Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZeroZeroZero - Sky Original - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wonder why it took Sky so long to show a Sky original. I imagine many have already seen it via other methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

its a great show, sky have been knocking it out of the park with regards to the series recently

dzilla wrote: »
    its a great show, sky have been knocking it out of the park with regards to the series recently

personally would consider this more an Amazon production given that they released it pretty much a year ago.

most of Sky's solo work is pretty poor on the whole

e.g. that Gangs of London muck would be typical of their work - initially glossy but ultimately crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

dzilla wrote: »

What are some good shows on Sky atm? Netflix offering is pretty poor atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gabriel Byrnes son reminded me of Alfie Allen which makes him very unlikeable indeed

otherwise it was stylish and enjoyable if not exactly over original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

show is very watchable so far. episode 2 was well done. its a massive step down in quality from Gomorrah which is made by the same guy. but still ok. no more than 7/10 from me.

unplayable wrote: »
    show is very watchable so far. episode 2 was well done. its a massive step down in quality from Gomorrah which is made by the same guy. but still ok. no more than 7/10 from me.

you can't really make a series rating after 2 episodes tbh

personally I liked it better than Gomorrah (the tv series) overall.

wadacrack wrote: »
    What are some good shows on Sky atm? Netflix offering is pretty poor atm.

Gomorrah
    Il Miracolo / The miracle
    Devils
    1992 - 1993 - 1994
    Save Me

glasso wrote: »
    personally would consider this more an Amazon production given that they released it pretty much a year ago.

e.g. that Gangs of London muck would be typical of their work - initially glossy but ultimately crap.

It was on Sky in other regions last May, just later coming to Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Watched the first two episodes and found it a bit ponderous. It aims for a big global sweep of the drugs trade but I couldn't connect with the characters or the pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭amacca

glasso wrote: »

I tend to agree, I wasn't that impressed with Sky stuff

However I quite liked gangs of London up until the last couple of episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it as good as Narcos Mexico?

Watched the first two episodes and found it a bit ponderous. It aims for a big global sweep of the drugs trade but I couldn't connect with the characters or the pace.

you have to give it another couple of episodes.

the two siblings are a bit annoying initially but get developed more as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its just ok , il stick with it though

its not reinventing the wheel , thats for sure

anyone answer my above question ? please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

fryup wrote: »
    anyone answer my above question ? please

It's subjective to be fair. I think I preferred Narcos Mexico on balance but Zero Zero Zero is worth a watch and others may think it's better.

watched the first two episodes last night, very impressed so far

what's the illness the young lad has?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

watched the first two episodes last night, very impressed so far

Not sure , got much better after the first 2-3 episodes I found

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

I moved on to 'The Night Of' which I immediately liked and six episodes in am really enjoying.
    I guess life is too short and there are too many box sets!

i'm 4 episodes in and i think its excellent

what's with the corrupt soldier listening to religious podcasts? is it to clear his conscience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Huntington disease

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ElJaguar

I found it very good. Similiar style and feel to the Sicario movies.
    I thought the best bits were with the Mexican drug cartel/deserter soldiers.

I wasn't particularly convinced by the Lynwood family story arc but Andrea Riseborough's performance was impressive.

ElJaguar wrote: »

I wasn't particularly convinced by the Lynwood family story arc but Andrea Riseborough's performance was impressive.

she's developing into a fine actress, first national treasure and now this

future oscar winner i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

i'm 4 episodes in and i think its excellent

what's with the corrupt soldier listening to religious podcasts? is it to clear his conscience?
    That, and in the first place I suppose, moral justification for a clear conscience.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Watched this a few weeks back, very good series and I’m hoping for a second series with different characters like Fargo

Not happening.

Article from last week.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/05/zerozerozero-season-2/
    IS ZEROZEROZERO SEASON 2 CONFIRMED?

No, there will be no ZeroZeroZero season 2. The creator has confirmed this in interviews, explaining that it’s a mini-series.

Speaking with Variety, creator Stefano Sollima said:

“No. ZeroZeroZero is actually a mini-series. It’s eight episodes, and the season ends there.”

Finished it last night and thought it was excellent! excellent acting, excellent script, excellent storyline.

Loved the way they reran a scene showing it from a different perspective, and also liked the way in some episodes the opening credits didn't start until a quarter of the way in, very unique.

The star of the series for me was Dane DeHaan the guy who played Chris, he's an oscar winner in the making..and if they ever make a David bowie biopic surely he'll have to play the leading role he's the spit of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

ElJaguar wrote: »
    I found it very good. Similiar style and feel to the Sicario movies.
    I thought the best bits were with the Mexican drug cartel/deserter soldiers.

Sicario 2 & ZZZ are directed by the same person, Stefano Sollima. He's one of the best directors around in my opinion. He's one of the only directors I can think of that has managed to make two top class series, Gomorrah & Romanzo Criminale. All his other work varies for good to very good, so I'm looking forward to whatever he does next.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

she's developing into a fine actress, first national treasure and now this

future oscar winner i reckon
    Finished it last night and thought it was excellent! excellent acting, excellent script, excellent storyline.

Loved the way they reran a scene showing it from a different perspective, and also liked the way in some episodes the opening credits didn't start until a quarter of the way in, very unique.

The star of the series for me was Dane DeHaan the guy who played Chris, he's an oscar winner in the making..and if they ever make a David bowie biopic surely he'll have to play the leading role he's the spit of him.

two future Oscar winners in the one mini series - big calls :D

Poor auld Gabriel never got a nomination

ya but poor auld Gabriel only lasted one episode, same with his outing in The Vikings iirc

• Advertisement

ya but poor auld Gabriel only lasted one episode, same with his outing in The Vikings iirc

over his whole career

Advertisement