Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Demo sprayer this week, it's genuinely huge.

The length of it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What does it weigh with a full tank?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

On air, what’s top road speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

mayota wrote: »
    On air, what’s top road speed?

62km in theory going by display.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Would you ever be tempted to get a front mounted boom?

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    What does it weigh with a full tank?

23 tons if had 8000l of fert or around 22 with water.
    It gains nearly 1.5tons nearly empty over a 4k lt tank.
    I know our land already doesnt love a big 4k lt machine at best of times. The amazone use a chasis bought from agrifac with their own set up on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Could anyone recommend a good manual adblue pump ? I have one like the link attached but it's useless and wont reach to the bottom of the barrel. There's still 2 drums left in it

https://toolsidee.co.uk/product/hbm-barrel-pump-for-adblue-and-water-base-liquids-P6921.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCs_962D9BXrm9PEur0AWela3wVw_yl7g1pysFcCVVGUlXdlN_jGhLBoC4lwQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good manual adblue pump ? I have one like the link attached but it's useless and wont reach to the bottom of the barrel. There's still 2 drums left in it

https://toolsidee.co.uk/product/hbm-barrel-pump-for-adblue-and-water-base-liquids-P6921.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCs_962D9BXrm9PEur0AWela3wVw_yl7g1pysFcCVVGUlXdlN_jGhLBoC4lwQAvD_BwE

Is it extended all the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Measure out the distance to bottom of barrel, cut 3/4 or inch piping and clamp to existing handpump with a jubilee clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Had 55 foot cherry picker around the place all week so used it to cut top of trees near yard. Some piece of kit. Wouldn't allow the jib up if the wheels were any way unlevel. I only got it for an hour off the brother / painter so made the most of it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

timple23 wrote: »
    Measure out the distance to bottom of barrel, cut 3/4 or inch piping and clamp to existing handpump with a jubilee clip.

I'll try that, thanks. While I'm here, I want to buy a spare bank of knives for the baler. There's €4 in the difference/knife between the genuine blades and the spurious ones. Will I stick with the genuine ones or try the cheaper ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

514593.JPG
    Demo sprayer this week, it's genuinely huge.

Walter traded in his 191 Horsch for one this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

23 tons if had 8000l of fert or around 22 with water.
    It gains nearly 1.5tons nearly empty over a 4k lt tank.
    I know our land already doesnt love a big 4k lt machine at best of times. The amazone use a chasis bought from agrifac with their own set up on top.

Artec are half that weight with aluminum booms either front or rear mounted.
    Kuhn have bought a share in the company and I think they’ll be available in orange shortly.

Walter traded in his 191 Horsch for one this year

Bit like a rogator then(agco) lots of hype but you couldn’t give the pos away in the real world.
    They have a fancy boom that bends in the middle as a selling point those horschs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Forward/reverse synchro went in the tractor yesterday, was nursing it away with 12 months. Could have done without that bill now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Anyone here mow silage with rear mounted disc mower? If so, do you adjust link arms so mower is biased to the right when standing behind tractor or do you leave link arms centered? Not sure if it matters just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Suckler

Forward/reverse synchro went in the tractor yesterday, was nursing it away with 12 months. Could have done without that bill now :(

I know that pain. Had a bill of three and a half grand for transmission rebuild before.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Looking for a scrapped Kuhn FC300 series trailed mower. Anyone know of one laying around anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Anyone here mow silage with rear mounted disc mower? If so, do you adjust link arms so mower is biased to the right when standing behind tractor or do you leave link arms centered? Not sure if it matters just wondering

Usually a very small bit to the right to so that the tractor will centred on the row it's driving over. May depend on the mower you have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Looking for a scrapped Kuhn FC300 series trailed mower. Anyone know of one laying around anywhere

Guy in Limerick on DD breaks a few I think, he sells new Malones and tenders and the like as well. Acheson I think is his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Is there much work involved in fixing it? Are they a common breakdown I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is there much work involved in fixing it? Are they a common breakdown I wonder

Ya it's common enough in the ts, has to be split anyway. Be a few k gone before she's reversing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I'll try that, thanks. While I'm here, I want to buy a spare bank of knives for the baler. There's €4 in the difference/knife between the genuine blades and the spurious ones. Will I stick with the genuine ones or try the cheaper ones ?
    Re: the genuine Knives.
    I bought the spurious Mc hale Set once. there was a lot less metal in them and they were at least half an inch shorter when put side by side with original Knife.I returned them straight away and got my money back.

Re: the genuine Knives.
    I bought the spurious Mc hale Set once. there was a lot less metal in them and they were at least half an inch shorter when put side by side with original Knife.I returned them straight away and got my money back.

I bought a set of genuine knives off Abbey Retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Used a new pipe bale lifter today for 1st time. the pipes are a bit to say the least not free of imperfections . welding spit where the holes for the pivot of the tripping of the lifter were made and then welded back up and paint run off in a couple of places.

what could i give the pipes a rub off even if it removes a bit off paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

The paint is going to come off anyways. I usually give a rub with the flappy disc

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Anyone bring round bales of silage/hay on a flatbed jeep trailer ?

Anyone have any idea how many might fit on a 10 x 5‘6 safely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

josephsoap wrote: »
    Anyone bring round bales of silage/hay on a flatbed jeep trailer ?

Anyone have any idea how many might fit on a 10 x 5‘6 safely ?

Just about get 3 on if you stagger them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Just about get 3 on if you stagger them.

The father was at a tyre place getting a puncture fixed one day.
    Jeep pulls up with eithre a 16 or 18ft tri axel ifor williams with 11 bales of silage on it . .
    Driver was giving out that he had a puncture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭josephsoap

9935452 wrote: »
    The father was at a tyre place getting a puncture fixed one day.
    Jeep pulls up with eithre a 16 or 18ft tri axel ifor williams with 11 bales of silage on it . .
    Driver was giving out that he had a puncture

Wouldn’t like to end up stopped on hill with that load ....and have to take off again ....

I have seen jeeps pull 6 bales of silage on trailer regularly on the roads.

Advertisement