Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Enniscorthy

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joywalker

Thanks again.. it’s so difficult to buy in an area you are not familiar with.. if there are any particular areas she needs to avoid please feel free to private message me if you have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It would be easier if you put up houses she's interested in as many estates that would have had a bad name have matured quite nicely.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Your daughter should have a look at this property, very quiet area of the town close to a lot of amenities also. and its within her budget

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-st-john-s-villas-enniscorthy-co-wexford/4775384

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

It hard to determine but I would definitely say get her to drive down and have a look around alot of the estates are lovely but like anything you can't tell until you come down.

Her budget is nice for alot of places and the st John's house posted above is ideal for someone in healthcare, but that being said there is also new build close to that price and if she is a first time buyer she could get one.

The best approach is to just throw a few ads out and we can give are opinions vases off the ad.

Bear in mind I'm new to the town so my perspective is a little different than locals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Recently arrived in Enniscorthy from Dublin and bought in St Johns Villas (as recommended by St Senan) and very happy with the choice. Lovely solidly built little house in a very nice area. Lovely neighbours and everything in the town is within easy walking distance.

With regard to Enniscorthy, I can't get over how friendly everyone is which is a huge plus. On the downside there is a fair bit of dereliction and an obvious lack of investment but no different to most similar sized towns in Ireland. Overall a very positive experience so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement