Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I signed up to that about a week ago. I'm not expecting to hear anything back really. Though it did let me enter all my details for Ireland, so we'll see. There was a competition too to win a Switch, that definitely won't happen, as per usual it's only for UK residents. I was going to say something(and will) if I receive the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Finding it hard to find any Switch bundles these days with the better battery.

Anyone seen anything good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

evad_lhorg wrote: »

Curry's in the UK have the improved switch and Mario Kart for £300 which is about €345. Best I could find over a month of research and ordered it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Curry's in the UK have the improved switch and Mario Kart for £300 which is about €345. Best I could find over a month of research and ordered it last week.

I thought Currys uk don't deliver to Rep Ireland?

On a separate note can someone recommend a good headphones/headset for online play?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Finding it hard to find

You won't because any bundles are being used to shift the old units. Certainly got me! :pac: You'll be waiting till just before Christmas for anything like that, after Pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nemanrio wrote: »

On a separate note can someone recommend a good headphones/headset for online play?

They don't, and you need to use a vpn for any transaction to actually go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I put it through Parcel Motel and it landed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

I put it through Parcel Motel and it landed this morning.
    Yeah, parcel motel all the way. Got a laptop delivered via them from Currys UK directly.

Why not wait till Black Friday? :) I'm planning to do so!
    (I mean I'm anxious to buy one decent bundle, but I can wait a bit!)

I think it's Currys@eBay that won't ship to service like Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard. The main Currys.co.uk site have no such reluctance though it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think it's Currys@eBay that won't ship to service like Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard. The main Currys.co.uk site have no such reluctance though it seems.

I had a 27" monitor shipped from Curry's eBay to AddressPal. The main Curry's.co.uk wouldn't ship to Ireland or mail forwarding addresses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Improved battery Switch with choice of MK8, Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword or Shield, or Luigi's Mansion for 350 on Littlewoods. Console on its own is 305, and there are other bundles with 2 games.

hdl wrote: »
    Improved battery Switch with choice of MK8, Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword or Shield, or Luigi's Mansion for 350 on Littlewoods. Console on its own is 305, and there are other bundles with 2 games.

Any idea what littlewoods are like to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Ordered a phone once from them, it never shipped, they just gave me the run around for weeks. Got money back and got phone next day from 3. They rate very low on trustpilot

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

conormario wrote: »
    Ordered a phone once from them, it never shipped, they just gave me the run around for weeks. Got money back and got phone next day from 3. They rate very low on trustpilot

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

Ta, might knock that on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I've ordered random stuff from them over the years. Never any problem here. Dispatched within a few days and delivered within the week. Only issues I've had is with the courier. They use (or at least used to use) Fastway, and the local driver here is an a$$hole who tells you to drive around looking for him if you miss the delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I tried to order boots for the wife from them once and I couldn't get my account fully setup. It wouldn't accept my address for some reason as it wasn't unique I think, even when I used the Eircode. Drove me around the bend and I gave up.

Thankfully found the same boots cheaper then on that shoe chain Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

sligeach wrote: »
    I signed up to that about a week ago. I'm not expecting to hear anything back really. Though it did let me enter all my details for Ireland, so we'll see. There was a competition too to win a Switch, that definitely won't happen, as per usual it's only for UK residents. I was going to say something(and will) if I receive the magazine.

Ordered this magazine this morning and received a dispatch email this afternoon. Using Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got an email saying a copy of that Nintendo gamesradar book was dispatched to me because I had ordered off the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got an email saying a copy of that Nintendo gamesradar book was dispatched to me because I had ordered off the store.

Same here, along with bit about 10% off voucher in Nintendo UK Store that's contained within the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I also ordered a copy of that magazine on their website but put down a Belfast postcode as it couldn't find my own address in the Republic. They then asked me for some feedback so I basically said that even though they were Nintendo UK and Ireland, sometimes those in the Republic are left out regarding certain offers. Maybe others have also said something similar to what I replied in my feedback and Nintendo have listened, seeing as two of you will receive the magazine without even ordering it?

Did ye all use a UK address, AddressPal, ParcelMotel or whatever? I used my ROI address and have heard nothing and I entered my details over a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's what I can't remember. Looking back through emails to see what physical items I got from them.
    Wind Waker HD Collector's Edition was sent to Parcel Motel.
    Luigi's Mansion Diorama, I can't see an address.
    Joycon replacement sent to my home address.

So I guess I should expect a Parcel Motel notification.
    Thank you from Nintendo

If you haven't already, you will soon receive your free copy of the GamesRadar+ Ultimate Guide to Nintendo in the post.

As someone who has previously purchased from the Nintendo Official UK Store, this 132-page guide will offer buyer’s guides and information on 80 of the best games from Nintendo!

PLUS... as a little thank you, every copy of the catalogue includes an exclusive unique code for 10% off your next Nintendo Official UK Store order.

Simply register your unique code to activate the discount!

We hope you find something you like!

If you would prefer not to receive exclusive offers, news and promotions from the Nintendo Official UK Store you can unsubscribe at any time from the link at the bottom of this email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got an email from them too.
    I had ordered the Metroid Amiibo from them, as well as the pack of LoZ:BotW Amiibo, they posted to my home address without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

conormario wrote: »
    Nintendo switch dock about 88 quid delivered from Amazon France.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B071992NQ2

This is still ridiculous. But I don't see any cheaper elsewhere.

Come on nintendo, this is extortion.

Not too late to preorder a Genki Dock

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humanthings/genki-covert-dock

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Some decent saving on the eShop at the moment.
    I just bought:
    Cosmic Star Heroine: 3.59
    A Robot Named Fight: 1.64

Very is allowing Buy Now, Pay Later customers to take £50 off the £279.99 price tag of the latest Nintendo Switch model with improved battery by using the discount code PEHGK.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/deals/can-now-save-50-nintendo-switch-improved-battery-3951426

https://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-neon-console-improved-battery/1600406124.prd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

sligeach wrote: »
    Very is allowing Buy Now, Pay Later customers to take £50 off the £279.99 price tag of the latest Nintendo Switch model with improved battery by using the discount code PEHGK.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/deals/can-now-save-50-nintendo-switch-improved-battery-3951426

https://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-neon-console-improved-battery/1600406124.prd?

It says they will credit back £50 to your account, I wonder whether that's to your Very account or your actual bank account.

Advertisement