Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets Dublin Convention Centre 29 April 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭dasdog

Thanks for updating - potential gig of the year this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭furiousox

2022 North American dates postponed which leaves Dublin as the opening night of the tour, hopefully.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes got a ticket again, woo hoo, first gig this year and then Pixies at Arts Festival in Galway. :)

Edit: My sister got me this for my birthday when I checked ticketmaster I realised there was apparently only eight tickets left, I think my ticket is for the upper circle so I'm probably at the very back. I don't care though just glad to be going, if any Boardsies are meeting up I'll be wearing my Syd Barrett Opel t-shirt. Caught Gilmour's Floyd at Manchester in 1988 but have never seen Roger Waters and will probably not now seeing as he's nearly pushing 80, I don't think he'll be touring again.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What's the protocol for the Convention centre do you need to have a printout of the ticket or can you show an eticket on your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Can we get the mods to change the date at the top to Weds 13 April 2022. When I saw this had reached the top of my links, I thought it had fallen foul of COVID once again

does anyone know the capacity of the Convention Centre, btw. There are stlll seats left so my guess is quite large

Just want to ask this again is an eticket on your phone acceptable or will I have to get a printout of my ticket to gain admittance to the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sorry man, can't help you. We kept the original paper tickets from the reschedule and I've never been to an event in the Conf. Centre before. I would assume they are set up with readers to scan the barcode on your phone

• Subscribers Posts: 41,310 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Maybe we can have a Boards meet up before the gig, I'll probably be wearing my Syd Barrett Opel t-shirt to this. :)

• Advertisement

Every time I see a new post on this thread I'm afraid one of them is going to say "tour postponed to 2023"

We're so close! 😃

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭kegg

Anyone know is there a support act?

I doubt it. it could be a long set if they are including Echoes in it.

Is Dublin the opening night of Nick's tour, if it is, we'll be the first to hear Mason's interpretation of Echoes as I don't think it was played previously before the pandemic, looking forward to this now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,310 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yeah its the opening gig on the tour.

youre right about echoes. i know he did a couple of Saucerful gigs i LA back in 2019 but echoes wasnt on the set list then.

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=nick+mason

Theyre calling this Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets’ The Echoes Tour so we will be the very privileged first audience for it

Because we're the opening concert that means no newer video clips to hype us up just the old ones from previous tours.

Was looking over this thread and seen the arguments about Gilmour's Floyd and MLOR, DB and Pulse, but you can't fault the group on their Welcome to the Machine interpretation.

From the band Facebook page...... 😀

One week to go! The band will be setting off for Ireland soon, ready for the show in Dublin this time next week...and they cannot wait! Have you got your tickets yet for our UK/European dates? If so, where are you seeing the band play?

CPL 593H

Sooo looking forward to this! It's been a long wait.

Fair play to the Floyd for taking up the Ukrainian cause with this number.

I wonder would Gilmore hop over and say hello considering it’s the launch gig and the recent release of that Ukrainian related song?

• Advertisement

Setlist apparently for gig, this is what a mate sent me but I notice Echoes is missing so its the old setlist from before so probably changed now to incorporate Echoes into the list. I presume Echoes might replace the Atom Heart Mother track possibly.

Interstellar Overdrive

Astronomy Domine

Lucifer Sam

Fearless

When you're in

Remember a day

Arnold Layne

Vegetable Man

If

Atom Heart Mother

The Nile Song

Green is the colour

Childhoods End

Set the controls

See Emily play

Bike

One of these days

Saucerful of secrets

Point me at the sky.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

Its an old setlist dude and its not a TV series or a film, calm yerself.

I really hope that trucker protest doesn't hinder the band and crew from setting up for the gig?

CPL 593H

Gig now starts at 7.45. 2 sets with an interval. No support.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

My TM account is still showing 8pm start, where did you get the 7:45 info. I'm pushed for time as it is.

Also, if there's an interval I presume there's a bar??? As there's not a permanent one in the convention center.

7.45pm start for all gigs on the tour, it's on the band facebook page.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I noticed this morning on the bands Youtube page there was a message to say all the Ireland/UK gigs would start at 7.45pm, however then Ticketbastard made the point of emailing me and texting me to say there was change to the original start time and that the gig would now start at 8pm 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

2 x freebies for this if anyones interested

STALLS, ROW E, SEATS 32 & 33. 5 rows from the front in the middle. Phone tickets. Can transfer over via Ticketmaster account.

Advertisement