Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

hopeso wrote: »
    Apparently, the wheels aren't the originals....

That's a hefty price tag though :eek:

That armrest must not be original either !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭orm0nd

satstheway wrote: »
    That armrest must not be original either !!

digits on clock would indicate it had been tampered with

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

orm0nd wrote: »
    digits on clock would indicate it had been tampered with

There are two red numbers/dials on it. It says 53099. And 7 dials total.

300 series here and it has 5 dials on the clock. Not sure what happens if it hits 9999.9!

Maybe it will loop back around and when it shows 530 again we can try to sell it for 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

More like 5530 hours i think. just a well minded one. bit like the one i bought some years back. uk import sold by a main dealer here. the hour clock is unable to move to the number 5 to start clocking 5000 hours. so never has anymore than 4999 hours on it.

No pick up hitch on the back of it either by the looks of it. Must be an import from the continent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

No pick up hitch on the back of it either by the looks of it. Must be an import from the continent

It says Denmark on a plate in one photo....

Did 390’s ever have the chassis painted that colour either?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

hopeso wrote: »
    It says Denmark on a plate in one photo....

Did 390’s ever have the chassis painted that colour either?

The Danes in general are very good to mind their gear, there could be 10,530 hours on that. I worked on a farm in Denmark many moons ago. I was ploughing with the back window open on new a MF 3060, boss was giving out about the dust in the cab. I remember saying something about how I loved the smell. Same man had a MF 590 with a 50km top speed.

edit DT, the heavy clevis hitch would be normal in Denmark too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

513461.jpeg
    Invested in a 2nd hand Mchale 991 BE a few weeks back with 11,100 bales on the clock. Farmer owned machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

The Cat would be grand as a scraper tractor around the yard. The case would handy out on the topper or doing a bit of hedge cutting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭maidhc

I finally got this machine more or less finished:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108617558&postcount=8298

Happy with the result:

513885.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looks good. There is a fair few years left it in.
    Did you manage to all of the work yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭maidhc

Looks good. There is a fair few years left it in.
    Did you manage to all of the work yourself?

No. I did the electrics, respraying, the light fabrication on the cab, and other odds and ends. Neighbour jcb mechanic did the mechanicals, another neighbour fabricator did the lineboring, bushings and countless other bits, aaa glass refitted the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,372 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The Cat would be grand as a scraper tractor around the yard. The case would handy out on the topper or doing a bit of hedge cutting

I think he was on about the bungy tow rope. No need to take up the slack as it does it for ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Try pulling most Irish tractors like that and it and the driver would end up in the next parish/county.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Try pulling most Irish tractors like that and it and the driver would end up in the next parish/county.

Ya, snapped chain would do some damage too.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I don't know how he got stuck in the first place. The ground didn't look particularly wet and it didn't look like he was pulling or drawing anything. He looked well buried though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I don't know how he got stuck in the first place. The ground didn't look particularly wet and it didn't look like he was pulling or drawing anything. He looked well buried though!

Some of that ground in the states would look 100% but you'd go to China if you drove in on it.. Amazing really

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Always wondered how much use you would get out of one of those kinetic ropes before they were out, would be useful for one of our glas meadows here. Got stuck four times ploughing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

• Advertisement

Not really machinery unless you consider the trailer, but from the same twitter yoke is a video of how they load cattle in Brazil!

https://twitter.com/StaLuziaEsteio/status/1263552111847124994

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Not really machinery unless you consider the trailer, but from the same twitter yoke is a video of how they load cattle in Brazil!

https://twitter.com/StaLuziaEsteio/status/1263552111847124994

It's definitely not the first time those stock were loaded like that, they'd nearly walk up themselves if left to it. The oldest cow I have is the same, open up the trailer and stand to one side and she's up the ramp. She knows it means fresh grass at this stage, I wish the rest were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It's definitely not the first time those stock were loaded like that, they'd nearly walk up themselves if left to it. The oldest cow I have is the same, open up the trailer and stand to one side and she's up the ramp. She knows it means fresh grass at this stage, I wish the rest were the same.
    We find it's easier to move calves that are weaned off milk from the rearing shed to the other yard which is c.150/200yds away in either the jeep trailer or the small lorry. They'll run up the ramp with a bit of straw on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

As an aside, I can't see/play videos that have been posted recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Great tool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

adne wrote: »
    Great tool

Oh they make fencing fierce easy alright

Base price wrote: »
    As an aside, I can't see/play videos that have been posted recently ?

If you click on the twitter link it will take you to the twitter page and it might play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I think I read somewhere that's parts of the state's may have 20ft deposits of topsoil something to do with ice age deposits. So if they were wet patches they could be deep.
    Also saw another tweet warning of chain use in such situations where a man had lost a neighbour due to the chain snapping and coming thru the cab. Have a 12 tonne rated chain here, nothing like the length of those yokes but makes you wonder if those properly rated slings would be worth having even if it may not be used for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

adne wrote: »
    Great tool

Have one here, a super job and easy to give wire a little squeeze after a while if it starts to drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

514593.JPG
    Demo sprayer this week, it's genuinely huge.

Advertisement