Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shoots dead neighbour in Co. Mayo

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The Gardai can be cute enough when they want. I know of an altercation between 2 individuals in a rural area. Nothing more than a shouting match. One a permanent resident the other in a short term letting and who was known to the Gardai. The incident was reported and they came out and spoke to both individuals.
    Later that day they returned to the permanent resident after discovering he had a licenced shotgun for hunting with the local gun club. They asked for the shotgun and told yer man he'd only get it back if there was no more trouble and only when the other lad had left the area. The gun was returned when the Gardai were satisfied that the troublemaker was gone from the area.

haha! Cute hoerism, delegation, laziness with a bit of genius in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

AulWan wrote: »
    I wonder if whomever issues licences inform the local Garda stations when someone's licence is revoked.

Who do you think issues the licences?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Witcher wrote: »
    Who do you think issues the licences?:rolleyes:

My apologies that I am not 100% au fait with the issuing of gun licences. But then again, I have no need for such a licence.

I knew applications were signed in the local Garda Station but would have assumed there was a central authority where these applications were forwarded to be processed... much like passport and driving licence applications, which are also signed in Garda stations. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭normanoffside

BattleCorp wrote: »
    a. If you didn't like them and wanted them dead enough to do it.
    b. Did it in self-defence.
    c. Accidental discharge.
    d. Loss of all logic and reason.

I'm guessing the auld guy is somewhere in between b, c and d. But that's a guess because I wasn't there.

But if he was already dead surely a) and b) don’t apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Farming has moved with technology. It always had and it alway will. The modern tractor along with the phone are necessary for farmers and the phone for people running business.

With all due respect, your anecdotes are fascinating and your imagined low dependency on phones, people, cars, help etc are admirable this is a thread about a man that lost his life because of another mans paranoia.

I can read your blog if I'm interested!!

Peace please! You have the tech resources for the life you lead. I have no need to have them. We each make choices.. So I live as simply as I need and can. Vive la difference.. NB I am nearly as old as the farmer who did the shooting... He will live as simply as I do; concerned re him, and he was hardly paranoid. Given some of the examples on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Graces7 wrote: »
    Peace please! You have the tech resources for the life you lead. I have no need to have them. We each make choices.. So I live as simply as I need and can. Vive la difference.. NB I am nearly as old as the farmer who did the shooting... He will live as simply as I do; concerned re him, and he was hardly paranoid. Given some of the examples on this thread.

Don't think that for a minute, those ferries that carry yourself and all you consume on a daily basis are not massively reliant on tech, fuel, subsidies and are powered with super modern diesel guzzling engines. The Air ambulance you claim to rely on? You won't find more tech in any other machine or ambulance that services regular people in Ireland.
    I know you like to tell yourself you live a simple life, but that simple life is serviced by a lot of tech! Trust me, even your post costs more and goes through more tech processes than anyone else in Ireland. ;)

Vive la difference.

Advertisement