. Rememeber that at 9.01 when you are trying to blame me for getting myself lynched.

I’m at peace with the work I have tried to do for the village today. I Wonder how many villagers can say the same.

I am Lacey but expendable.

My conscience is clear. I’ve done all I can. Good luck village

Katie, will you try and vote as close to 9 as you can please

I was panicking and trying to chase people out of my house because i thoguht i'd be coming back to carnage

This is mental. About 5 posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Right, so it's really a 1 in 4 that I pick a villager here. Knowing how I've judged the game so far I'll probably be wrong again and all of my lynch votes will have been on the one villager. Gertie I'm sorry if I'm wrong. However, I hope to goodness that you are not the SK because if you are the village is in the soup. Wolf or villager please that's our only hope, ideally wolf.

• Advertisement

Right, so it's really a 1 in 4 that I pick a villager here. Knowing how I've judged the game so far I'll probably be wrong again and all of my lynch votes will have been on the one villager. Gertie I'm sorry if I'm wrong. However, I hope to goodness that you are not the SK because if you are the village is in the soup. Wolf or villager please that's our only hope, ideally wolf.

we need Gertie to be SK if she's lynched in order to cut down the kill rate tomorrow morning, but no one is listening

Advertisement