Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Reggie. wrote: »
    Oh she will have no hassle getting the weight down with the powerharrow, guttler or tanker

Also that running weight is without any oil or fuel in her so you add upto 500kg extra onto that weight. My girl is running roughly 5.5ton at least full of fuel and myself in the cab.

After that you have the brackets for the loader

Not gonna admit how much weight I add :D

Quoted as operating weight rather than shipping weight so I would have thought that was oiled up and ready to go but I may not be right there. P/h & Guttler wont be adding weight once they are in the ground and the tanker will have most of its weight on it's own axle, especially going uphill. Just something to consider is all, if you have no issues now I wouldn't change but you will do more damage on a greasy bank with wider tyres if she isn't biting, not to mention the dangers of it.

There is a big push in tyre sizes in the last few years, throughout all sizes of machinery, 650/65/38's have become 650/65/42 or 650/85/38's and even the farmers tractors have gone from 460's to 520/540's with some going to 600's. More expense and no extra performance, less if anything. Might be worth inquiring with dealer if any of them have gone out on 600's. One advantage you would get is a bit more weight on the backend from the tyres alone might help with road work on the tanker. But I would best 540 michellens will grip better than 600 BKT's, clean better and be able for more weight at lower pressures.

Each to their own though, you know your setup best. Let us know how you go with pricing, if youre thinking of selling your own try and sell while they are still on the tractor at least then people buying will know theyre genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does anyone know of all 14ft tipping trailers come with tapered bodies - i.e. wider at back than front?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Does anyone know of all 14ft tipping trailers come with tapered bodies - i.e. wider at back than front?

Some do but youd nearly want to ask for them to be built that way

Just seen this while looking for something else. Wouldn't be much use on the roads here. Must be some big finisher using it to take loads to the processors

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonTrailers/posts/3087380808002881?__tn__=-R

That's an artic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭emaherx

Just seen this while looking for something else. Wouldn't be much use on the roads here. Must be some big finisher using it to take loads to the processors

I looked at a smaller trailer by them when I was looking for a cattle trailer, they were a bit pricey. But incredibly well spec'd.

I like those electric stock gates and the buffer zone - nice safety features.
    Full width slurry catchment is something that IW should replicate on their sub 3.5 T range - many of the others have it. The two plug holes are a balls for clogging up and the rear lip is only for tripping on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

The remote control ramp is an excellent idea for a safety feature

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I like the safety zone for the dividing gate. I don't like the gap in the automatic stock gates but I do like the idea. Auto steering axles is just something to go wrong.

The remote control ramp is an excellent idea for a safety feature

The stocks gates impress me more. Although I wonder would they be able to push the stragglers on in.
    In my experience closing/opening up the gates is the most dangerous part of loading/unloading cattle.
    Wondering now if a mechanical means can be done with a long lever.

• Advertisement

Another interesting one. Custom build porter flatbed with extensions. Bound to be a few home made versions of this about.

MzkxN2ZiMGEwNjgzNjA4NjQ1NWQ4OGZjNTIzZTVlNjGqSzVZst2QjdQgexficwERaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEyNDcxNTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

ZjQ1YmJkNTBjYzkyMjFkY2RjNDkzMjU5ZDQ3MTk4ZTB34qHZBIbTdcFJ585MOW58aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEyNDcxNjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/16ft-flatbed-porter-trailer/25346726

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

Not bad value that for a triaxle.

Anyone know why when I go onto eBay uk. I can only see listings that have Irish postage included on them? I've turned off location etc on my phone but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

enricoh wrote: »
    Not bad value that for a triaxle.

Anyone know why when I go onto eBay uk. I can only see listings that have Irish postage included on them? I've turned off location etc on my phone but no joy.

You probably registered with an Irish address, and have an Irish address set as your primary address.....If you have a Parcel Motel account, go into settings on eBay and set your Parcel Motel address as your primary address. You can change your primary address in settings as often as you like...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Base price wrote: »
    I like the safety zone for the dividing gate. I don't like the gap in the automatic stock gates but I do like the idea. Auto steering axles is just something to go wrong.

The dividing gate mod is a great idea and all cattle bodies should be designed like that imo. As for the gap in the auto gates I'd say it's to prevent legs getting caught if the gates closed flush. I'm not sure if it's that practical of an idea due to the length of time it took for them to close in the video. It would reduce the risk of a kick when closing the loading gates but wild cattle are inclined to turn and run off the trailer if the gates aren't closed quickly. The lifting ram on the ramp is a nice feature although modern ramps aren't overly heavy and it's another thing to go wrong in years to come.

Reggie - what pressure have you the tyres at currently?

Reggie - what pressure have you the tyres at currently?

Now theres a good question.

In repainting a tractor cab,
    Has anyone ever put a laquer on over the top coat of paint to protect it, it is it needed at all? Should the paint be good enough?

Paint itself should be sufficient. Not heard of anyone putting on laquer. If it is well prepped then that should be all that is needed. 2 pack top coat over 2 pack primer should leave a good finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭emaherx

Replaced the timing case on my 698T yesterday.

50285173807_4a1bd50247_k-edited.jpg?resize=1200%2C750&ssl=1

50285173532_9f8c6d4614_k-edited.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&ssl=1

https://farmer-eds-shed.com/698t-engine-trouble-part-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Drove a 4512 weidemann the other day, found ot a bit cramped and not that quick, I have a skidsteer which is very nimble. Anyone have any experience with a jcb 520-40

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Can anyone explain why there are so few buckrake s for sale in the south compared to the north.put "buckrake" into donedeal and you get 1 ad in munster and 67 ads in ulster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

K.G. wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why there are so few buckrake s for sale in the south compared to the north.put "buckrake" into donedeal and you get 1 ad in munster and 67 ads in ulster

I would say there are very few outfits pushing up silage with a buckrake now in the South - maybe some old school lads and they are getting fewer and fewer, and probably not changing the buckrake that often. JCB and Volvo rule the pits in Ireland - whereas up north and in UK i would say it is still mostly tractor and buckrake pushing up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Silage pike or silage fork more common name for them than buckrake down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Even if you hadn't used the buck rake on silage for years ( and people do put them on front linkages) for all you'd get, it's hardly worth selling.
    And it'll always come in useful for some jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Even if you hadn't used the buck rake on silage for years ( and people do put them on front linkages) for all you'd get, it's hardly worth selling.
    A pipe burst on the 50b a couple of weeks ago during the rain/storm. Our seldom used push off buck rake was hauled out of the back of a shed, on the back of the tractor within minutes and drawing bales of hay into a shed.
    A power transport box would be another "must have" implement on our farm.

Nekarsulm wrote: »

But does that explain why you have loads up north and none down south.my own take on it is the hardworking nirthern folk have only recently given up cutting their own silage whereas the more lazy southerners have given upwith a long time.(im deep south).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

But does that explain why you have loads up north and none down south.my own take on it is the hardworking nirthern folk have only recently given up cutting their own silage whereas the more lazy southerners have given upwith a long time.(im deep south).

Might be more a case of the lads up north investing in new machinery and lads in the south picking up the good second hand stuff when it become available up north?
    Most lads who might cut their own silage here down south would be shopping on the second hand market (myself included)

mythos110 wrote: »
    Might be more a case of the lads up north investing in new machinery and lads in the south picking up the good second hand stuff when it become available up north?
    Most lads who might cut their own silage here down south would be shopping on the second hand market (myself included)

Ah yeah me too ,wagon bales or harvester?currently eye out for bigger buckrake for loader

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

Ah yeah me too ,wagon bales or harvester?currently eye out for bigger buckrake for loader

JF1050 trailed harvester. We have a decent sized loader with a non-push-off rake/fork/pike on the front

mythos110 wrote: »
    JF1050 trailed harvester. We have a decent sized loader with a non-push-off rake/fork/pike on the front

We hire wagon in as the drivers havent license yet and tractor would struggle with it.we kinda have good back up now if something goes down as we have 2 mowers and 3 options for buckraking so we hopefully can always finish the job.if you keep an eye out you can pick nice gear for small money enough if you spot the diamonds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

There's something in the water in the 6 counties. They've a nose for everything.

Advertisement