Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is this thug allowed to roam free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hasn't aged well, looks 40 at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

This fella will have to kill someone before he is put away.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pictured-irelands-most-dangerous-criminal-walks-free-38454949.html

Lets have a look;

> The court heard evidence how he stabbed one youth in the leg during a robbery at St Stephen's Green .It turned out he had been armed with four knives when he stabbed the 15-year-old as he robbed a group of teenagers of their phones. It took 10 gardai to arrest Wright, shortly after the robbery, who swung a kitchen knife at them before being subdued.

> In another frightening incident he was in a 15-minute stand-off with gardai in Lucan while armed with a knife and threatening to go into a house and kill the people inside.

> A month later after being released he hijacked two cars from women at Liffey Valley after telling one he would stab her. After crashing it he made his way back to the car-park where he jumped into the back seat of a car being driven by a woman and roared at her to drive or he would "cut her up".

> He also violently resisted arrest in Skerries where he spat at, tried to bite and then grabbed the testicles of a garda.

> On another occasion he attacked an officer at the Children's Court and threatened to shoot one in the head saying: "I have a bullet waiting for you when I get out."

> At his most recent court appearance, in which he had faced charges of attacking prison staff Wright was accompanied in court by five prison officers clad in riot gear. In that case in March 2017 he was given an extra six months for assaulting three prison officers as he attempted to headbutt the governor of the Midlands Prison.

> Between his stints behind bars Wright has clocked up 106 convictions including 30 assault, firearms and robbery offences. He has also had more than 250 breaches of prison discipline recorded against him from his time inside.

> He also assaulted and robbed another couple and later told gardai that he had been aiming for the second victim's organs in the attack. Wright claimed he had tried to kill the man, "but his bird got in the way." At a 2007 trial when Wright was aged 18 he was described by Judge Michael White as a "very dangerous teenager".

Irish Justice folks, perfectly safe individual to have roaming around the general population.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Our legal system is at fault. Why is the justice system to a great extent private? Should it not be a public right/function not what can be paid for. As it stands only the very rich or the very poor can go to court. A part of the civil service so that no one rich can buy legal clout and put another at a disadvantage. We have inherited a flawed, antiquated and class based system from Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Does the state have no accountability for the safety of its citizens?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Anjunadeep wrote: »

There are lots of lobby groups who feel that the interests and rights of the perpetrator are far more important then that of the victim.
    It gives them that nice warm fuzzy feeling inside that they’ve stopped someone from being punished for something that they feel he/she shouldn’t be made to take responsibility for.
    The members of these lobby groups typically live in very low crime areas sometimes in gated communities ( P Murphy TD) and are unlikely to ever be victims themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    This fella will have to kill someone before he is put away.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pictured-irelands-most-dangerous-criminal-walks-free-38454949.html

Lets have a look;

> The court heard evidence how he stabbed one youth in the leg during a robbery at St Stephen's Green .It turned out he had been armed with four knives when he stabbed the 15-year-old as he robbed a group of teenagers of their phones. It took 10 gardai to arrest Wright, shortly after the robbery, who swung a kitchen knife at them before being subdued.

> In another frightening incident he was in a 15-minute stand-off with gardai in Lucan while armed with a knife and threatening to go into a house and kill the people inside.

> A month later after being released he hijacked two cars from women at Liffey Valley after telling one he would stab her. After crashing it he made his way back to the car-park where he jumped into the back seat of a car being driven by a woman and roared at her to drive or he would "cut her up".

> He also violently resisted arrest in Skerries where he spat at, tried to bite and then grabbed the testicles of a garda.

> On another occasion he attacked an officer at the Children's Court and threatened to shoot one in the head saying: "I have a bullet waiting for you when I get out."

> At his most recent court appearance, in which he had faced charges of attacking prison staff Wright was accompanied in court by five prison officers clad in riot gear. In that case in March 2017 he was given an extra six months for assaulting three prison officers as he attempted to headbutt the governor of the Midlands Prison.

> Between his stints behind bars Wright has clocked up 106 convictions including 30 assault, firearms and robbery offences. He has also had more than 250 breaches of prison discipline recorded against him from his time inside.

> He also assaulted and robbed another couple and later told gardai that he had been aiming for the second victim's organs in the attack. Wright claimed he had tried to kill the man, "but his bird got in the way." At a 2007 trial when Wright was aged 18 he was described by Judge Michael White as a "very dangerous teenager".

Irish Justice folks, perfectly safe individual to have roaming around the general population.

Send him to the Mariana Trench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Nope - just lots of people willing to make excuses for filth like this because they don't have to deal with them in their own lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

He's a cash cow for the legal profession is why he's out. 84 previous convictions means multiple appearances in court by his barrister/lawyer on each of his offences, possibly taking a few years for each offence to be ruled on. Then there's all those nice billable hours that the legal firm gets paid for. Of course there's the private companies who get paid to transport these lads from prison to the courthouse and back again as well. When he does kill someone, he'll do less than 20 years before he's out and about again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Odhinn

splinter65 wrote: »
    But he needs (/................) more.

Did it ever occur to you that if he was placed in a secure hospital he would (a) be kept off the streets (b) treated for whatever severe mental issues he has with the possibility that (c) he would no longer pose such a threat to the public?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Nope, because our political representatives don't live in the areas where this kind of scum was spawned so they are out of touch with reality, well except of course for Willie O'Dea.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to you that if he was placed in a secure hospital he would (a) be kept off the streets (b) treated for whatever severe mental issues he has with the possibility that (c) he would no longer pose such a threat to the public?

Did it ever occur to you that over the many years of his countless brushes with our justice system that he’s probably been investigated several times, and at great cost, for psychiatric illnesses and been found to have none?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

blueshade wrote: »
    Nope, because our political representatives don't live in the areas where this kind of scum was spawned so they are out of touch with reality, well except of course for Willie O'Dea.

Are they spawned out in Kilteely or inside in Farranshone? :p

We can torch both to be sure.

Did it ever occur to you that over the many years of his countless brushes with our justice system that he’s probably been investigated several times, and at great cost, for psychiatric illnesses and been found to have none?

Evidently not
    In 2017 Judge Catherine Staines, who heard an assault case against him at Portlaoise, asked: "I really wonder is prison the best place for him, would the Central Mental Hospital not be a more suitable place for him?"

I used to assume all these people have vetting degrees of mental illness too but I got to know a few of them and I changed my mind.
    Just brought up to believe:
    1. I have a right to be given everything and anything I want, instantly with no resistance.
    2. If there is any resistance then it needs to be met instantly with ferocious violence.
    3. Nobody can give me any instructions or correction. Nobody.
    4. Nobody else on this planet has any entitlements, just me.

I used to assume all these people have vetting degrees of mental illness too but I got to know a few of them and I changed my mind.
    Just brought up to believe:
    1. I have a right to be given everything and anything I want, instantly with no resistance.
    2. If there is any resistance then it needs to be met instantly with ferocious violence.
    3. Nobody can give me any instructions or correction. Nobody.
    4. Nobody else on this planet has any entitlements, just me.

....well fucking them into jail hasn't worked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Actually putting him in jail worked well to protect the public from him . it was letting him out was the error here . he should never ever be let out,

and when it becomes more cost effective to eliminate people like him that should be done too

Wonder when he will be back before the courts???

The solicitor, barrister and judge will be absolutely delighted.

Money will be rolling in their eyes... Cha ching

It would work fine if he was kept in jail where he should be.
    It’s the releasing him from jail that’s causing all the grief.
    Can you genuinely not see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Execution

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

He needs to find God.

• Advertisement

It would work fine if he was kept in jail where he should be.
    It’s the releasing him from jail that’s causing all the grief.
    Can you genuinely not see that?

In prison he's as big a menace as without. The whole "throw away the key" thing is silly knee jerk nonsense.

In prison he's as big a menace as without. The whole "throw away the key" thing is silly knee jerk nonsense.

How can he be a menace to the public at large if he’s in solitary confinement in prison?!? He eats alone in his cell. He’s brought to the prison yard to exercise on his own when the yard is empty. No visitors. He doesn’t like anyone anyway. I doubt if anyone likes him. If they do they can write to him. If he kicks up a stink he’s tasered.
    In what way will he be a menace?

How can he be a menace to the public at large if he’s in solitary confinement in prison?!? He eats alone in his cell. He’s brought to the prison yard to exercise on his own when the yard is empty. No visitors. He doesn’t like anyone anyway. I doubt if anyone likes him. If they do they can write to him. If he kicks up a stink he’s tasered.
    In what way will he be a menace?

Did you read that article I linked?

Did you read that article I linked?

I read that article weeks ago. What’s your point? He should be tasered in his cell the second he resists. Taser taser taser. Or pepper sprayed. Every. Single. Time. Prison officers wear gas masks when dealing with him.
    What’s your suggestion? Dump him on the psychiatric nurses?!?

I read that article weeks ago. What’s your point? He should be tasered in his cell the second he resists. Taser taser taser. Or pepper sprayed. Every. Single. Time. Prison officers wear gas masks when dealing with him.
    What’s your suggestion? Dump him on the psychiatric nurses?!?

Yep. Your notions have failed, as have far worse treatment over the centuries.

Yep. Your notions have failed, as have far worse treatment over the centuries.

So what do you prefer we do with this gentleman. He doesn’t need psychiatric help and you don’t want him in prison. What is your solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Seriously? where do you think this person should be? allowed roam free? thats what it seems, just throw our collective hands up in the air and say, shure fcuk it. Some people are not reformable, or their crimes so bad that they just need to be locked away from society for the benefit of society, people like this can reform in prison under a strict system, if they cant manage that they should rot there, how will letting them roam free in society work out, it will likely put innocent people at risk.

1874 wrote: »
    Seriously? where do you think this person should be? allowed roam free? .................

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111474081&postcount=220

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

A secure hospital? who says he has a mental illness? do secure hospitals have the staff to deal with this kind of person? I dont think so? Id prefer a secure prison held him and he could be treated medically in a secure wing of that, than even consider healthcare staff would have the ability to look after this guy or be subjected to him.
    No offense but based on what Ive read about this guy, your opinions are ridiculous, you should probably take him in, see how that works out, Im sure he's a lovely chap.

• Advertisement

1874 wrote: »
    A secure hospital? who says he has a mental illness? do secure hospitals have the staff to deal with this kind of person? I dont think so? Id prefer a secure prison held him and he could be treated medically in a secure wing of that, than even consider healthcare staff would have the ability to look after this guy or be subjected to him.
    No offense but based on what Ive read about this guy, your opinions are ridiculous, you should probably take him in, see how that works out, Im sure he's a lovely chap.

They would but he would be drugged out of his mind...

Advertisement