Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applegreen own brand chargers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, a dual plug CCS with space (and marked bay) for another unit beside it. It's at the garage and burger king that is in the Tesco complex. I'm a blow in from meath so I'm not sure of the exact place name!

Even 50-100kW is better than my leaf which averages 22kW in a 30 minute session as the speed throttles over 50% SOC. My first leaf could be in single digits above 70-75% so it's not just this one either.

The majority of EVs on the road are either MEB VWs or Tesla LFP, both of which would average well over 3X that 22kW speed in a 30 minute session. It's a difference of multiples/exponents rather than a few kW/kWh here or there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

These are ABB Terra 184 chargers that give 180 kW on 1xCSS or 2x90 kW on 2xCCS.

Terra 94/124/184 UL Data Sheet (abb.com)

Not the top of the ABB range such as Terra 360 which gives load balanced 2xCSS with total output 360 kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Back to the bad old days on the M1, the single charger at Lusk South is broken

And the Ecars unit is gone

Get a fecking move on with the second unit Applegreen

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

SPOF....again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Applegreen, single point of f**k-ups

I have to hyphenate it to make the acronym work 😂

To be fair, I imagine they'll be quicker to get the second charger in than Ecars.

I don't buy the excuse that Ecars were blocked from installing it, I'd say they asked once, got told no and didn't ask again. If they'd really wanted the second unit in they could have been pushing a lot harder

Hopefully Ionity opens up the new chargers up the road soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭cannco253

Just got an email from Applegreen

"Good afternoon,

We hope this message finds you well. We are excited to share an important update regarding our electric vehicle charging services.

Starting today, November 23rd, we are thrilled to announce a special offer exclusively for users of the Applegreen Electric mobile app in Ireland. When you download, sign up and initiate charges through our app, you will benefit from a reduced price of 68 cents per kWh. If you are already an app user, there is no need to do anything further, you will automatically avail of the reduced rate.

We would also like to remind you that there's no pre-authorisation fee for our app users. We understand the significance of hassle-free charging, and this is our commitment to providing you with the best service possible."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

They are counting on quite a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, it seems.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It’s only €0.07/kWh cheaper… but it’s better than a kick in the ar$e… so I’ll gladly take it, as even though I’m an infrequent user, I still went down the app route as didn’t fancy a €30 hold on my card anytime I did use them…

I think this is a good move and perhaps the sign of some ‘price wars’…? Circle K don’t have any way to count loyalty with an app/card so they can’t do the same other than just cut their rates to match…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tlaavtech

Apparently, Applegreen have reduced their "hold" to €1 so that it just validates the card.

App showing 68c fee now.

Does anyone know if Paulstowns 2nd unit with CCS & CHAdeMO has been reinstated as it’s showing up on the app!!

It was originally there alongside the dual CCS charger, but was removed earlier this year!!

Applegreen guy told me a few months ago that it was due to go back in at some stage. Apparently a very popular location in Dublin had a failure so the Paulstown one was moved to cover it as they could not get stock of new units. I could have checked yesterday if I had known!

No worries,

Ill be passing on Sunday so will see what’s up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

99% sure there is 2 units there. Passed it 2 weeks ago and from memory there was a Skoda on one charger and an ID3 on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I was only able to pull 30kw from 2 separate applegreen chargers today. Was travelling from Belfast to Kilkenny return so needed charging

Castlebellingham at about 30% soc and a warm battery, brought it up to 50% but didn't fancy hanging around, I got to the one at rathcoole with 11% and same speeds. Got bored again so went a small bit down the road to ionity kill south and was pulling 80 to 90 kw all the way up to 90% battery

Yeah that backs up what I see in the Applegreen app… 2 units onsite again…

1st time I used this site there was the 2 units which was awesome, but the last time it was down to 1 unit (though the story above about the CCS/CHAdeMO unit being pulled to backfill a broken & busier unit in Dublin probably makes sense..).

it’s just handy knowing there are 3 CCS plugs there rather than 2 so chances of queuing are reduced…

the last photo in PlugShare is actually mine with the unit removed… so I’ll be passing on Sunday and will drop in for a charge and see what’s happening, and maybe grab a pic…

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's three units at Circle K at Tinryland now. Not sure if they are all working yet though.

Yeah, that’s my alternate site on the M9 now (Will hopefully never stop in Kilcilullen again for the rest of my life), but I haven’t been there yet… Paulstown suits as it’s that bit closer to Waterford, so it’s an ideal spot for a splash and dash on the way down, and then heading back up the M9 towards Dublin.

What a difference a year makes as previously all we had was Kilcullen (a sh1tshow and just slightly too far from Waterford for me), and then maybe Knocktopher, though I never used it..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Depending where you're going in Waterford there's also the eCars units at the Amber petrol station off the Waterford bypass heading back towards New Rose.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Inverue or something? It’s there in the back of the mind if I’m ever stuck down there, though it’d be a bit of a detour as I cross the river and head down towards Passage East…

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

The second unit was back in Paulstown at the end of November but it wasn't active

Actually the day I was there there was only one plug functioning one the other unit so hopefully that is working now too

The three units in Carlow are working and have been for a few months. Perfect for me in a 94Ah i3 coming From Tramore. Car says I can get to Ionity Naas road with 9km range left but that's a little tight for my liking. Spent too long waiting in Kilcullen in the last 18 months...

The 2nd unit is indeed back in Paulstown

That one doesnt work for leafs on the chademo btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It was working back in August, any idea why it's not now?

Bjorn had a video on it. Some of the newest HPC chademo (I think it's a specific unit type) dont work very well or at all with the earliest leafs. The older the leaf the more likely it doesnt work. Mine is a 2011 and I tried all four chademo plugs at that inver station but it doesnt work. It starts charging, then times out with internal error after 15-30 seconds. The exact same error is in a bjorn video on youtube. I think its his frankenstein geilo test video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ok I can confirm it was a 182 refresh model that worked in August so maybe it's to do with the age of the car

Applegreen chargers will all be offline from 6am-7am tomorrow morning….

Dear AndyBoBandy, 

We hope this message finds you well. We wish to inform you about upcoming maintenance that will temporarily affect the availability of our electric vehicle chargers.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, December 13th, between 6:00 AM and 7:00 AM, we will be conducting necessary maintenance across our network- During this time, our chargers will be temporarily offline. We understand that reliable charging is crucial for your electric vehicle needs, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This maintenance is an essential part of ensuring that we continue to provide you with the best charging experience possible. 

We understand that your time is valuable, and we genuinely appreciate your understanding as we work to improve our charging services. Our team is committed to delivering a seamless charging experience, and this maintenance is a step towards achieving that goal.

Thank you for your continued support and for choosing us as your electric vehicle charging partner. If you require any further support, please email customersupport@applegreenelectric.com or call our Customer Care line from the App Menu. 

Wishing you safe and happy travels, thank you for being a valued member as we grow our network across the US, Ireland and UK, 

The Applegreen Electric Team.For more information, please login to the app or call our customer support centre at +353 1 553 1313(Ireland) or +44 204 540 0050 (UK).

Thank you for being an Applegreen Electric customer.

Sincerely,

Applegreen Electric Customer Support Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

The CPO software vendors need to up their game when it comes to software updates (which I assume this is). In place / zero downtime upgrades are not a novelty anymore and the service the CPOs are providing is too important to justify an hour long outage.

Advertisement