Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leader of country caught up in blackface controversy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That's pretty sad tbh.

How are these people going to survive in the real world without their safe space?

Google or Facebook will hire them and all their “trigger warnings” will be catered for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Apart from the very, very, very, dark-brown face he does seem to suggest he would like to be 'grabbing them by the...' boobies with that creeping hand. And looks to be standing far too close to that young lady:
    WMqmcnZ.png

Ah well nevermind, wonder if he is wearing some funky mismatching socks that day.
    We should really just judge people by their sock fashion soundbites, not their face, hands and stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    They are like five year olds. Disgraceful behavior by adults.

Exactly what I was thinking. That behaviour is on a level with my 7 year old child. What happened to those people that they think it's acceptable to go on like that? It's not just cringy but scary that these people are the future! How will they cope when they enter the real world I wonder.
    The man wasn't even being racist. God help them if they ever have a real problem. Privlage indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I love the US liberal media’s spin on this nonsense. They wouldn’t dare call it ‘blackface’ regarding one of their darlings, so went with ‘brownface' in their reporting. Now, as the story is getting traction, it's become ‘face-darkening makeup.’ What next… ‘overly tanned face?’

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

The man wasn't even being racist. God help them if they ever have a real problem. Privlage indeed.
    My youngest is attending a very liberal college in Washington, DC, know for policy, politics and law. The school is the most politically actively university in the nation... on and off campus. This is exactly how the woke college darlings act. It takes all I have not to laugh out loud hearing what comes out of the students mouths.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I hear your a rascist now Justin...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    Says the user that very often posts "grr the fascist leftists" horse****.

Difference is, Overheal, I'm not on here complaining about those threads, suggesting I don't part in them, that user is.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Do we really wanna start this today? I don't. But I'll finish it!)

Looks like a pot calling the kettle black, Pete Pete.

/Cringe

Crickey, just seeing that a few months ago there was a 'blackface' controversy over some shoes!

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/fashion/katy-perry-pulls-shoes-in-latest-blackface-fashion-controversy-1.3791102

image.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Blackface is not racist anymore, unless trump does it, then it will be racist again.

A cultural phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

BDI wrote: »
    Blackface is not racist anymore, unless trump does it, then it will be racist again.

A cultural phenomenon.
    It was never racist. Just a handy tool for certain idiots to wave around against those they disagreed with or were jealous of.

Those same idiots appear to have internet trouble when its one of their own.

• Advertisement

I predict next this will become a "teachable moment," requiring mandatory sensitivity training for all Canadians. And in the end it somehow all ends up being Trump’s fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

It was never racist. Just a handy tool for certain idiots to wave around against those they disagreed with or were jealous of.

If Gerry Adams went on the late late show tomorrow night in black face itd be racist as feck.

Only certain men of a certain level of infamy can reverse the racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

peddlelies wrote: »
    Reminds me of this.

At Yale, in 2015, they (Professor and Wife) were involved in a controversy related to the regulation of Halloween costumes. On October 29, 2015, Christakis' wife Erika Christakis, a Lecturer on Early Childhood Education at the Yale Child Study Center, wrote an e-mail to Yale undergraduates on the role of free expression in universities; she argued, from a developmental perspective, that students might wish to consider whether administrators should provide guidance on Halloween attire or whether students might wish to be allowed to "dress themselves."

This e-mail was in response to a long earlier e-mail sent to undergraduates by a group of 14 administrators at Yale which suggested students be careful when choosing Halloween costumes, and which provided links to recommended and non-recommended costumes.The e-mail played a role in protests on campus that received national attention in the United States.

Brainwashed idiots. Did they miss there squish toy/play-doh class that day I wonder.

Seriously he should have just told those idiots to get a life, nobody should have to deal with that level of stupidity.

Anyone that uses the phrase 'safe space' should just lock themselves in a room and never come out again.

If Gerry Adams went on the late late show tomorrow night in black face itd be racist as feck.

Only certain men of a certain level of infamy can reverse the racism.

That's got me a wondering. Is a balaclava racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Brilliant.

I must admit, this whole thing is making me feel warm and fuzzy. The ridiculousness of the whole thing is hilarious.

Trudeau is a cnut.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I predict next this will become a "teachable moment," ...

https://twitter.com/MitzieHunter/status/1174677463026343936

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I love the US liberal media’s spin on this nonsense. They wouldn’t dare call it ‘blackface’ regarding one of their darlings, so went with ‘brownface' in their reporting. Now, as the story is getting traction, it's become ‘face-darkening makeup.’ What next… ‘overly tanned face?’

Being tanned is cultural appropriation now

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/ariana-grande-slammed-for-unrecognisable-vogue-cover-when-did-she-become-black/ar-AAE7j3u

That's got me a wondering. Is a balaclava racist?

Ah, now you're just being silly......... oh wait.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/feb/07/gucci-withdraws-jumper-blackface-balaclava
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A male feminist is just a man who agrees with equal treatment between the sexes.

Not the current wave of feminists...they feel women should get better treatment than men like getting paid the same as men despite doing a different job in some cases

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Not the current wave of feminists...they feel women should get better treatment than men like getting paid the same as men despite doing a different job in some cases
    The newest version... Ms. Monopoly was created for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A cultural phenomenon.

Anyone who does is is a jackass and either racist or an idiot for not knowing.
    Sorry the thread hasn't been going as planned, even the arse himself admits it was stupid.

Ridiculous. Sure there's a hole in it.

I know this kinda stuff has got worse, but it's not entirely knew as I remember in the late 90's or early 00's at school one day someone started joking about how Pool was racist cause the white ball dominates all the colours and when we asked them were they serious, they said 'Nah' that they had seen it or heard it or something, can't remember exactly, maybe it was film.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Difference is, Overheal, I'm not on here complaining about those threads, suggesting I don't part in them, that user is.

'that user' didn't drag up other threads, you did. You are, in fact, complaining about those threads, which you take part in, bemoaning fascist leftist libruls

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She didn't mention the boob grabbing incident with the reporter at all there, I wonder was that another teachable moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

“He’s not left, I never liked him, he’s not our poster boy”

Lol... deny deny.

He's a liberal, not a left-winger.

You mean the news?
    Ah pal... It's 'brown face' because people from the region are referred to as brown skinned, not black.

You mean the news?
    Ah pal... It's 'brown face' because people from the region are referred to as brown skinned, not black.

Canadians are brown?

/Cringe

Liar Pete. I never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Canadians are brown?

The brown ones are!

Advertisement