Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Fmp wouldn't be too bad at all, nice sense of community about the area. St Senans school is top class, very well run. The houses are quite old so you'd need to be prepared to do some spending. Shamrocks gaa and soccer club is right beside you, it's no different to any club they win some they lose some, seem to be ok lads.

What's your opinion on father cullen terrace also is it similar to fmp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What's your opinion on father cullen terrace also is it similar to fmp?

Yes, it's a nice area too, traffic can be a pain when the little darlings are being ferried to and from Colaiste Brid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Yes, it's a nice area too, traffic can be a pain when the little darlings are being ferried to and from Colaiste Brid.

+1 on Fr Cullen's. Traffic can be a nightmare.

Fr. Murphy park is an established estate built in the 70's along with Slaney View park. There's people living there since they were built. While a lot of homes have been upgraded by owners over the years,some haven't. It's now a 3 minute drive to the new bypass from there now which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

+1 on Fr Cullen's. Traffic can be a nightmare.

Fr. Murphy park is an established estate built in the 70's along with Slaney View park. There's people living there since they were built. While a lot of homes have been upgraded by owners over the years,some haven't. It's now a 3 minute drive to the new bypass from there now which is very handy.

FMP & SVP as well as Fr Cullens or the Barley Field are lovely old estates and great places.

FMP & SVP as well as Fr Cullens or the Barley Field are lovely old estates and great places.

Aren't they on the Shannon side of the town sure. The best side. :)

• Advertisement

Heard some bad reports about the new social housing in past the Paddocks,Gardai are almost nightly visitors due to anti social behaviour and drug dealing along with some of the ethnic minority acting the Mick as well.
    The houses are built to the highest standards with energy saving equipment and solar panels which most hard working folk can't afford yet these people get them for a pittance and abuse the privilege.
    OP - Look elsewhere in town if buying,that area is becoming a no go if that trend continues.

Heard some bad reports about the new social housing in past the Paddocks,Gardai are almost nightly visitors due to anti social behaviour and drug dealing along with some of the ethnic minority acting the Mick as well.
    The houses are built to the highest standards with energy saving equipment and solar panels which most hard working folk can't afford yet these people get them for a pittance and abuse the privilege.
    OP - Look elsewhere in town if buying,that area is becoming a no go if that trend continues.

Thanks we are looking at older estates now like bellefield area or pearse road area. They seem nice been to the town a few times over the last few weeks looking around and those estates although old seem like a great place to start a home. Any advice are the estates as quiet as they seem on paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

If I was looking in Enniscorthy for a house in an established estate I wouldn't look past Hempfield Close. Relatively modern but traditionally built houses in an established area with a good settled community and no risk of the area being swamped with a large number of new homes as it is essentially a cul de sac but very confident for town and the bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AP2022

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me out, we were looking at buying in ashbrook moving from Wicklow down. Just wanted to get people's opinions of the area. We have a daughter of 7.

Any input would be great

• Advertisement

What number in ashbrook? May seem a strange question but parts of that estate are definitely nicer than others.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I know it was in the 46 row I think.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I know it was in the 46 row I think.

Sorry for not replying. That row would be the nicer part of the estate, I think it was a rental for a few years so you’d need to view it very carefully for sketchy on the cheap repairs. Have a look at who’s behind it as some of those houses are polish weekend party central and the place seems to be full of bloody barking dogs, there’s nothing more annoying.

Hi sorry didn't get back sooner. My partner is also from Wicklow Town and we moved down two years ago.

My advice would really be dependant on what you are looking for with a 7 Yr old daughter you'll obviously be think schools. Ashbrook is in a decent enough location traffic isn't bad and the houses are nice. BUT with an estate of that age I would think there is a large teen to young adult age group that will cause some issues.

We have a 4 Yr old girl and bought on Pearse road location great. Neighbours lovely. Traffic is brutal when their is matches and such.

I would say nip upto the town and have a look around a couple of times get a feel for the layout.

Also I've spotted out some nice estate with house currently at the or around ashbrook value that I would consider good buys.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-17-meadowlands-enniscorthy-co-wexford/3743108

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-5-the-orchard-bellefield-enniscorthy-co-wexford/3773080

These are all house I would recommend if you don't like the Moyne area

Thanks for your replies much appreciated it. We are trying to get our daughter into St Aidan's but they are full and can't guarantee a place any other school arounds the area that you could recommend?

Yes we had that issue with getting our daughter in aswell. St Senans is on the other side of town I hear its a great school and is getting some big investment work done, also the Irish school is up that side of town and my daughter goes there for drama class it looks like a great school but with my partner being Polish and me being not the brightest in school I would worry about sending her to it and it affecting her education because we can't help with home work.

St Mary's is a smaller school not to far from St Aidan with very small classes but I heard they are very good too.

If you need any advice or tips about the town I can give you my newbie point of view.

Also if you like me and worried about neighbours my advice is best to spin down and just hang about the and catch people for a chat I actually knocked on the neighbours doors and asked their opinions before signing the papers.

They are lovely so happy I did that.

Did you get your daughter into Aidan's ?just worried about moving down and struggling to get a place in a school.

What age group are the drama classes ?

No she didn't get a place but hoping next year as she doesn't turn 4 until August they said she would get in the following year.school was also my biggest worry but there is alot around might be worth ring the above and seeing how they are for space.

The drama ranges from 4-6 yrs and then 7-12 yrs in the class after hers. There is alot of classes and amenitys in the town for kids only thing I see missing is a cinema but the one in wexford town is the best I've seen in a while so it makes up for the journey.

Thank you so much you have been great help. My wife lived down there when she was younger and to be honest everywhere has its problems but Enniscorthy seems like a nice little town and so close to Wexford and Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Enniscorthy was very much a major market town once with a big rural hinterland. Somewhat ignored by Wexford CoCo and government in recent decades and allowed to slip into decline, compared to Wexford town or Gorey say. That's just how it goes in the SE though, very populous part of Ireland but often overlooked by state services and so on. Nowhere near the political pull of say Donegal or parts west of the Shannon. But still a nice town, one thing I always notice is that assuming you don't drive everywhere that it wouldn't do any harm for your fitness as many of the old town streets are steep.

Anytime hopefully yous get sorted and when you do welcome to Enniscorthy

I'd definitely pick the house in Meadowlands over any of the others it's a lovely mature estate and the houses would be well built. Davidstown school would be worth considering if you lived there as it would be very easy to get to from meadowlands it would be a 10 minute drive.

Ye I went for a walk there a few months back and when this went up for sale I was considering selling up to try buy it 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joywalker

Hi there ..I know this is on an old thread.. my daughter is looking to buy down Enniscorthy area ( well it’s not looking like she will be able to buy in Wicklow town). She is on her own with the mortgage so her budget is approx 250k ( not an apartment) any advice on where to buy/not to buy would be appreciated TIA.

Post edited by joywalker on

Does she want a house on its own or in the town in an estate? Will she be commuting for work etc? I'm assuming she doesn't want to be fixing up the place. If you pick a few places I'd be happy to help.

I just had a quick look and every property around is either sold or sale agreed...

A semi in a nice area ( quiet ) she is a nurse and loves her 💤. Only commuting to Co. Wicklow to work. Do you know anything about the area where this is.? Thanks for your help? Much appreciated

Hi there please see my last post.. thank you for your reply.

• Advertisement

A nice area in fairness, build quality of the houses wouldn't be to the highest standard so inspect it carefully, noise from next door can be a problem especially for someone working nights and as you can see the lack of a front garden/ driveway is a problem.

Advertisement