Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Anyone know roughly what is the list price of a Johnson multi purpose trailer?
    Don't want to contact the dealer yet!

My trailer might be for sale if your interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on, I'd be interested in one over the winter

I'll do that. It'll get a rude awakening next week once I get my hands on a rear bale handler for a bit of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Reggie. wrote: »

Hi Reggie, sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hagimalone

Reggie. wrote:

What make and size is your trailer Reggie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PJAGRI

MfMan wrote: »
    Do Bluemount in Cavan still make 'em? A bit like the Bridgeway trailers.

Yes they do, what size are you looking for..?

• Advertisement

Hagimalone wrote: »
    What make and size is your trailer Reggie?

Donnelly 14ft x 7.5ft tipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Is there anyone up that way? keep an eye out for it.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Is there anyone up that way? keep an eye out for it.

Shortly to be seen on the back of a low loader :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Harsh man!

Harsh man!

Just waiting for the retaliation here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Once I'm not footing the bill anymore!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Any recommendations for tractor tyres? I'm not in the Michelen price bracket, hearing that Firestone are too soft, but I hear the parent company Bridgestone have launched their own brand of tractor tyres and might be good value.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for tractor tyres? I'm not in the Michelen price bracket, hearing that Firestone are too soft, but I hear the parent company Bridgestone have launched their own brand of tractor tyres and might be good value.
    Hard to beat BKTs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

Bridgestone have launched a new tyre recently. They are aimed at tractors that do a lot of roadwork, and have very wide lugs. But I heard someone who fitted them saying they grip well on the land. I think they are selling them at a good price at the moment to get them established. It would be worth pricing them anyway. I don't think Firestones are worth considering. Kleber are a good tyre. A bit on the expensive side, but they have cash back promotions a lot of the time. When you get the cash back, they aren't a whole lot dearer than BKT. BKT are well worth considering too......

A link to the Bridgestones..... https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/bridgestone-tractor-tyres/20299406

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Grueller

hopeso wrote: »
    Bridgestone have launched a new tyre recently. They are aimed at tractors that do a lot of roadwork, and have very wide lugs. But I heard someone who fitted them saying they grip well on the land. I think they are selling them at a good price at the moment to get them established. It would be worth pricing them anyway. I don't think Firestones are worth considering. Kleber are a good tyre. A bit on the expensive side, but they have cash back promotions a lot of the time. When you get the cash back, they aren't a whole lot dearer than BKT. BKT are well worth considering too......

A link to the Bridgestones..... https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/bridgestone-tractor-tyres/20299406

Put firestones on the front of the tractor here 1500 hours ago and by god are they wearing fast. They will do well to see 2500 hours. She has a front loader and does a lot of her work on a concrete yard to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Grueller wrote: »
    Put firestones on the front of the tractor here 1500 hours ago and by god are they wearing fast. They will do well to see 2500 hours. She has a front loader and does a lot of her work on a concrete yard to be fair.

We had firestones on the front of a 141 mf with a loader, they were wore off before she hit 2000 hours.
    Wont be putting them again on a tractor
    We've Michelin on a 181 Massey that has 2200 hours up and they've barely worn, doing the same work as her predecessor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

From experience Michelin put a fair amount of work into developing their tires and testing wear to reduce it.

And shes off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

So long

And shes off

Off to get a dribble bar fitted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

FFS wash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractortyres-for-sale/linglong-tyres-all-sizes-finance-arranged/17667390

LingLongs ;)

In all honesty though the main party piece of Chinese car tyres is in general their hard wearing nature so I wonder has this trait crossed over to the agri side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

LingLongs

Funny now that I see that.... Four trucks here and everyone of them has longlongs under them..

hopeso wrote: »
    Off to get a dribble bar fitted?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Would it not be easier bring Mohammed to the mountain?

Muckit wrote: »
    Would it not be easier bring Mohammed to the mountain?

No as the dribble bar is mounted to the chassis and axle underneath. Takes about 2 weeks to get it done. Brackets and all have to be welded in

No as the dribble bar is mounted to the chassis and axle underneath. Takes about 2 weeks to get it done. Brackets and all have to be welded in

It's probably well worth going that route.....

He seemed to have a few different designs of dribble bars at the ploughing. One of them had the inspection hatch of the tanker fitted to the rear of the dribble bar, which meant you can still access the inside of the tanker with the dribble bar attached. I thought it was a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

What type of dribble bar did you go with Reggie?

Panch18 wrote: »
    What type of dribble bar did you go with Reggie?

Slurryquip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Slurryquip

Why did you choose them over the other makers?

Advertisement