Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Their games are high on the eShop charts at Christmas. Even if it is very much a false reflection of the quality of their work they will hope people will buy them the games over Christmas as there is no review system on the eShop & people might be fooled into thinking they are great games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah hopefully a few other publishers copy them and do it next year too.
    I guess Rekt & robonauts seem to be the best of the free games?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm gonna buy a couple of the weirder games later for €1 each

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They might do an Epic and give away free AAA games every week like Subnautica and Superhot, etc.

...and monkeys might fly out of my a-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Forgot somehow to get mana spark yesterday, showing as €9.99 the whole time, do i need to wait another day for it to go to 99c?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Forgot somehow to get mana spark yesterday, showing as €9.99 the whole time, do i need to wait another day for it to go to 99c?

That's weird, it appears as €10 when I searched without logging into an account too. I thought they would have discounted mana spark 90%
    If you really want mana spark it will be down around 4€ again in future maybe 99c again too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nintendo Switch Lite is down to €179.10 on Amazon Germany with discount applied. Delivered it is €187.39 in total.
    The discount is under the listing.

Turquoise version - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V5JJ4ZD/
    Grey version - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V5JJHK4/
    Yellow version - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V6M7YLT/

Did anyone try Earthlock yet looks interesting for €5 think I'll try the demo later

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I guess Rekt & robonauts seem to be the best of the free games?

I haven't tried Rekt yet, but I would say Koloro, Robonauts and Wreckin' Ball Adventure are all worth it. Koloro is my fave of the bunch, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Picked up

Golf story
    Hotline Miami complete
    Steamword huest

Any other ideas of good games to pick up in the eshop sale as have another 25 euros on my gift card

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Picked up

Golf story
    Hotline Miami complete
    Steamword huest

Any other ideas of good games to pick up in the eshop sale as have another 25 euros on my gift card

Thanks

If you like Hotline Miami, Not A Hero may appeal too - gameplay has a similar sort of feel, though the tone is very different.

Ape Out is a phenomenal game - going for cheap too, but there's a demo you can try to make sure it works for you.

If you like f-zero/wipeout type racers, Fast RMX is good and significantly discounted. You may notice Xenon Racer is even more significantly discounted, but unless a recent patch has helped, that game suffers from being a port from more powerful systems and is largely reported to not run well enough to be an enjoyable racer on Switch. A pity, too, as it looks great on other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Fysh wrote: »
    If you like Hotline Miami, Not A Hero may appeal too - gameplay has a similar sort of feel, though the tone is very different.

Ape Out is a phenomenal game - going for cheap too, but there's a demo you can try to make sure it works for you.

If you like f-zero/wipeout type racers, Fast RMX is good and significantly discounted. You may notice Xenon Racer is even more significantly discounted, but unless a recent patch has helped, that game suffers from being a port from more powerful systems and is largely reported to not run well enough to be an enjoyable racer on Switch. A pity, too, as it looks great on other platforms.

Will look into the 1st two games

Already have fast rmx picked it when I got the switch day one, going to look into the other racer and see if there has been a patch

Thanks for your help

Smyths have Lion King/Aladdin for €23 not opening until Friday definitely gonna grab it at that price myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Been playing a good bit of Divinity Original Sin 2 on the Xbox and considering picking it up on the Switch. Pity cross save is only Steam, otherwise it would be an insta-buy.

Anyone here pick it up in the sale coming from playing it on Xbox or PS4? If so how are you finding it?
    Only thing that's putting me off is starting over again.

Will look into the 1st two games

Already have fast rmx picked it when I got the switch day one, going to look into the other racer and see if there has been a patch

Thanks for your help

There's a video comparison of "Quality" and "Performance" modes, and it looks pretty poor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Shiknodo soul eater on USA store 5$ if you are into cave shmups. no option for tate mode for the flipgrip though

Some great prices on the US eshop at the minute. stolen from here

• Unravel Two $4.99 (€4.50)
    • Cuphead $13.99 (€12.60)
    • Cave Story+ $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Castle Crashers Remastered $8.99 (€8.10)
    • Torchlight II $11.99 (€10.80)
    • VVVVVV $4.99 (€4.50)
    • Ikaruga $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Tiny Barbarian DX $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition $13.99 (€12.60)
    • SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech $17.49 (€15.76)
    • Slay the Spire $19.99 (€18.01)
    • The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ $19.99 (€18.01)
    • Code of Princess EX $19.99 (€18.01)
    • Scribblenauts: Showdown $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Scribblenauts Mega Pack $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Cars 3: Driven to Win $9.99 (€9.00)
    • Crystal Crisis $9.99 (€9.00)
    • LEGO Worlds $7.49 (€6.45)
    • Downwell $1.49 (€1.34)
    • Mutant Mudds Collection $1.49 (€1.34)
    • Xeodrifter $0.99 (€0.89)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Fysh wrote: »
    There's a video comparison of "Quality" and "Performance" modes, and it looks pretty poor :(

Been waiting on Grid to drop in price myself

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Smyths have Lion King/Aladdin for €23 not opening until Friday definitely gonna grab it at that price myself.

17.99 if you reserve online for collection in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Been waiting on Grid to drop in price myself

Hopefully we're inching closer to a physical release now that multiplayer and HD textures have been added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry about this lads, but this is the liveliest thread.

The kid got a switch off Santa, and I’m looking at the Live subscription.
    If I subscribe myself (as the parent on the Switch) will he get my benefits?
    Or do I have to get a family pass, and take one sub each?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry about this lads, but this is the liveliest thread.

The kid got a switch off Santa, and I’m looking at the Live subscription.
    If I subscribe myself (as the parent on the Switch) will he get my benefits?
    Or do I have to get a family pass, and take one sub each?
    You need a family pass unless used on your account. You can have up to 8 accounts on a family pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks.
    I bought a family account and redeemed it online under my account.
    Already had the kid added as a family member, and I’m having the devil’s own job of getting him online (from what I can tell).
    Everything I’ve read mentions adding a family member after redeeming membership. Can’t find anything about upgrading current members.
    So do I have to delete his account and then re-add?

It’s not a very user friendly system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

robojet wrote: »
    17.99 if you reserve online for collection in-store.

Thanks for this. Must be a glitch on their system as the discount is usually only for preordered games, which this is clearly not and the other console versions don't have the discount.

Got it myself but wouldn't have bought on switch if it wasnt for your post, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I bought a family account and redeemed it online under my account.
    Already had the kid added as a family member, and I’m having the devil’s own job of getting him online (from what I can tell).
    Everything I’ve read mentions adding a family member after redeeming membership. Can’t find anything about upgrading current members.
    So do I have to delete his account and then re-add?

It’s not a very user friendly system.

You need to send an email invite to the one used to set up you childs Nintendo account and have them accept the invite. This can be managed from https://accounts.nintendo.com/family on the account used for the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

£19.99 for the physical version of Bloodstained. Cheap enough for me with another major patch due in the next few weeks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Ritual-Night-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07PJYWH39/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=bloodstained+switch&qid=1577459240&sr=8-1

£19.99 for the physical version of Bloodstained. Cheap enough for me with another major patch due in the next few weeks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Ritual-Night-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07PJYWH39/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=bloodstained+switch&qid=1577459240&sr=8-1

If you don't want to use Amazon, Argos UK has it for £21.99 and Argos Ireland for €26.99. Handy if you have a store nearby with stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watching some sales recommendation videos on YouTube, I see that Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana is $29.99 and Cave Story+ is $9.99 (sale in US eshop only, not here).

Might grab a couple of $20 cards later and pick those up.

https://pokemonblog.com/2019/12/31/special-mystery-gift-code-0t0sh1dama-now-unlocks-10-dive-balls-in-pokemon-sword-and-shield-until-january-30/
    Special Mystery Gift code 0T0SH1DAMA now unlocks 10 Dive Balls in Pokémon Sword and Shield until January 30
    Posted on December 31, 2019 by The Pokemon Blog

Kick off the new year with more Magikarp appearing in Pokémon Dens in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for a limited time. The Magikarp you’ll encounter in Max Raid Battles will also have a much higher chance than normal of being Shiny, so don’t miss your opportunity to battle and catch this special Pokémon.

To take advantage of these better odds in a Max Raid Battle, you’ll need to connect your Nintendo Switch system to the internet. Then, when you see a pillar of light shining from a Pokémon Den in the Wild Area, you can walk up to the Pokémon Den and interact with it to start a Max Raid Battle with a Dynamax Pokémon.

Your chances of encountering more Shiny Magikarp in Pokémon Dens will last only from December 31 through January 3, so grab some friends and head to the Wild Area today. In addition, from now until January 30, you can use the special code 0T0SH1DAMA to unlock 10 Dive Balls via the Mystery Gift feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Advertisement