Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales v Ireland 31/8/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What's wrong with POM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Kilcoyne and Bundi have linked up well twice now.... Or is it three times?
    Both doing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Addison definitely adds another dimension to our counter attack.

With the way Conway is playing he is a cert for Japan which may well rule Addison out. I think the real value of Addison in an Ireland context will be seen post Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Joe looking very worried about POM going down. Says a lot about how much he values him

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What are really learning from this game so far?

We’re competitive when teams aren’t in our faces. I’d say next week if Wales go full compliment then we’ll have a better idea of where we’re at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

Conway/Addison might be playing Larmour off the plane here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

bilston wrote: »
    Addison definitely adds another dimension to our counter attack.

With the way Conway is playing he is a cert for Japan which may well rule Addison out. I think the real value of Addison in an Ireland context will be seen post Japan.

Dunno. If I was Jordan Larmour, I’d be nervous.

so if Ireland win by 15 they are No.1 in the rankings - that couldn't be said with a straight face in all reality if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Akrasia wrote: »
    Joe looking very worried about POM going down. Says a lot about how much he values him

PoM is a nailed down starter in the Irish team. He proves it time and time,

He’s disliked in a couple of places(here particularly) but he’s vital to the Irish back row

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Dunno. If I was Jordan Larmour, I’d be nervous.

Absolutely true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

glasso wrote: »
    so if Ireland win by 15 they are No.1 in the rankings - that couldn't be said with a straight face in all reality if it happens.

We'd be holders of the Raeburn Shield too.

The way this game is going though, given how flat Wales are, any Irish player that isn't shining in this game could well be off the plane.

I'm thinking of Beirne in this category at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Faugheen wrote: »

We’re competitive when teams aren’t in our faces. I’d say next week if Wales go full compliment then we’ll have a better idea of where we’re at.

We’re learning that you can’t read too much into results or performances in preseason warmup games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Faugheen wrote: »

It's a preseason game....

The main point of it is to get players fit and ready for the WC.....

Same as last week, just because Ireland is winning doesn't change that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Very happy with that first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Carty a little bit disappointing for me. Aki having to check for a few passes and missed two kicks you’d expect him to get. Still my 3rd outhalf to go however

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Kilcoyne the stand out
    Conway Carty James Ryan going well

Beirne basically a spectator.

Wouldn't be surprised if Addison and Conway make the plane ahead of Larmour and Henshaw

Larmour in real danger of missing out

Good first half from Ireland.

Some real positives out there. Obviously this Welsh team are nowhere near the level of England from last week so it's hard to compare. But the defensive set up is a lot more solid and there are guys out there who are desperate to get on the plane. Conway and Kilcoyne being the obvious examples of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Clearly it’s more than just getting people fit but who gets on the plane.

Akrasia wrote: »
    We’re learning that you can’t read too much into results or performances in preseason warmup games

But but but... We were able to read so much into last week's game... I'm so confused. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

bennyl10 wrote: »
    PoM is a nailed down starter in the Irish team. He proves it time and time,

He’s disliked in a couple of places(here particularly) but he’s vital to the Irish back row

If he plays well then great.....

But he hasn't and that is why people have called for him to be replaced.....nothing to do with dislike.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Kilcoyne the stand out

Wouldn't be surprised if Addison and Conway make the plane ahead of Larmour and Henshaw

Stockdale looks good too. Just needs to hold the ball with 2 hands in contact

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That was a very good start by Ireland at the end of that half bar having that last kick at the posts. They have this game in their control which was badly needed against England last week. Wales look like they haven't got a plan onboard their side in this match. They will look deflated after they will be off to the dressing rooms when Gatland speaks down to them.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Carty a little bit disappointing for me. Aki having to check for a few passes and missed two kicks you’d expect him to get. Still my 3rd outhalf to go however

I think Carty's level dipped a little bit as the half went on. But he started very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

kuang1 wrote: »
    The way this game is going though, given how flat Wales are, any Irish player that isn't shining in this game could well be off the plane.

I'm thinking of Beirne in this category at the mo.

I've hardly seen him, Conan or John Ryan run with the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Farrell and Beirne have been quiet I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

kuang1 wrote: »
    But but but... We were able to read so much into last week's game... I'm so confused. :)

Gatty looking to tire us out and deliver the hammer blow next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Kilcoyne the stand out

Beirne has been shocking today haven’t seen him at all.

Kilcoyne Addison and Conway really putting hands up !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I’d read nothing into today at all. The Wales 2nds v the England 1sts is not a fair comparison at all. I’d imagine the coaches aren’t putting much weight into the games other than fitness for everyone. If they mattered that much we wouldn’t have seen guys dropped after Italy who didn’t even get to play in that game. Bar having a shocker in a game or a brilliant performance I’d say what goes on behind the scenes is as important

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Just caught the second twenty of the first half. Addison looking rather good. Kilkoyne also. Am I right? Who else has had a good game? How have the back row done?

Advertisement