Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Joe be Gone Til November like Wyclef Jean? Liveline: 17/09/2019 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,871 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    And 20 posts from the 10,000 post cut off point.

Any suggestions for a new name, folks??

"And I would take 500 grand, and I would take 500 more..."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Is Joe wearing his beautiful velour waiscoat ??

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

DeathLine and that so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Looks like the fat cats in RTE will be taking a pay cut , so to speak . Boycott the Licence Fee !!

I remember when the Alive magazine priest was on the show, he questioned Duffy as to why they never had a frank and open discussion of RTE (given that they were devoting a full show to his own small magazine) and Duffy comes back with "We were only talking about RTE the other week, were you not listening.... you want to check your facts" - This was so disingenuous. The discussion they did have was about a program that they had put out. They have never had a proper discussion of RTE, the orchestras, the waste of money, the outrageous wages of the top presenters.

The elite presenters in RTE think they are the Irish version of the Royal Family, we just have to pay a fortune to keep them well kept and nobody gets to ask any questions. Well that is about to end, the cuts are coming at last.

Duffy must be furious it wasn’t a showbiz funeral where he could have taken the mic.

• Advertisement

Or tribute the title to Gay maybe?

Will Joe take the hump over the pay cut and seek his fortune in the private sector ?? That'd be good !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,613 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'm switching off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Or tribute the title to Gay maybe?

With "To whom it concerns" integrated .

Christ not the bullying again.

Damo, don't do us like this.

• Advertisement

Here's to 2040 Allah who Hackballs !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

At the risk of derailing the thread, what do you switch to when Lahvlahn content makes you switch off?

(Genuine question...)

I like Damien O'reilly but I really don't think this is a topic that suits him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I wonder does this count as bullying
    Mr Cahill also describes how another presenter, Joe Duffy, "really hardly spoke" to him for years after Des was considered the natural replacement for Gay Byrne's radio show.

Or his treatment of the caller who have a different opinion.

Duffy is some man to be chairing a discussion on bullying.

What happened to the tall ghey chap ?? It was the teachers did most of the bullying in our school .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,610 ✭✭✭shearforce

At the risk of derailing the thread, what do you switch to when Lahvlahn content makes you switch off?

(Genuine question...)

I'll let you know in about 5mins I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Will Joe take the hump over the pay cut and seek his fortune in the private sector ?? That'd be good !!

He’d be in for one hell of a rude awakening .

Just spotted Gay’s niece, Al’s daughter Hilary, who used to be in an older class in my school. Lived right across the road from school, very handy.

Damo Exclusive - Kids are little Bollixes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Christ not the bullying again.

Damo, don't do us like this.
    It seems to have become the feature of the show that they drag the ar$e out of a topic until everyone is fed up to the eyeballs hearing about it. Who can forget the Great Versatis Saga?
    There must be other stuff going on in the country that people might want to have their say about.

• Advertisement

‘ high jinks ‘ what age are you damo ... 85 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

(Genuine question...)

The "Very much delayed" lunchtime news in on TV after the break.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It seems to have become the feature of the show that they drag the ar$e out of a topic until everyone is fed up to the eyeballs hearing about it. Who can forget the Great Versatis Saga?
    There must be other stuff going on in the country that people might want to have their say about.

There's a lot going on alright , but I dont see Damo or Jowl opening up the Free Speech debate .

Could one imagine Joe Duffy standing in for the prepared, cultured and very knowledgeable John Bowman, giving commentary on these solemn occasions?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

(Genuine question...)

True Crime or Rugby podcasts

I'm out folks , see yis all in de new tread an' dat !!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

. Who can forget the Great Versatis Saga?

Or the Artane School (work house) thingy, jesus it went on for weeks.

Nice stereotypes there ... “ how very dare you “

Post suggestions for new thread peeps and we'll pick one and set it up

• Advertisement

Like RTE salaries? Or the water boil notice? Or the refugees found in the UK?

No, no news in the world today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement