Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZeroZeroZero - Sky Original - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not his whole career, he lasted longer in Bracken

fryup wrote: »
    not his whole career, he lasted longer in Bracken

he hasn't got an oscar nomination in his whole career....

still time

still time

Only if he got the right film built around him - maybe a Christian-brother based Garbriel Byrne star vehicle..... "My left fist" ?

just watched the final episode again,

i've got some questions...

1. what was the significance of the old woman at the seaside villa and the holy cards?

2. did Emma mastermind the overthrow of Lyanas Brothers? did she recruit the renegade soldier?

• Advertisement

1. what was the significance of the old woman at the seaside villa and the holy cards?

2. did Emma mastermind the overthrow of Lyanas Brothers? did she recruit the renegade soldier?

watched it a year ago so can't really remember tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The old woman is the way to contact Don Minu.
    They use the holy cards as some sort of code.

Can't answer the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just finished it.
    Thought it started slow, was decent in the middle and ran out of a bit of steam in the end.

But the one question I have is
    Why was Setafo trying to stop the shipment in the first place ?

Did he want to get rid of Don Minu and take over ?

If he did why did he burn all the cash ?
    He could have just hid it

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

^ I'm afraid to quote the above in case it unhides the spoiler tags, but I too was quite confused by Stefanos methods throughout. Just when I thought I had a handle on what was going on on the Italian side, he'd do something that left me scratching my head.
    I was fine with the other two storylines, but parts of the Italian one just didn't make sense to me......

^^^^^^^
    Here's my synopsis of the italian story....
    Stefano wanted to get revenge for his father who was killed by his grandfather many years previous for indiscipline, so he teams up with another family the Bellantone's in a plot to stop the cocaine shipment so as to undermine his grandfather's command in that particular region and mount a takeover, but his Grandfather got wise to this and gave Stefano an ultimatum to give total loyalty to him or face the consequences, Stefano reluctantly agrees but doesn't tell the Bellantone's this...but when the Bellatone's find out Stefano has turned they demand that Stefano still goes through with the original plan of stopping the cocaine shipment.

So Stefano & Bellatone's head off to Casablanca to confront the Lynwoods but as we know everything goes pear shaped, and poor ol'Stefano ends up getting snuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Went in to this series with high hopes but the whole thing ended up feeling pretty flat. On the plus side it is beautifully shot but ultimately it collapsed on average writing.

A series with this subject matter should always carry the element of surprise but nothing about this series was surprising. The acting was pretty good across the board but acting can't hide a poor script. The slow motion and flashback sequences became pretty tiresome quickly. I imagine they were used to cover the weak writing and an attempt to build suspense, but they failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its at best mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭newmember2

I heard a recommendation for this from Don Letts no less, so checked it out and have to say I'm struggling to continue to watch - and I'm not even finished episode 2 yet.
    I look online and it has rave reviews all over the place...wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

newmember? wrote: »

People like different things?

yep, and i for one thought it was excellent, the best TV drama i've seen since Trust

(and some people hated Trust)

lertsnim wrote: »
    People like different things?

Serious question...have IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes scores just become meaningless and no real indicator of anything?

Serious question...have IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes scores just become meaningless and no real indicator of anything?

IMDB is a good indicator I would say

more a case of mass-ADHD imo, people "watching" and flicking over and back to web-browsing and twitter etc every 2 minutes instead of actually watching something, taking 2 hours or more to watch a 1 hour episode :pac:

yep, and i for one thought it was excellent, the best TV drama i've seen since Trust

(and some people hated Trust)

zerozerozero is not perfect but certainly better than the vast majority of the dross out there

I heard a recommendation for this from Don Letts no less, so checked it out and have to say I'm struggling to continue to watch - and I'm not even finished episode 2 yet.

its not terrible by any means but its all been done before and better

the son with hutchinsons disease annoys me , hes like a yank alfie allen

glasso wrote: »
    zerozerozero is not perfect but certainly better than the vast majority of the dross out there

bang on average in my view but sure what do i know

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Gabriel Byrnes son reminded me of Alfie Allen which makes him very unlikeable indeed

otherwise it was stylish and enjoyable if not exactly over original
    bang on average in my view but sure what do i know?

I suppose so

its not terrible by any means but its all been done before and better

the son with hutchinsons disease annoys me , hes like a yank alfie allen

All I can say about what I've watched of it so far is that it's not good. It looks good but then just fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Solid tv.

I moved on to 'The Night Of' which I immediately liked and six episodes in am really enjoying.
    I guess life is too short and there are too many box sets!

Good stuff, what more could you want - Riz Ahmed, John Turturro, and OMAR!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have watched 6 of the 8 so far, and as someone described above, its 'solid'. Its not up there with the great shows of the last decade or more, but a decent 6.5/10 for me.

May go up or down depending on the next 2 episodes.

Its big budget, very cinematic and all, but a bit hotch potch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Finished it off. Didn't do enough to gain much more in the score dept.

Maybe a 7/10 max.

Very violent show too.

i did enjoy last nights episode , one where they bump into Islamic State

while certainly no classic , i have to say it has grown on me , actress playing Gabriel Byrnes daughter is superb and her brother is an interesting character

looking forward to the finale next week

7 out of 10 for me

next week?? sure why not watch it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I didn't actually realise I was watching the finale until I tried to play episode nine.

Advertisement