Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

bocaman wrote: »
    Anyone see The Queens Gambit. Does it live up to the hype?

Its on the list for the new year. My mate described it to me as a cross between rocky and chess.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Would anyone like to give 3 recommendations of both films and series to watch over the festive season.
    (Just too lazy to read back)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

BullBauld wrote: »
    Would anyone like to give 3 recommendations of both films and series to watch over the festive season.
    Thanks

I watched the imitation game the other nice for the first time, having avoided it because it sounded and looked a bit boring. It's actually a great film IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

definitely well worth a watch, and one of the best series out this year

I must be the odd one out. I found it incredibly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

BullBauld wrote: »
    Thanks

I'll second a previous recommendation of Home For Christmas, a Norwegian series, very enjoyable.
    Klaus is a really nice Christmas film too if you haven't already seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone watching Country ever after? Would recommend for people who like reality shows.

Not much happening in it but it’s easy watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Midnight Sky (the big netflix christmas movie, starring and directed by George Clooney )
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-midnight-sky
    In the aftermath of a global catastrophe, a lone scientist in the Arctic races to contact a crew of astronauts with a warning not to return to Earth.
    Watched this, it's an okay sci-fi movie. Keeps switching between George who is the last man on earth and a space crew (who I found hard to care about). George scenes were good, everything else predicable and contrived. Sweet Caroline scene was serious cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

nothing of note added today

tomorrow Christmas day
    Bridgerton: Season 1 – 25th December
    https://www.metacritic.com/tv/bridgerton/season-1
    The eight close-knit siblings of the Bridgerton family look for love and happiness in London high society. Inspired by Julia Quinn’s bestselling novels.

Grandma’s Last Wishes – 25th December
    When Grandma decides it’s time to put her affairs in order, the family clashes over who’ll inherit her house.

Cobrai kai season 3 has been brought forward to jan 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How **** is the midnight sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Bowlardo wrote: »
    How **** is the midnight sky?
    just finished, trailer seems ok, but movie is dead beat no explanation, some random life story and no sense action crap, with dead end f all to take away just to realize waisted an hour+ on it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

scamalert wrote: »
    just to realize waisted an hour+ on it :cool:

Couldn't stomach it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

scamalert wrote: »
    just finished, trailer seems ok, but movie is dead beat no explanation, some random life story and no sense action crap, with dead end f all to take away just to realize waisted an hour+ on it :cool:

had a feeling in my movie bones that was going to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Staying up late tonight and wanted something light and christmassy so tried Operation Christmas Drop. Lasted about 45 minutes -it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Klaus or Christmas Chronicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

The Midnight Sky is a fantastic movie. I think some viewers may believe there was meant to be a twist, but I believe it was never meant to be a twist. Just an insight into the mind of someone tormented by loneliness and inner demons.

Currently watching Queen Mary Queen of Scots. It's very good. But not as good as it could be as it has sacrificed historical accuracy for some political correctness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Klaus or Christmas Chronicles

A bit late but Klaus by a country mile

Bridgerton Season 1
    The eight close-knit siblings of the Bridgerton family look for love and happiness in London high society. Inspired by Julia Quinn's bestselling novels.

A Dog's Way Home
    A devoted, homesick dog goes on a treacherous journey across the American heartland to be reunited with her owner.

We Can Be Heroes
    When alien invaders capture Earth's superheroes, their kids must learn to work together to save their parents -- and the planet.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Bridgerton Season 1
    The eight close-knit siblings of the Bridgerton family look for love and happiness in London high society. Inspired by Julia Quinn's bestselling novels.

A Dog's Way Home
    A devoted, homesick dog goes on a treacherous journey across the American heartland to be reunited with her owner.

We Can Be Heroes
    When alien invaders capture Earth's superheroes, their kids must learn to work together to save their parents -- and the planet.

Added

Happy Christmas Pete and thanks for all the tips throughout the last year

Happy Christmas Pete. Thanks for the work throughout the year. And Happy Christmas everyone else.

Looked up that We Can Be Heroes. It's by Robert Rodriguez and is a sequel to Shark boy and Lava Girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Bridgerton Season 1

Saw the title of a review of this "not as bad as Covid" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A Dog's Way Home

Added

Saw that and thought how many more of these story lines must we be subjected to.

If you want lost dog going home. Think Lassie as the best of them. It was downhill ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Saw that and thought how many more of these story lines must we be subjected to.

If you want lost dog going home. Think Lassie as the best of them. It was downhill ever since

No it’s not, have u not seen homeward bound? Some people like these dog stories, to be honest I don’t think they make enough of these dog films.

i was always more of a skippy fan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Those type of films hit you straight in the feels

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Cats need more rep, to be honest. A cat getting lost and emotionally manipulating it's way into several new families before ****ting all over their flower beds and pissing off home is the animal content I want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Caranica wrote: »
    Saw the title of a review of this "not as bad as Covid" :D

Yeah same................

i was always more of a skippy fan

That's not how you spell The Littlest Hobo. :)
    Great theme song.

Homeward Bound is enjoyable. Even though it has a cat. :pac:
    The Lassie films get me every time.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's not how you spell The Littlest Hobo. :)
    Great theme song.

Homeward Bound is enjoyable. Even though it has a cat. :pac:
    The Lassie films get me every time.

the poor kids who the littlest hobo abandoned , skippy was not a harlot :)

• Advertisement

the poor kids who the littlest hobo abandoned , skippy was not a harlot :)

Advertisement