Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&R Walrus sign-up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Four entries so far, excellent going for opening nite.

Because I’m a greedy, impatient mofo I’ve started listening, this is really hard. OP is edited to say that songs I don’t know will score higher than songs I do

Barney92 wrote: »
    Ah no G&R, I'll pick one up over the weekend to finally break the duck. Then I'll make a proper entry.

Dedication

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Green&Red wrote: »

Because I’m a greedy, impatient mofo I’ve started listening, this is really hard. OP is edited to say that songs I don’t know will score higher than songs I do

So... Any chance of a list of songs you know? Not that I'm competitive or sick of my mid table finishes...

With the handle banjo you’re bound to do well

That's not a handle. I just have a body part that curls back on itself and pokes into my belly button, and I'm quite sensitive about it so please don't draw attention.

Speaking of which, In!
    Not thrilled with my choices, but choice is an illusion anyway - these are the songs the universe wants you to hear, I am but her instrument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I bought 5 albums the first time I bought CDs on some deal thing. Most of them were **** but one of them was a good album. Still have it.

Since you did this after I submitted, can I change one of mine? Just one of them.

Of course

Banjo, top marks for flavor

Of course

Thankyou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I been almost overwhelmed with "name" possibilities, so many I love for so many different reasons. Think I've narrowed it down to two - I have one I think you will know and love, vs one you probably don't know but may actually hate...
    Edit: this is really hard to judge already, with that in mind if I don’t know a song it will score higher than one I do

...ah crap, that's the spirit of the game isn't it?!
    Right, death or glory, apologies if it makes your ears bleed!

I been almost overwhelmed with "name" possibilities, so many I love for so many different reasons. Think I've narrowed it down to two - I have one I think you will know and love, vs one you probably don't know but may actually hate...

Go for the risky one. If he likes it - bonus points for you. If he doesn't - even better for me :D

• Advertisement

Tammy! wrote: »
    Go for the risky one. If he likes it - bonus points for you. If he doesn't - even better for me :D

I am in and I have rolled that dice :)

I mean, it's an awesome song taken from an incredible album by an inspirationally brilliant band. Thinking about it, it's safe as houses. Don't waste too much time on your choices for round one guys, I've got this sewn up!

I mean, it's an awesome song taken from an incredible album by an inspirationally brilliant band. Thinking about it, it's safe as houses. Don't waste too much time on your choices for round one guys, I've got this sewn up!

Dude, we all submitted "Calling Dr Jones" by Aqua for that round. You're not special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think you will defo have heard at least 2 of mine. If I get time I will try re-submit but if not I’ll just have to cross my fingers!

There’s no problem with songs I know! I was just saying that in the event of a tie I’ll go with the one I don’t know!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Can the song with the name in it, have just the persons name in the title of the song and then never reference the name ever again ? :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Can the song with the name in it, have just the persons name in the title of the song and then never reference the name ever again ? :)

Knock yourself out

Provided it’s a good song

Currently tucking into REDACTEDs first album jesus from what I came from for the other song choices just hoping to find miracle gem in this.

I will say its bringing an odd smile to my face (as the say on xfactor its been a journey)

Actually I can't do it major skips have taken place, its awful cant waste music time on this but i have a pick

Ticking along nicely at 9 entries so far

Some excellent choices, some interesting choices, a lot of horrific first albums

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Rikand wrote: »

Same question for the number category?

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Same question for the number category?

Fast & loose with the rules Molly, whatever you want

Oh no I've looked up a list of songs with numbers in the titles because I was struggling and now I have too many that I think are worthy of submission. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Should get my entry in tonight

Fast & loose with the rules Molly, whatever you want

Did the eurovision round that had non-eurovision songs in it teach us nothing? NOTHING????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    Did the eurovision round that had non-eurovision songs in it teach us nothing? NOTHING????

:D

Banjo wrote: »

Well I'm a stickler for the rules so I'd rather not assume anything.

Speaking as an owner of a pitchfork and a lighter, I'd say Number in the title not referenced in the song will play better with the Mob than no number in the title, number mentioned once in song.

e.g.
    Song with Cheese in the Name (or just in the song, I supposed)
    Entry is called "Cambozola" but there are no cheese-based lyrics, rather it's about trying to be something you're not to please someone who wants someone you aren't. -> Fair game I'd reckon
    Entry has no cheese in the title, contains the line "he does what he damn well pleases" sung in a regional accent so it sounds like he said "Edam" -> Feed to Lions
    Entry called "Cheddar Cheese" with every verse and chorus being "Cheddar Cheese, Cheddar Cheddar Cheese (Chedda Cheez!)" -> Wins the game.

Whilst I whole heartedly agree with your principal, Banjo, that cheddar cheese song sounds as bad as Tammy's vodka song, it better not win :p

Banjo wrote: »
    Speaking as an owner of a pitchfork and a lighter, I'd say Number in the title not referenced in the song will play better with the Mob than no number in the title, number mentioned once in song.

e.g.
    Song with Cheese in the Name (or just in the song, I supposed)
    Entry is called "Cambozola" but there are no cheese-based lyrics, rather it's about trying to be something you're not to please someone who wants someone you aren't. -> Fair game I'd reckon
    Entry has no cheese in the title, contains the line "he does what he damn well pleases" sung in a regional accent so it sounds like he said "Edam" -> Feed to Lions
    Entry called "Cheddar Cheese" with every verse and chorus being "Cheddar Cheese, Cheddar Cheddar Cheese (Chedda Cheez!)" -> Wins the game.

Funny you should mention it .....

Sharpen your pitch forks lads

• Advertisement

For Banjo's Walrus I will be submitting this for every category, and winning each time:

Advertisement