Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are British people better at doing than Irish people?

Options
  • 13-09-2019 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

British people will happily protest and confront politicians and tell them off. Everywhere Boris goes he gets an ear full. Just wouldn't happen in Ireland, and it certainly wouldn't be reported by Irish media people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

From my experiences in England people in general are more direct and fortcoming. They speak to you if they've an issue, they don't bitch behind your back and be as sweet as pie to your face like the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Colonising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Colonising.

Amazed it took three replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Confidence and self esteem.

Also an unwavering sense of bull****tery and superiority in the workplace. A lot of the time unwarranted aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Bombing Civilians? Don't get me wrong some Irish gave it a good go but the Brits really know how to do a good bombing.

• Advertisement

Amazed it took three replies!

Surprised me too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Making genuinely good television.
    Especially comedies.

Strange thing is Irish people can do it 'over there' - or working in conjunction with 'over there' but the strictly home grown stuff is usually dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Cooking. Look at all the celebrity chefs they have.

They speak to you if they've an issue, they don't bitch behind your back and be as sweet as pie to your face like the Irish.

That was a top-notch post Deft. Really great!

They're better at convincing themselves of their own importance, to the point of arrogance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Better at being "at it"!

http://arethebritsatitagain.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Moaning, they're world champs at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

better at looking after cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Best at ducking up EU membership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Having violence at sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Having industrial revolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

British people will happily protest and confront politicians and tell them off. Everywhere Boris goes he gets an ear full. Just wouldn't happen in Ireland, and it certainly wouldn't be reported by Irish media people

Seriously, anyone remember water charges.........!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Queuing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I was going to post cricket but sure Ireland beat them at that recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

'aving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Construction and Engineering, we are not in the same league or in the same game in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Nothing really.

You take 1,000 Irish people and 1,000 british people and I bet you find similar numbers of genius's, dossers, hard workers, comedians, psychopaths, optimists, pessimists, pragmatists etc in each group.

Now, collectively, their national psyche is both very self-confident and lacking in introspective analysis to assess their true place in the world in a way that is different to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Understanding how democracy works!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Better at being brash and forward.

We Irish are far more reserved than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Comedy.

Even though most of the truly brilliant comedy appears to be as a result of having the genius that is Armando Iannucci involved in it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

boege wrote: »
    Seriously, anyone remember water charges.........!

Those were "polite, peaceful" protests!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

From my experiences in England people in general are more direct and fortcoming. They speak to you if they've an issue, they don't bitch behind your back and be as sweet as pie to your face like the Irish.

My experience of English people is they are even worse than Irish people when it comes to acting nice to people they don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Racism. I hope no racists are offended by this, but there's something very inauthentic about Irish racists. The Brits (mainly the English) have it nailed though. Proper ugly racism, not the half-arsed pale imitation that you see here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

None of the above applies to Scottish people. They are better at sectarianism.

Advertisement