Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&R Walrus sign-up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Had a limited number of blank tapes that would be constantly recorded over until the tape player ate them or they just tore and you had to sellotape them back together

Banjo wrote: »

Is this in gif form, easily one of the best delivered lines ever

22 entries so far, closing it off this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

22 x 5 x ~3 = 330 mins = 5.5 hours to listen to all songs just once. Is this the biggest walrus yet?

Fair play for taking on the challenge g&r

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

WOW. 22 entries is god damn impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Coming first or last is going to take something special :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well me and ALC have been sticking to a mostly rigid schedule of 1 song every 10-15 minutes for our reveals but that's with 14 songs. No chance of getting a reveal done in a night with 22 songs and 1 judge!

Best of luck G&R!

Yip, they are going to be LONG evenings!

Well it's taking us 3 hours to do 14 songs. Godspeed young man.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Had a limited number of blank tapes that would be constantly recorded over until the tape player ate them or they just tore and you had to sellotape them back together

Or taping over old crappy tapes by stuffing the corners with toilet roll to disable the mechanism that prevented it.

• Advertisement

Or taping over old crappy tapes by stuffing the corners with toilet roll to disable the mechanism that prevented it.

Did you not have any cellotape?

cellotape over the hole did the job fine, no need to stuff with toilet roll, that could fall out later and get between cogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well me and ALC have been sticking to a mostly rigid schedule of 1 song every 10-15 minutes for our reveals but that's with 14 songs. No chance of getting a reveal done in a night with 22 songs and 1 judge!

Best of luck G&R!

I say preparation will be key. Maybe have the posts drawn up and then they just need to be posted.

sKeith wrote: »
    Did you not have any cellotape?

cellotape over the hole did the job fine, no need to stuff with toilet roll, that could fall out later and get between cogs.

Yes, forgot about that, sellotape over the corners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

kitten_k wrote: »
    I say preparation will be key. Maybe have the posts drawn up and then they just need to be posted.

tenor.gif

So if we stay at 22 entries my plan is to start with No. 12, then 11, 13, 10, 14 etc
    So the lowest ranked song will come just ahead of the highest

I'll also be running an in-game bonus point system

I'll give a brief description of the song coming up, if you guess correctly that it refers to your song you get a bonus point. However two incorrect guesses will result in losing a point. Top three songs are excluded from the bonus points in each round

So if we stay at 22 entries my plan is to start with No. 12, then 11, 13, 10, 14 etc

I'll give a brief description of the song coming up, if you guess correctly that it refers to your song you get a bonus point. However two incorrect guesses will result in losing a point. Top three songs are excluded from the bonus points in each round

Techno Walrus.

This sounds complicated. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wait a second.
    If you give a hint of what song is coming next, and it's my song, and I guess it correctly then I get a bonus point and now my song isn't next any more 'cause it's scored higher, so I could potentially lose a point but then if I do my songs coming next again so I'm correct, so I get a bonus point and now.....

You’re plan falls down smartie pants as you need to get two wrong to lose a point

How long do you plan to leave the description up before posting the song? even just 3 minutes adds an extra hour onto the reveal, and 3 minutes seems very short.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    How long do you plan to leave the description up before posting the song? even just 3 minutes adds an extra hour onto the reveal, and 3 minutes seems very short.

You and your maths!

Ok, I'll write up the descriptions in advance, post them early in the day, you then get the chance to guess if its your song but there'll be no leeway, if you're correct +1, incorrect -1

Do we PM you our guess?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Do we PM you our guess?

No, on thread, I'll try and make them vague enough that they could apply to a few songs in the category

You’ve sure got your work cut out for you. Love it!

Ps: don’t forget you’ve also got an MSPaint to do :D

You’ve sure got your work cut out for you. Love it!

Ps: don’t forget you’ve also got an MSPaint to do :D

I've a bone to pick with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Loving the sound of the extras GnR, some work on your plate!

Anyone not prepared to gamble on a guess will be giving away the fact they want to win walrus and, therefore, cannot be trusted :p

Last call for entries!

One late entry brought us up to 23

Close her up please mods

23 entries! :eek:
    Think this one will need to be renamed Mammoth, a walrus just isn't big enough!

• Advertisement

I think we're gonna need a longer lead in time for this one.

Advertisement