Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Relaxing fireside, after a brilliant night in Tipp with the relations, having the hair of the dog now, one or two bottles of beer and an early night, no work tomorrow so all is good in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Up to my tits in DIY at the moment. But had a cracking day before that.

Flatpack? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Having a few Belgian beers... 11.7% so I won't be drinking too many as tomorrow is a school day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flatpack? :D

No!
    Putting a nice silent digital timer on the immersion. The old mechanical one was loud. And putting new trim at the bottom of the kitchen cupboards.
    Too much detail?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

No!
    Putting a nice silent digital timer on the immersion. The old mechanical one was loud. And putting new trim at the bottom of the kitchen cupboards.
    Too much detail?!

Look at you all fancy :D

Fairplay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Different Hilton hotel, different city, different room.

Goodnight all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭4Ad

GoneHome wrote: »
    Relaxing fireside, after a brilliant night in Tipp with the relations, having the hair of the dog now, one or two bottles of beer and an early night, no work tomorrow so all is good in the world

Hair on the dog myself...no work tmr either.
    Had a great night myself last night, live music..

Couchside with spotify on through the bluetooth speakers, Twilight Sad singing in their Scottish accent...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ugh freezing rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A lovely day in Dublin. Me Mrs G and little G helping out at a homeless charity event.

High stool and a pint now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting down with feet up watching Irelands fittest family . Not a bad day , dinner over , grave done for Christmas now , hope all you nice people enjoy your Sunday evening :)

This time next week will probably be the start of panic stations for a lot of folks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

I don't have panic stations re Xmas...I do have full blown alcohol laden meltdowns on Dec 23rd that have required hospitalisation on 2 occasions and walking out of work for a month....I really don't do Xmas :)

4Ad wrote: »
    Hair on the dog myself...no work tmr either.
    Had a great night myself last night, live music..

We'd a great night of a trad session as well, the extended family are big into it, met up with alot of the relations again today for lunch before heading home which was only an hour of a drive

I don't have panic stations re Xmas...I do have full blown alcohol laden meltdowns on Dec 23rd that have required hospitalisation on 2 occasions and walking out of work for a month....I really don't do Xmas :)

Gordon Bennett :confused:

I hear you , son here would rather go asleep now and wake up when it's all over tbh .
    I think for a lot of people it's to be endured and just get through it as best we can .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think for a lot of people it's to be endured and just get through it as best we can .

Yes it seems a lot of people are of that way of thinking but I must say the atmosphere in Clonmel yesterday and today was absolutely lovely, a great buzz about the place , in the pub last night with all the relations and a big trad/singing session going on if you could only bottle the goodwill and happy moment it'd keep you going for months, it was spectacular. Better again there's 17 of us heading off to the Canaries just after xmas on our usual Winter holiday :)

GoneHome wrote: »
    Yes it seems a lot of people are of that way of thinking but I must say the atmosphere in Clonmel yesterday and today was absolutely lovely, a great buzz about the place , in the pub last night with all the relations and a big trad/singing session going on if you could only bottle the goodwill and happy moment it'd keep you going for months, it was spectacular. Better again there's 17 of us heading off to the Canaries just after xmas on our usual Winter holiday :)

Oh I agree with you re the buzz and peoples sense of spirit in the lead up to Christmas , but I think the day itself can be a very lonely , down time for many , whether they're surrounded with company or not GH .

Enjoy the holiday , sounds great !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

In bed. The single life is treating me well :)
    * notes no mention of whose *

Airbnbside

good - there is a spare bedroom
    bad - turn on oven trips the main power breaker

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh I agree with you re the buzz and peoples sense of spirit in the lead up to Christmas , but I think the day itself can be a very lonely , down time for many , whether they're surrounded with company or not GH

Oh I agree with you on that, I always find it's quite a boring kind of day, the build up to it and the few days afterwards are always far more enjoyable, the day itself is really only to be endured for what it is

Is 8.5 hours of heating excessive? In the depths of December? Asking for a um friend :o

whats the point of having heating if you dont use it when its cold out?

Did you actually do your 1st bio. shot ? Hope all goes well. Bet Harry could have a very wild week for the sticker price of your fix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fireside post nap. Lovely road trip earlier. Getting ready for dinner.

• Advertisement

No!
    Too much detail?!
    Serious question : does it keep going when the power fails ? if so what is it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

0lddog wrote: »
    whats the point of having heating if you dont use it when its cold out?

Did you actually do your 1st bio. shot ? Hope all goes well. Bet Harry could have a very wild week for the sticker price of your fix :)

Ya and I had to do a loading shot so had two shots 😂, ya did it last night full of bubbles. Said fuuck it now here goes. Got a bit of a fright when it popped but it was fine then the second one hurt a lot more and bled a little so maybe I did it wrong but no bruising and I’m not sick today, god I used to dread taking the methotrexate. Felt a bit sad starting them with the black label warning :( but sure look what’s done is done

I’m in bed now living the dream

Ya and I had to do a loading shot so had two shots 😂, ya did it last night full of bubbles. Said fuuck it now here goes. Got a bit of a fright when it popped but it was fine then the second one hurt a lot more and bled a little so maybe I did it wrong but no bruising and I’m not sick today, god I used to dread taking the methotrexate. Felt a bit sad starting them with the black label warning :( but sure look what’s done is done

I’m in bed now living the dream

Well done. I tend to feel off for 36 hours after doing mine. Hopefully your one doesnt do that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thanks doggie. It only took me 4 months :D

Serious question : does it keep going when the power fails ? if so what is it :confused:

It has an internal back up battery. It's a basic b and q own brand one.

3 kW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

What was the old noisy one?
    Watching TV with my daughter.

3 kW ?

It’s a 4 kw one. Pic below!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy sheet that was an aggravating trip to work, dunno how people who drive for a living do it.. Anyway, deskside, todayfm is playing decent stuff for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement