Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English mechanic leaves €1.7 million tax free to Sinn Féin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

This English Mechanic Story doesnt seem to add up:D

Willie Frazer would hit the roof if he heard that story but hes passed away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Nothing about the £450k the DUP got from an unnamed source to fund posters and full page ads in London newspapers against brexit.

Conveniently never brought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I'm most surprised the dead guys name was "William"

This is a non story being spun by bias media, not that I would piss on Sinn Fein if it was on fire.

lovely way to launder a bit of cash if you think of it. get an aul fella sympathetic, get him to square it off with a solicitor and bobs yr dead uncle whos left you a few million all above board.

beats running drugs/protection rackets/building fire-hazard apartment blocks doesn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

lovely way to launder a bit of cash if you think of it. get an aul fella sympathetic, get him to square it off with a solicitor and bobs yr dead uncle whos left you a few million all above board.

beats running drugs/protection rackets/building fire-hazard apartment blocks doesn't it
    That makes a lot of sense. But what political party and what leader would be able brazen such a thing out while keeping a straight face...
    LOL

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Is it fine tuning from Sinn Fein ?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

It’s very timely too, it’s costs a lot of money to drive Mary Lou to the endless pride parades.

vladmydad wrote: »
    It’s very timely too, it’s costs a lot of money to drive Mary Lou to the endless pride parades.
    At least they don’t drag her there !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

I shudder at the though that these criminals are looking to get into government.

If they did get a long run in power and Ireland left the EU (or the EU broke up), it doesn't take too much fantasy to imagine an Ireland of the future potentially becoming a present day Venezuela.

kevcos wrote: »
    I shudder at the though that these criminals are looking to get into government.

If they did get a long run in power and Ireland left the EU (or the EU broke up), it doesn't take too much fantasy to imagine an Ireland of the future potentially becoming a present day Venezuela.
    Without the oil .:eek:

Mind you FF had a good go at doing it .:eek:

Leo on his knees to the Eu:eek:

We are not exactly spoilt for choice :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

kevcos wrote: »

Ffs, would you get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Nothing about the £450k the DUP got from an unnamed source to fund posters and full page ads in London newspapers against brexit.

Brought up fairly regularly when discussing Brexit.

I don't expect any better from them though. They don't sit in the dail or present themselves as representing me. Their incompetence, corruption and bigotry will yet be the end of them.

Maybe even money well spent when I see how they have totally ****ed themselves. :pac:

Brought up fairly regularly when discussing Brexit.

I don't expect any better from them though. They don't sit in the dail or present themselves as representing me. Their incompetence, corruption and bigotry will yet be the end of them.

Maybe even money well spent when I see how they have totally ****ed themselves. :pac:

Yet another DUP councilor reported today securing thousands for sons business.

They’re up to their neck in the aul shady dealings.

But look over there! The SF are at it too!

Yet another DUP councilor reported today securing thousands for sons business.

They’re up to their neck in the aul shady dealings.

But look over there! The SF are at it too!
    The Dup could do with a mechanic to get this stuff to run more smoothly;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

This story? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/electoral-commission-drops-dup-brexit-funding-inquiry-1.3584872

Yep, as you say, absolutely nothing about in the Irish Times! :rolleyes:

Portsalon wrote: »
    This story? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/electoral-commission-drops-dup-brexit-funding-inquiry-1.3584872

Yep, as you say, absolutely nothing about in the Irish Times! :rolleyes:

It’s not anything like on the scale the SF story is though. Outlets up north are all over it. They weren’t with the DUP money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Is it April 1st? Time for a career change if it isn't.
    Nothing about the £450k the DUP got from an unnamed source to fund posters and full page ads in London newspapers against brexit. Conveniently never brought up.

You have. Has been brought up by the media on a number of occasions also.
    Yet another DUP councilor reported today securing thousands for sons business. They’re up to their neck in the aul shady dealings. But look over there! The SF are at it too!

The DUP are not politically active in the RoI though. Far better off mentioning FF or FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The Blame Game lads on BBC NI will make great hay out of this, if they ever get back.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    The Blame Game lads on BBC NI will make great hay out of this, if they ever get back.
    Has Brexit got them . Its going to get everything according to some :eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Wonder did Jarry send in anything to check if they were ticking over nicely?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭99problems1

Was this 1.5m accounted for and taxed on by the old man?

If not, the money should be taxed first and then donated.

For political parties Tax is for there for others .

The Indo seem to have focused all their energies going at FG all summer since the sale and now SF. You’d wonder why.

You won’t believe what the money was for

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1168886920530792449?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Silly woman! Instead of using her son's printing business for the job, she should have called up The Snod and asked him would he arrange to have them printed on one of his top notch laser printers! Snoddy's rates are much lower because the taxpayer supplies all of his consumables!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I give devise and bequeath to my Executors and Trustees, Joe Cahill and Dessie Mackin in trust for the political party in the Republic of Ireland known at this time as Sinn Fein
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/english-mechanic-decided-to-leave-1-5m-to-sinn-f%C3%A9in-while-living-in-mobile-home-in-ireland-1.4004470

it says he donated it to Sinn Fein in the Republic not Sinn Fein NI/UK...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

SF is an open borders party with main HQ in Dublin.

recedite wrote: »
    SF is an open borders party with main HQ in Dublin.

and bank accounts in the Virgin Islands.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yez are a terribly suspicous lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Well DUH. Jesus.

In order for the proceeds of a will to be distributed any outstanding tax must first be paid - clearly it's been examined by HMRC if they've determined there's no tax due to the beneficiary.

Advertisement