Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I’m going to look for a refund until we know better closer to the new date

Let us know how you get on. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I've a funny feeling they won't do anything until a new date is announced- i got a bit of a "bot" reply when i submitted a query and asked for a refund- according to their original T&C's, when a rescheduled date is announced, you apparently have a small window of opportunity to demand a refund - if you miss this opportunity you're assumed to accept the new date- so keep an eye out for notifications on email/text etc to ensure that if you do want a refund that you exercise your right.

While I don't think i'll be going to the small claims court, they're certainly not entertaining requests for refunds right now where a new date hasn't yet been announced- let's see what happens when a new Ireland date is published.

While I'd like to see this gig, there's every chance it will be cancelled/postponed again in 2021 so i'd prefer to get my money back now and decide again closer to the concert date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'm hoping if there's a reschedule it'll be the same venue otherwise it would cause seating problems (if the replacement venue was an all seater) ...

I sent a cross message to the Nick Mason facebook page, my second time messaging now, hoping for a response soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I sent a cross message to the Nick Mason facebook page, my second time messaging now, hoping for a response soon.

Thanks for this. I don't do FB ( find it too intrusive ) but sure would appreciate any feedback You get, if You don't mind.

And as a thank You gift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHoFGGfqt4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

Pink floyd are putting full concerts on YouTube for us for lockdown. This week was pulse. Restored and re edited .Great sound!
    Haven't seen it in years ...That discoball at the end was unreal....

kegg wrote: »
    Pink floyd are putting full concerts on YouTube for us for lockdown. This week was pulse. Restored and re edited .Great sound!
    Haven't seen it in years ...That discoball at the end was unreal....

For me, PULSE is the BEST live Gig I have ever seen. Anyone hasn't seen it, make sure You look out for One of These Days. Lighting is really spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

After Roger left they became a total wet blanket for me. Can't think of a major act whos quality dipped (novedived) as much from The Final Cut (which is only ok) to those two toilet albums.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Nal wrote: »
    After Roger left they became a total wet blanket for me. Can't think of a major act whos quality dipped (novedived) as much from The Final Cut (which is only ok) to those two toilet albums.

there are some very good moments on the division bell... and also on endless river... but i do agree, the quality versus what went before wasnt good.

less said about AMLOR the better, though i hear the new remix is supposed to be much better aurally.

none of the post waters stuff, either as PF or from solo stuff, ca#omes close to rogers amused to death, now thats an album worth to be spoken about in the same relems as some of the later floyd releases.

For me, PULSE is the BEST live Gig I have ever seen. Anyone hasn't seen it, make sure You look out for One of These Days. Lighting is really spectacular.

I still prefer the unofficial bootleg videos of the Earls Court shows from 1980 of the Wall Tour its hard to beat the Pink Floyd four sound and the original Gerard Scarfe animation, the darker Floyd sound was better. I like Pulse too but I hate how Money was reggafied, the sound is far too slick or something, I feel they missed a trick the record company by not including the Welcome to the Machine track which I think Gilmour's Floyd done the best out of all their old stuff.

• Advertisement

Totally agree .... with the only exception being the song High Hopes from The Division Bell which features one of Gilmours most emotive solo's. It's superb.

Compare Gilmour's "On an Island" or "Rattle That Lock" to Waters "Amused to Death" or "Is This The Life We Really Want ?" and you can clearly see who maintains the Floyd sound.

Full refund in progress ;)

The second time Pink Floyd failed to make Ireland- I had to get a refund for their 1988 or 1989 gig from HMV (remember them?) Grafton st.

Ah well, in process of getting refund- hopefully if he appears later this year there will be (a) tickets and (b) it will go ahead. In the meantime, I couldn't afford to leave my money with ticketmaster for the next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How are ye getting refunds? Haven't had any contact from Ticket master

Synode wrote: »
    How are ye getting refunds? Haven't had any contact from Ticket master

See my above post- refund is winging its way back to my account- last time I looked this is still a rescheduled status gig not a cancelled gig- but I didn’t want to attend a rescheduled one so I set up a ticket on the TM website entered my details etc and eventually they confirmed that refund is in progress - should be back in my CC early next week

PS- refunds for rescheduled gigs takes proactivity- you won’t get one automatically

I won't be back up in Galway till a week or 2 and I have a hard copy ticket up there, I should be able to go back to Zhivago the ticketmaster outlet in Galway and get a refund there hopefully, what do ya's think.

I won't be back up in Galway till a week or 2 and I have a hard copy ticket up there, I should be able to go back to Zhivago the ticketmaster outlet in Galway and get a refund there hopefully, what do ya's think.

Do Zhivago have an email or contact number? Keep your tickets safe- gig is cancelled in that it didn’t go ahead so I don’t see an issue here so you should get your money back eventually

Do Zhivago have an email or contact number? Keep your tickets safe- gig is cancelled in that it didn’t go ahead so I don’t see an issue here so you should get your money back eventually

On second thoughts, phone ticket master if they issued the ticket- tell them the gig is cancelled and you want a refund- ignore any response around rescheduling - demand your right to a refund- but just check their website also- as you don’t appear to have an online account it may be more difficult for you- and if you paid cash, even more difficult again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yes. E-mails sent to all online purchasers confirming outright cancellation.

The fact that it hadn't sold well and there wasn't much enthusiasm for the show here may have also been a contributing factor.

Oh, no... hang on a second...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Its been cancelled

fcuk sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

F..K YOU covid!
    F..K YOU!!

Yes. E-mails sent to all online purchasers confirming outright cancellation.

The fact that it hadn't sold well and there wasn't much enthusiasm for the show here may have also been a contributing factor.

Oh, no... hang on a second...

Really? Was it poorly supported? I'm amazed if so, sh1t, Roger sold 2 nights in a row 500mts down the road a few years ago. Would have thought this would have easily sold out.

Bolloox to cv19, Seen Roger live, seen David live, was seriously waiting for Nick live......................to complete the hat-trick.

Can't be Comfortably Numb with this news.:mad::mad::mad:

I didn’t see it publicised much- it would have needed a marketing injection (a few ads on RTÉ radio 1) to get the numbers up.
    In fairness with Covid expected to continue right now why would you reschedule an Irish gig when you’re doing all those dates in the UK - too much hassle in current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭furiousox

It was either sold out or very nearly sold out.
    Last time I checked there were no lower tier seats available, just some rear row seats in the top tier.

EDIT: Just checked my ticket, I was in row BB :(

CPL 593H

Was lucky to catch Gilmour's Floyd in 1988, but have never caught Roger Waters and the Nick Mason gig which would have been nice and intimate compared to the football stadiums and big concert halls they usually play in. At least I know that hopefully if they loosen restrictions after May 5th I can head back to Ticketmaster with my hard copy ticket and get a refund now.

Balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

He's rather optimistically rescheduled most of the rest of the tour for October - can't really see that happening!

Was lucky to catch Gilmour's Floyd in 1988, but have never caught Roger Waters and the Nick Mason gig which would have been nice and intimate compared to the football stadiums and big concert halls they usually play in. At least I know that hopefully if they loosen restrictions after May 5th I can head back to Ticketmaster with my hard copy ticket and get a refund now.

I was lucky, I saw Roger in both the Point & Landsdowne Road, both amazing Gigs. Last time I saw David was in an open air Concert in Wroclaw - also amazing.

But now, No Nick? FFS:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Really? Was it poorly supported? I'm amazed if so, sh1t, Roger sold 2 nights in a row 500mts down the road a few years ago. Would have thought this would have easily sold out.

I was joking. It was a hot ticket. My memory of the onsale date is that within a very short space of time, they only had the back of the hall left. People were snapping them up. I was in the ninth row, I think.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement