Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZeroZeroZero - Sky Original - (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 30-08-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭

From the makers of Gomorrah starring Gabriel Byrne.
    The drama will chart family dynamics, Mexican cartels, the ‘Ndrangheta (the Calabrian mafia) and corrupt businessmen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Amazon have the worldwide rights to this.

out now.

have watched about half the episodes in this eight parter.

someone described it "a mix of Narcos and the movie Sicario" and that's a fair reflection overall. gritty vibe to it.

I'd recommend it. It's good stuff. has three different sets of story characters who are all connected in the chain.

prefer it to the Gomorrah series tbh as I found the characters to be too cartoony in that.

finished this.

anybody got into it?

8.5/10.

definitely not an advert for getting into the world of drug smuggling.

Liked the Italian aspect of it the best.

The mexican part was a bit too Scarface but I suppose that life is actually so cheap there

The 2 american characters were a bit of a drag at the start but grow on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Is it on the sky box? Or amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just finished this as well. Really enjoyed it but definitely found the italian parts more interesting. The brother could be a bit annoying but the sister was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Just watched episode 1. As gritty as I had hoped. Looks good so far. Is it a standalone series or have they made room for a second series?

motley wrote: »
    Just watched episode 1. As gritty as I had hoped. Looks good so far. Is it a standalone series or have they made room for a second series?

Plenty of scope for a second series.

Plenty of scope for a second series.

they could do a second series maybe but this was based on a book of which there is only one and all the points have been made imo.

I don't think that a sequel would have anything much to say and I doubt that there will be one.

glasso wrote: »
    they could do a second series maybe but this was based on a book of which there is only one and all the points have been made imo.

I don't think that a sequel would have anything much to say and I doubt that there will be one.

They created a universe with some good characters. No reason they couldn't tell other stories in the same universe

They created a universe with some good characters. No reason they couldn't tell other stories in the same universe

The story came to a natural end imo and plenty of the main characters are dead (or indeed too old in one case).

Also, some of the characters don't have much depth at all really e.g. the Mexican ex-army guy.

Personally I don't see the point of continuing with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Pretty decent take on the international drug trade as a Gomorrah/Narcos hybrid. The 3-angle format (buyer/broker/seller) could easily make it an anthology-type series concept-wise, possibly even with some crossover. As it's based on a single book though, it'd take a lot of work, and I'm not sure the viewer figures could justify it.

The reason for the title is in this piece:
    https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/03/9509591/is-amazon-series-zerozerozero-based-on-a-true-story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Any way to watch this outside of Sky? It's not on Amazon

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

If this is on Amazon Prime Video, how come I can't find it on my Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TomTomTim wrote: »

It hasn't been aired yet on Sky. Amazon Prime had the rights outside most of Europe for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Huge fan of Gommorah so was looking forward to this and it was clear how it was influenced by it but I thought it could have been better. Italian story was the best and I'd love to see a stand alone Calbrian Mafia series some day, Mexican story started off well but went a bit stale and wasn't a fan of the American Broker siblings from the start. It seemed like it was trying to do too much and ended up with something mediocre in the end. I read the book years before it came out and didn't know what to expect regarding characters and story as there's so many different people in it and not really a strict plot like in the series.

it's better than mediocre imo.

pretty decent.

as said the Mexican bit was a bit cartoonish but that's the bit that reminded me of the the Gomorrah tv series characters actually.

one of the better series this year so far for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

pretty decent.

as said the Mexican bit was a bit cartoonish but that's the bit that reminded me of the the Gomorrah tv series characters actually.

Yeah; for me it was pretty interesting, but more so shows a lot of promise for interesting storytelling in relation to a vicious business on the international level. It's got a lot of scope if was to look at the different ways the business gets done at this level.

Yeah; for me it was pretty interesting, but more so shows a lot of promise for interesting storytelling in relation to a vicious business on the international level. It's got a lot of scope if was to look at the different ways the business gets done at this level.

I'd be surprised if they go with a second season but could happen I suppose.

if they were to put up the money for it could possibly be more interesting to do different settings (e.g. heroin from Afghanistan through Europe) with different characters, especially since they have already covered the material from the book that is in existence.

pretty decent.

Ye I'm possibly being harsh but it wasn't super engaging after a certain point for me. After reading the book years ago and being a huge fan of Gommorah I was expecting alot so that didn't help things but it could have been alot better. The Mexican line had great potential and started off great but became boring after awhile.

Ye I'm possibly being harsh but it wasn't super engaging after a certain point for me. After reading the book years ago and being a huge fan of Gommorah I was expecting alot so that didn't help things but it could have been alot better. The Mexican line had great potential and started off great but became boring after awhile.

I disliked the american bro and sis at the outset but they grew on me as they were fleshed out a bit over the series

the Italian part was the best for sure.

the Mexican ex-soldier dude character development was just too crude really.

• Advertisement

I disliked the american bro and sis at the outset but they grew on me as they were fleshed out a bit over the series

the Italian part was the best for sure.

the Mexican ex-soldier dude character development was just too crude really.

Some plot points I wasn't a fan of as well. Even on the Italian part which I liked the most. The sibling broker story had so many of them. I'm a big fan of Gommorah and it's guilty of this as well but we all love Ciro and Genny so it doesn't bother me as much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

skimpydoo wrote: »
    If this is on Amazon Prime Video, how come I can't find it on my Irish account?

It's not on the Irish or UK version on Prime Video. Sky own the rights here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

TomTomTim wrote: »

If you have a vpn look for a Canada East one and use Prime video. I've just finished watching it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I wonder why Sky haven't aired this here yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Probably saving it? January maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On Sky Atlantic or Sky 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

All episodes released 4th February on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭amacca

Just watched it on Sky and enjoyed it.....hadnt really switched my brain on nut can see what people mean about Mexican part being a bit cartoonish
    even the Leyras not recognising the threat a group like the vampires represent - what kind of amateurs ate they that they provide a special forces trained group with weapons and don't take steps to protect themselves- i. Fact how the hell did they get to the top being that lax
    and then there's the American siblings.........
    I thought as I was watching it there's no way they survive in that world...
    and when the brother rather conveniently made a Senegalese friend with connections to make a deal to get them out of the port (a bit eyebrow raising too
    etc

Still enjoyed it a hell of a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watched the first episode, not bad at all I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This is very good, surprised theirs not more praise for it. Very gritty probably the reason why.

Advertisement