Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is this thug allowed to roam free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

The the picture in the OP's link it says

"Leon Wright, 18yrs, of Droim na Coille Avenue, Ballyowen Lane, Lucan, Dublin, leaving court on 20th January 2017 after he was jailed for 13years with 4 suspended for a string of violent crimes including robbery, hijacking, escape from custody and assault."

How the FU** is he being released in 2019 after being sentenced to to 13 years in 2017 ??

Even with 4 years suspended that's 9 years and if the journalist has gotten his story even half correct there should have been no reduction to his sentence and the 4 years suspended term reactivated..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    One more reason to vote National Party.

Nazi Party?

They would like a bit of a death I imagine.

Why would anyone who doesn't have an acute brain injury even consider voting for him and his shower of ne'er-do-wells?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Maybe put into some sort of penal servitude where he'll break rocks for his food and be flogged if he has an attitude problem.

I’m sure there’s an uninhabited island off Ireland. They could send scum like that there. They could fend for themselves. Once a month a drone drops off a crate of supplies. No need for guards. They could have drones patrolling the perimeter. Kill on sight anyone attempting to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

Considering Fine Gael have always considered themselves "The Law & Order Party" this is somewhere they're really failing their core vote.

Minimum sentencing is a must. And a reclassification of crimes also - I couldn't believe when I read this part (emphasis mine)
    In May 2014, Wright was jailed for six years for stabbing two men in random attacks in Dublin city centre in April 2013. Dublin Circuit Court heard that Wright’s first stabbing victim was Harisikashra Rajaysur, from Mauritius, while his second was Irishman Killian Byrne, who was walking with a female companion, Karolina Dryzaite.

The two stabbings took place minutes apart. At the time, Wright told gardaí that he was aiming for the organs of the second victim. He said he tried to kill the man, ‘but his bird got in the way’. Wright pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and assault of Mr Rajaysur on Grafton Street in April 2013. When he appeared in court for these offences, Wright was handcuffed and flanked by five prison staff in riot gear.

He admitted to the assault of Mr Byrne and Ms Dryzaite and to robbing a purse on nearby Chatham Street on the same date.

ASSAULT? He admitted he went for Mr Byrnes organs, and that he tried to kill him. He admitted to Attempted Murder, but instead he gets charged with Assault?? Assault is when you punch someone, kick them, push them, it's not when you try to stab their godddam organs and tell the cops you tried to kill him.

He should have been charged with 2 counts of attempted murder, and given 2 x 10 year minimum sentences to be run one after another, the idea that you can run 2 sentences at the same time effectively means, attempt murder on one, you may as well try kill 10 people as your sentence will be around the same.

This country....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

His age is 18 in 2007 but he is “now though to be around 30”.
    Top class journalism

This is a fair thing to report, is it not? He could be 29, 30, 31, it's impossible to know without an exact birth date and perhaps the journalist was not privy to such facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Boggles wrote: »
    You do obviously.

That's not what you said, is it?

What did I say boggles?
    No I don’t care where Wallace and Daly are living. Why would I care?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You would have the death penalty for people who have not committed murder?

if they had double digit previous convictions for violent crimes or sexual assault then yes I absolutely would. if you haven't learned your lesson in 10 times infront of a judge then theres not much to be said for keeping you alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Someone like this absolutely deserves death, anything else is a light sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,757 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if they had double digit previous convictions for violent crimes or sexual assault then yes I absolutely would. if you haven't learned your lesson in 10 times infront of a judge then theres not much to be said for keeping you alive.

What about a less violent situation; say someone racks up dozens of warnings, cards and bans on this website. Should that user simply be permabanned?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Overheal wrote: »
    What about a less violent situation; say someone racks up dozens of warnings, cards and bans on this website. Should that user simply be permabanned?

if they've racked them because opinions they hold aren't friendly to the advertisers that website is trying to attract or a liberal agenda , then absolutely not. :pac:

If it was for threatening other users or outright ruining forums / constant charter breaches then perhaps.

• Advertisement

A bizarre comparison. An innocuous online platform weighed up against a vicious savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Why weed a flower bed if the weeds haven't directly killed a flower.

You weed out malignancy for the good of everyone else.

It's an ironic thing that you need extreme measures to ensure liberalism.

No offence to Cork people, but could they not reopen Spike Island again and send all these Dublin knackers down there just as they did up until 2004?

It added immensely to the security of people in Dublin to see programmes on Today Tonight and RTÉ News where huge numbers of Dublin scumbags were on an island off Cork.

This country needs to pull together and it's about time Cork people got behind the capital once again as it tries to attract investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Nazi Party?

They would like a bit of a death I imagine.

Why would anyone who doesn't have an acute brain injury even consider voting for him and his shower of ne'er-do-wells?

Want to know How I know you have nothing of value to contribute? You cried Nazi like a good little NPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

A family member has had to deal with this lowlife on a few occasions.

This guy is pure evil, filth like him should not be on our streets, he will kill someone, without doubt. It's only a matter of time. Attacks prison officers every chance he gets and refuses to engage in any therapy or so called rehabilitation in and just let him loose.

An excuse for a human being, I wonder what prick in the dept of Justice will apologise to the family of his next victim

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Another scum bag free to do what he likes..... Seems a very big trend....

Solicitors will be fighting to be his legal aid....

Probably already has many business cards from them....

Why weed a flower bed if the weeds haven't directly killed a flower.

You weed out malignancy for the good of everyone else.

It's an ironic thing that you need extreme measures to ensure liberalism.

The Bible talked about this. It wasn’t good for the weed people on your analogy. Doesn’t seem like a ‘liberal’ thing.

A bizarre comparison. An innocuous online platform weighed up against a vicious savage.

Eric knows what I was talking about. Wasn’t trying to equivocate violence and trolling jfc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

knipex wrote: »
    The the picture in the OP's link it says

"Leon Wright, 18yrs, of Droim na Coille Avenue, Ballyowen Lane, Lucan, Dublin, leaving court on 20th January 2017 after he was jailed for 13years with 4 suspended for a string of violent crimes including robbery, hijacking, escape from custody and assault."

How the FU** is he being released in 2019 after being sentenced to to 13 years in 2017 ??

Even with 4 years suspended that's 9 years and if the journalist has gotten his story even half correct there should have been no reduction to his sentence and the 4 years suspended term reactivated..

They get an automatic 25% off the sentence for remission, otherwise known as Good Behaviour. Even though he committed 250 breaches of good behaviour in prison.

The term madness gets bandied about but that really is complete and utter madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

The Bible talked about this. It wasn’t good for the weed people on your analogy. Doesn’t seem like a ‘liberal’ thing.

Yeah... I don't really worry about what a 2000 year old pyramid scheme says in fairness.

The only way we're ever going to fix/control humanities selfish/lazy urges is through generous communism and annual mental health checks or intrusive personal privacy invasion/thought police to catch and "fix" disruptive individuals.

Maybe an all powerful AI would oversee everyone.

• Advertisement

Yeah... I don't really worry about what a 2000 year old pyramid scheme says in fairness.

The only way we're ever going to fix/control humanities selfish/lazy urges is through generous communism and annual mental health checks or intrusive personal privacy invasion/thought police to catch and "fix" disruptive individuals.

Maybe an all powerful AI would oversee everyone.

That’s nicer than burning them alive imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

No offence to Cork people, but could they not reopen Spike Island again and send all these Dublin knackers down there just as they did up until 2004?

It added immensely to the security of people in Dublin to see programmes on Today Tonight and RTÉ News where huge numbers of Dublin scumbags were on an island off Cork.

This country needs to pull together and it's about time Cork people got behind the capital once again as it tries to attract investment.

That's never going to happen now. Spike Island has become a massive cash cow for Cork county council. It's literally the number 1 ranked tourist attraction in Cork on Trip Advisor.

I actually strongly recommend anyone to see it. You can get the train from the City out to Cobh right along the harbour. You could spend 5 hours easily walking around Spike and not be bored. It's a really unique spot with an amazing history. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

This is a fair thing to report, is it not? He could be 29, 30, 31, it's impossible to know without an exact birth date and perhaps the journalist was not privy to such facts.
    If he was 18 in 2017 as it says in the article, he must be around 20 now.
    If...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Time to start hassling your local TDs on tougher sentencing and more prisons. If enough of us moan they will see it as a way to get votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

So, this special place they were keeping him, the National Violence Reduction Unit is something new. It has only been open a few months and I had never heard of it before.
    It seems we now have our own little Hannibal Lector wing, which accommodates 10 special people.
    Here's an article about it.
    Most of those cells will have double-skin doors. This involves a grill-style door remaining locked with a cell door open. It means while the prisoners can communicate with staff through the grill door, they can not rush at staff opening their cells. The grill door will only be opened when staff are satisfied it is safe..
    ...A large space, with a grill and reinforced glass window for protection, can separate the prisoner from a medical professional or a visitor.

And then they go straight from that to the Electric Picnic campsite.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Want to know How I know you have nothing of value to contribute? You cried Nazi like a good little NPC.

That would be the "leader" of the party you "support".

So no 30/40/50 years without parole or full life in prison. Straight to Death? Ohhh Edgy!!!

Which Utopians have you studied that have such laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They get an automatic 25% off the sentence for remission, otherwise known as Good Behaviour. Even though he committed 250 breaches of good behaviour in prison.

The term madness gets bandied about but that really is complete and utter madness.

In true boards fashion you clearly don’t have a clue. Remission is nothing to do with good behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Living local at the moment in Coolock.

Just great.

Lowlife do gooder politicians sticking up for this guy in court. Blood will be on their hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

What the sentence for similar crimes across Europe?

Advertisement