Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Its werewolf, Katie. I'd expect everyone thinks everyone is bad at some point.

Yes at some point, she thought you were bad 3 days in a row and you're not bothered??

If this is directed at me voting for Gertie I've already told you yes it was a planned vote.

Oh I meant planned as in planned in a backroom between the 2 of ye.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Yes at some point, she thought you were bad 3 days in a row and you're not bothered??

I'm not bad though. I didn't have a massive need to pick apart who was voting for me. I didn't need to plot and plan revenge. In retrospect, with how Wini is explaining it, I think it was an interesting move (provided shes not bad and just having a weird vote). But no, it didn't register, so I'm not bothered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

As it happens that admission of not noticing it is somewhat worrying. I'd have noticed if someone voted for me three times in a row. I'd probably have challenged them about it each time. Now why would someone ignore it?

- to try not draw attention to it, it is only one person after all?
    - to try seem cool about the whole thing?

As it happens that admission of not noticing it is somewhat worrying. I'd have noticed if someone voted for me three times in a row. I'd probably have challenged them about it each time. Now why would someone ignore it?

- to try not draw attention to it, it is only one person after all?
    - to try seem cool about the whole thing?

- genuinely didn't notice.

• Advertisement

Derry for whenever you're back.

Why did Jake become a potential SK and Clodagh a potential wolf 6 minutes after your first post?

Derry WW wrote: »
    This is where I am at right now:

Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh
    Winni

Good list
    Katie - NRV
    Derry

I have made myself a very easy target for a wolf to hide behind, havent I Gertie ?

I searched for the post where Dessie had me on his FFA and was sure winnie was setting me up for a fall. I started to think Winnie was good but then I thought Wolves want me dead, SK wants me alive. .

7 Alive - 4-2-1
    I am good and I die i tonights lynch = 3-2-1
    Morning munch leaves 2-2-1 - If SK kills a villager then its 2 wolves, SK and a villager remaining. SK doesn't want me dead unless I am a wolf and they know I am not the SK . . Ha this is hilarious . .

If one goody votes for me, the two wolves can block vote me out unless the rest vote for the same alternative target. .

So the village and SK either trusts me and picks another target or they effectively hand the win to the wolves . .

Katie, my reaction is my fault, so I am in this mess because I lost the head. Whatever happens, my death is my own head . .
    Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake/Clodagh

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh/Jake
    Winni

Again, I think Gertie wants me gone cause wolves want me dead but SK wants me alive . SK wants next kill to be a wolf and I dont think they think I am a wolf. . They know I am not SK so they know my reaction to a power that only effects the SK does not make sense for a wolf . .

- genuinely didn't notice.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I can see ye struck up a good friendship in the backrooms together, it's sweet. :)

I can see ye struck up a good friendship in the backrooms together, it's sweet. :)

I don't blame you for the Liam business. I think it was a bold play that didn't quite payoff, unless Derry is the SK in which case it probably did pay off, assuming we get him and win the game.

However, if you continue down the myself and Gertie route I'd be pretty confident that the village is going to lose and then I'd lay some of the blame at your feet. I reckon we have to be pretty much perfect to win from here and if you think myself and Gertie are a team then the village isn't perfect. Having said that I would vote for Gertie if they were in second and the person in first felt more villagery to me. Unless that happens though I'll be going for Jake.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry for whenever you're back.

Why did Jake become a potential SK and Clodagh a potential wolf 6 minutes after your first post?

From my viewpoint the SK doesn’t really want me dead. They know I’m not the SK and they know I am most likely a villager. Why? Because a wolf doesn’t go nuts about a hidden roled villager that only effects the SK. So SK knows I’m good, ok?

So I why would they want to keep me alive? Am I not an easy kill? Well they can just say nothing (Jake) and wait and see how the wind blows before making any comments. If I die tonight there are 6 left. 3 goodies, 2 wolves and an SK. The wolves have a 1-3 chance of killing SK in the morning (because I’m dead) and a 1-3 chance of hitting VIG (if not dead like Katie is suggesting). Even if the wolves only kill a villager, then there is 2v2v1 and they will half at worst a 50/50 shot at the SK and that’s only if the village gets a wolf at lynch to keep game going.

So SK needs us to get a wolf as much as the village needs the next kill to be a baddy.

Clodagh and Gertie were quick to jump on me earlier, hence the reason I think they are possibly more likely wolves. They could of course be villagers who got caught up in the excitement but this is my reasoning and thoughts.

Wolves are facing down a win. I know that me dieing at lynch makes it 3v2v1 with potentially 2 more village kills before the next lynch. But I just think the village stands a better chance of going into lynch at 3v2v1 with an opportunity to get a baddy rather then lynching me. I don’t fancy our chances if I die at lynch.

• Advertisement

From my viewpoint the SK doesn’t really want me dead. They know I’m not the SK and they know I am most likely a villager. Why? Because a wolf doesn’t go nuts about a hidden roled villager that only effects the SK. So SK knows I’m good, ok?

So I why would they want to keep me alive? Am I not an easy kill? Well they can just say nothing (Jake) and wait and see how the wind blows before making any comments. If I die tonight there are 6 left. 3 goodies, 2 wolves and an SK. The wolves have a 1-3 chance of killing SK in the morning (because I’m dead) and a 1-3 chance of hitting VIG (if not dead like Katie is suggesting). Even if the wolves only kill a villager, then there is 2v2v1 and they will half at worst a 50/50 shot at the SK and that’s only if the village gets a wolf at lynch to keep game going.

So SK needs us to get a wolf as much as the village needs the next kill to be a baddy.

Clodagh and Gertie were quick to jump on me earlier, hence the reason I think they are possibly more likely wolves. They could of course be villagers who got caught up in the excitement but this is my reasoning and thoughts.

Wolves are facing down a win. I know that me dieing at lynch makes it 3v2v1 with potentially 2 more village kills before the next lynch. But I just think the village stands a better chance of going into lynch at 3v2v1 with an opportunity to get a baddy rather then lynching me. I don’t fancy our chances if I die at lynch.

That didn't really answer my question as to why you changed their positioning six minutes after you posted the first time, but you did explain your thoughts on other things which is appreciated.

Can you explain though why shooting you and then lynching someone else is preferable to lynching you and then shooting someone else shortly after? Assuming you're good what is the difference between those two things? In both you and one other die.

However, if you continue down the myself and Gertie route I'd be pretty confident that the village is going to lose and then I'd lay some of the blame at your feet. I reckon we have to be pretty much perfect to win from here and if you think myself and Gertie are a team then the village isn't perfect. Having said that I would vote for Gertie if they were in second and the person in first felt more villagery to me. Unless that happens though I'll be going for Jake.

LOL, in one breath you're defending Gertie then in the same sentence you are willing to throw then under the bus. You're scrambling here.

So tell me then who are your 2 wolves and sk then?

You really think the game would have a Charlatan vig and a Vig who conveniently hasn't shot anyone?

I’m not completely discounting what you are saying here but even just looking at the fallen hero’s this morning, they were all announced exactly as their roles on the OP. Jailkeeper, One punch Oracle...

The word Charlatan is not in the OP and word literally means a person falsely claiming to have skills that they don’t have. That’s a pretty mean bit of flavor if that’s all it is.

On the flip side it would explain no bullets and there does not appear to be any other fake roles which sort of makes a fake role less plausible. I’m not sure to be honest. Still haven’t seen anybody discuss whether a VIG should use a bullet or discuss the merits of my plan. Just see people shooting it down.

Can you explain though why shooting you and then lynching someone else is preferable to lynching you and then shooting someone else shortly after? Assuming you're good what is the difference between those two things? In both you and one other die.

That's a fair question, TBF.

LOL, in one breath you're defending Gertie then in the same sentence you are willing to throw then under the bus. You're scrambling here.

So tell me then who are your 2 wolves and sk then?

Can you please show where I have actually defended Gertie? I said if you think we're a wolf team then you are wrong, because you would be wrong. I have consistently said Gertie is near the top of my list of suspects. But that I probably won't be voting for her this time.

That didn't really answer my question as to why you changed their positioning six minutes after you posted the first time, but you did explain your thoughts on other things which is appreciated.

Me being lynched tells the village nothing about those who voted for me as everyone bails onto me.

Me being killed well in advance of lynch allows conversation and mistakes to happen and ultimately something can be learned from votes.

Me being lynched tells the village nothing about those who voted for me as everyone bails onto me.

Me being killed well in advance of lynch allows conversation and mistakes to happen and ultimately something can be learned from votes.

Do you actually think that everyone would vote for you? I've already said I'm likely voting for Jake for example.

Do you actually think that everyone would vote for you? I've already said I'm likely voting for Jake for example.

2 or 3 votes might be enough to lynch me, particularly if votes are spread. A wolf may or may not jump on me last minute that will override even a tied vote.

I dont want to die on a lynch, I think thats the worst way I can die for the village. I want my death to mean something and for the village to at least be able to get a shot at a baddy before tomorrow night.

Again, me dieing makes it 3v2v1, I am not sure Village will be able to recover from that. I think we need to kill a baddy today and if its one for one (me and baddy) I think its better then going into tomorrow as the village just being down one. .

And I'm most likely voting for one of Werty (Winny and Gerty) unless something changes.

I'm not voting Jake.
    Voting Derry

• Advertisement

Derry is getting my vote tonight. Was so spooked when I revealed and was desperate to see me gone.

Two down Winnie. . And interestingly Gertie had thanked above post, Gertie has also been flip flopping lot. . I think thats at least one wolf .

And I'm most likely voting for one of Werty (Winny and Gerty) unless something changes.

Woops, sorry Katie, missed this post . . So far its just Gertie on me for the moment . . Ok . .

How about we play a game and say what 2 we would shoot if we had a bullet ?

I am really trying to give our potential (but possibly dead) Vig something to think about . .

I will go first , Jake and Gertie would be looking down a barrell...

Winni, for me, is most likely not a wolf and is more SK/Village lean. I have more of a village lean. The reason is because around my meltdown she was trying to do some investigating while the likes of Clodagh and Gertie were getting the boot in (at least it felt like it). I was an easier target for the baddies this morning and Winni at the very least, didnt jump on that opportunity.

So thats why me, Katie and Winni are who I am leaning kind of good.

What do you not like about Winni ? I have given a self vested reason for feeling good about Winni, but she could of course be a cool as cucumber wolf or SK trying to sort of remain neutral on me . .

How about we play a game and say what 2 we would shoot if we had a bullet ?

I am really trying to give our potential (but possibly dead) Vig something to think about . .

I will go first , Jake and Gertie would be looking down a barrell...

Winni, for me, is most likely not a wolf and is more SK/Village lean. I have more of a village lean. The reason is because around my meltdown she was trying to do some investigating while the likes of Clodagh and Gertie were getting the boot in (at least it felt like it). I was an easier target for the baddies this morning and Winni at the very least, didnt jump on that opportunity.

So thats why me, Katie and Winni are who I am leaning kind of good.

There is no vig, can you explain why the vig hasn't shot anyone?

Why did you pick Jake? Gertie or Clodagh I could understand, but why Jake?

What do you not like about Winni ? I have given a self vested reason for feeling good about Winni, but she could of course be a cool as cucumber wolf or SK trying to sort of remain neutral on me . .

The fake seer ruse and the constant voting on Gerty which Gerty conveniently didn't notice, is a bit strange, no?

There is no vig, can you explain why the vig hasn't shot anyone?

Why did you pick Jake? Gertie or Clodagh I could understand, but why Jake?

Cause Jake has been flying under the radar all game, doesnt even respond to accusations with any meaningful defence. The more a wolf/baddy talks the more likely they are to trip themselves up.

Gertie and Clodagh would be my wolf pick and Jake my SK for the moment. More of a gut feel TBH. I am still reeling a bit from this morning to be honest.

The fake seer ruse and the constant voting on Gerty which Gerty conveniently didn't notice, is a bit strange, no?

Fake Seer ruse ? Was that when they said Dessie was maybe hinting at peeks on thread or trying to sort of clear people looking through his posts ?

Voting on somebody everyday is odd , I have done it myself to be fair and gotten dogs abuse for it. Question is , did Winnie back this up on thread with a strong defence or attack on Gertie? And then of course, did Gertie respond or ask Winni what was up ?

Would a wolf vote for another wolf the whole game ? Mmmm. Maybe but its kind of a risky move as it does stick out. . I think Gerties lack of response is probably more damning against her to be honest. It would also explain why Winni is still alive (whether good or bad) because wolves wouldnt kill a person whose votes every night would lead to them.

So Gertie would be my top choice of those two anyways. I dont discount what you are saying about Winni though. . Since Jake is more a hunch and Gertie feels like it has more substance, I might change my vote to Gertie.

God, I really have to get some work done. Gonna try and get an hour or two done before dinner....

• Advertisement

Also, I think its in the interest of the village that we all announce well in advance of lynch who we are voting for. It prevents questionable wagons and baddies from jumping on a wagon without any decent explanation.

Theoretically all three baddies could just jump on me and have me gone if they thought I was more trouble alive.

Advertisement