Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The British Royal Family didn't take to Meghan not because she is mixed-race. They didn't take to her because she is a c...t.

Before they even got together, Harry seemed to be the soundest and most care-free of the family. The only thing that has changed since is that he has gotten into a bullying relationship with a manipulative fame-junkie. The tell-tale signs are there.
    Heard a piece on claire byrne earlier and someone outlined how when MM first went to london and immediately hired a PR person with the instruction that they should get her to exposed to rich, famous suitors. She was sniffing around Ashley Cole apparently but ended up with Mr Windsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This Andrew Cuomo "sexual allegations" is ridiculous, noone is even accusing him of performing a sexual act. He apparently asked them inappropriate questions or "unwanted" flirtation, two hugs that were a bit too close. These people are adults. The only thing he allegedly did wrong was flirt with direct reports but there is no evidence that he punished staff who ignored him.

He said a couple of inappropriate things, like asking someone about their sex life, booo hooo

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

The British Royal Family didn't take to Meghan not because she is mixed-race. They didn't take to her because she is a c...t.

Before they even got together, Harry seemed to be the soundest and most care-free of the family. The only thing that has changed since is that he has gotten into a bullying relationship with a manipulative fame-junkie. The tell-tale signs are there.

I think a lot of people are waking up to that.

Some Media Personalities show their true flying colours when they freely express their disgust and indignation of caricatures of them in the Printed Media. The Sindo used to have a caricature each week but this has died out. Phoenix magazine is the sole practioner of this lost art now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Queen is a bitch and her mother was too. The family is pretty toxic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

cnocbui wrote: »

She seems pretty nice to me. That's a bit insulting. Why do you dislike her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Interesting language for International Women's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭cms88

Heard a piece on claire byrne earlier and someone outlined how when MM first went to london and immediately hired a PR person with the instruction that they should get her to exposed to rich, famous suitors. She was sniffing around Ashley Cole apparently but ended up with Mr Windsor.

Yet she'll be made out as being ''her own woman''. Just so happened to marry into a royal family :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seems to be a lot of it about. mostly aimed at MM but oddly you seemed to ignore those.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Shes absolutely going to get a divorce and write a tell all book in the future and poor harry will have to go begging to be allowed back in.

Shes definitely the nasty one in all of this

• Advertisement

She seems pretty nice to me. That's a bit insulting. Why do you dislike her?

Because she is more than willing to follow the advice of her 'advisers' and courtiers and does things harmful, insulting or hurtful with regards to her own family when told to. To say she puts her job and position ahead of the wellbeing of her family, is putting it mildly. Her advisors seem dearer to her than her own family.

What did the person I quoted call Meghan? You obviously have no problem with that so your concern seems synthetic and contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

She's not even a good actress- she lays all the 'woe's me' on with a trowel!!

Harry is a fool, he's never been a bright spark and I think she knew exactly what to do to wrap him around her little finger. It says it all when she had practically no family or old friends at their wedding- just her mam, no aunties or uncles or cousins. I'd be so embarrassed if I had literally no men in my life-friend or relation-to walk me down the aisle at my wedding.

Meghan is the latest media whipping horse. in a distinguished line. Befere her was Kate McCann, and before her was the original evil woman, Lindy Chamberlain.

Exactly the same crucifiction by the gutter press' spin and innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Meghan is the latest media whipping horse. in a distinguished line. Befere her was Kate McCann, and before her was the original evil woman, Lindy Chamberlain.

Exactly the same crucifiction by the gutter press' spin and innuendo.

She married into the Royal family , its an institution even I know that & I cant stand them

Did she expect them to change for her ?

She's not even a good actress- she lays all the 'woe's me' on with a trowel!!

Harry is a fool, he's never been a bright spark and I think she knew exactly what to do to wrap him around her little finger. It says it all when she had practically no family or old friends at their wedding- just her mam, no aunties or uncles or cousins. I'd be so embarrassed if I had literally no men in my life-friend or relation-to walk me down the aisle at my wedding.

Have you ever read the Daily Mail; you really should? I think you would like it, particularly the comment sections which, by some amazing miracle, seems to be packed to the gills with commenters who espouse exactly the same vies you do. I think you would fit right in

She married into the Royal family , its an institution even I know that & I cant stand them

I think she didn't know, and that she basically walked into a door. The US is very insular and I doubt she had been exposed to even a tiny fraction of the royal family coverage that current and former British colonies get.

Supposedly, when her friend/acquaintance suggested setting her up with a date with Harry, she asked: "Is he nice". :rolleyes:

Yes, with the most american sense of loud arrogance, she fully expected a monarchy with centuries of tradition and etiquette to change for an american who ‘knows best’

Poir Archie is the real loser in this.
    He's not going to have a title.
    #Crather

Yes, with the most american sense of loud arrogance, she fully expected a monarchy with centuries of tradition and etiquette to change for an american who ‘knows best’

From Harry's comments, it would seem he is equally as naive in her, expecting a far more welcoming attitude from his own family than he and Meghan got.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think she didn't know, and that she basically walked into a door. The US is very insular and I doubt she had been exposed to even a tiny fraction of the royal family coverage that current and former British colonies get.

Supposedly, when her friend/acquaintance suggested setting her up with a date with Harry, she asked: "Is he nice". :rolleyes:

Don't believe that for one second she knew exactly what she was getting into
    There photos of her visiting the Palace as a teen and taking the tour , She knew about the Royals without question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The tweeters against eoghan McDermott seem to be awful people

The tweeters against eoghan McDermott seem to be awful people

Id usually agree but he was the uber male feminist stereotype , championing all the meetoo and cancelling etc.. to cover up his own alleged misgivings. Lets hold him to the same insane 'guilty till innocent' standards he held so many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Id usually agree but he was the uber male feminist stereotype , championing all the meetoo and cancelling etc.. to cover up his own alleged misgivings. Lets hold him to the same insane 'guilty till innocent' standards he held so many others.

I agree completely, but the tweets seem weird , and the tweeeters don’t seem too clued in on the law

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I agree completely, but the tweets seem weird , and the tweeeters don’t seem too clued in on the law

Yeah, it’s also weird because they usually side with the, alleged, perpetrator when he’s whyte but I guess being “woke” means you forfeit that support.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Yeah, it’s also weird because they usually side with the, alleged, perpetrator when he’s whyte but I guess being “woke” means you forfeit that support.

such a bizarre typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Probably an unpopular opinion - I prefer a deeper timbre and a more resonant voice on the radio. Came to mind because of people wondering who would replace EMD. And I learned thus to my surprise that it is mostly women on day time radio.
    If I come across a random radio station I often find myself turned off by a high voice, an overly excited gee whiz demeanour, a nasal intonation, a whiny squeaky timbre etc. It really agitates my peace and offends my aural aesthetic.
    Some lady presenters have lovely deep slow smooth voices. But they seem to be in the minority or not given important slots. And some gentleman presenters have terrible excitable effeminate voices and these also offend my ears. It is like ADHD bottled in a voice.
    So in summary, here is a shocker - Mellow, deep, resonant, calm, confiding, mature, fluid aural vibes for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gruffalux wrote: »
    And I learned thus to my surprise that it is mostly women on day time radio.

Not mostly on 2fm. On 2fm it is ALL. There is not a single male presenter on daytime radio on 2fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not mostly on 2fm. On 2fm it is ALL. There is not a single male presenter on daytime radio on 2fm

The kind of female voice I like is for example Liz Nolan on lyric. I suppose there is a touch of masculine in it. It is assured and has a lower pitch. Calm. Mairead Ronan's voice absolutely does my head in and some other female presenters whose names I don't know. Impossible to listen to them. The Seioge sisters have a nice deepness to their voices. Anne Doyle had a good resonant female voice. There is a lady on early lyric news sometimes and she sounds lovely. Just trying to think of voices. There are also lads on radio who should be shot for their annoying voices. Do not know how some people get their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭cms88

Quazzie wrote: »

Yet we'll never hear that being an issue :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cms88 wrote: »
    Yet we'll never hear that being an issue :rolleyes:

A meme was circulated around a newsroom ive done work in and it was a picture of a box with women written on it and a shredder with men written on it and the caption was “RTE job applications”

Theyre on a big female only push

Advertisement