Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

If the kids were born and raised in England they are without question, English.
    joeguevara wrote: »
    I’d disagree with that one. My grandparents moved to London and all their kids were born there. Not a chance would the kids be considered English. They are Irish through and through. I’d agree with everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

An Express lane for people with their shít together and a small single item or no cabin baggage would be a great idea. The amount of fcuking around at airport security with clueless people you'd think it was their first time in their lives getting on a plane.

That's why I always choose fast-track security.
    Airports really are a microcosm of stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some people are delighted to have the excuse of Covid for not visiting family this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

An unpopular opinion I have is that All Lives Matter.

Same as circa 196 other countries :pac:

Aren't you a hurling fan? Dunno what you’re laughing at

Not even gonna address the rest of that hyperbolic nonsense.

Have never seen someone hold such bitterness over other people enjoying a sport, they’re not hurting anyone like. Find it all pretty mystifying tbh.

• Advertisement

Aren't you a hurling fan? Dunno what you’re laughing spat

Fan/respectful of all skilful sports/games tbh....free to critique,hurling all yous want
    Not even gonna address the rest of that hyperbolic nonsense.

Have never seen someone hold such bitterness over other people enjoying a sport, they’re not hurting anyone like. Find it all pretty mystifying tbh.

Nothing hyperbolic about that post?

Your free to enjoy the sport,dont let me stop yous,just feel that most who watch it,could not possibly enjoy it,and are taken in by hype/marketing scam.....which isnt safe for kids to play

Your average rugbai beo game on tg4 of a friday night (i sometimes watch this),reminds me of feeding pigs on my uncles farm,blokes rolling around in the mud.....a skilful/enjoyable spectactle,it simply is not

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Travellers themselves are the reason they are feared and hated in Irish society.
    Society didn't magically start to "discriminate" for no reason.

Teachers' holidays are too long. They should have to do alternative work during the summer and Easter as part of their salaried contractual obligations.
    They should have only 4 weeks annual leave like the rest of us.

Non teaching jobs should have set holidays as well then:pac:

Fan/respectful of all skilful sports/games tbh....free to critique,hurling all yous want

Nothing hyperbolic about that post?

Your free to enjoy the sport,dont let me stop yous,just feel that most who watch it,could not possibly enjoy it,and are taken in by hype/marketing scam.....which isnt safe for kids to play

Your average rugbai beo game on tg4 of a friday night (i sometimes watch this),reminds me of feeding pigs on my uncles farm,blokes rolling around in the mud.....a skilful/enjoyable spectactle,it simply is not

Nah I like hurling, just think there’s some inconsistency in your thought that you’ll bash rugby for not being popular worldwide yet this doesn’t apply to hurling for whatever reason.

Look all I can say is that rugby is a skillful sport, to say there’s no skill involved really is just nonsense not to mention untrue - you obviously disagree but based on that I’ll go ahead and assume you’ve not played it any competitive level. If you knew what was actually involved in playing and the finer points of the laws of the game you’d have a much better appreciation for it.

In any case I don’t think there’s anything I could say or show you to change your mind so not much point in continuing.

Nah I like hurling, just think there’s some inconsistency in your thought that you’ll bash rugby for not being popular worldwide yet this doesn’t apply to hurling for whatever reason.

Honest critique isnt bashing it??,you cant possibly be this sensitive to anyone pointing out obvious flaws in the sport
    Look all I can say is that rugby is a skillful sport, to say there’s no skill involved really is just nonsense not to mention untrue - you obviously disagree but based on that I’ll go ahead and assume you’ve not played it any competitive level. If you knew what was actually involved in playing and the finer points of the laws of the game you’d have a much better appreciation for it.

In any case I don’t think there’s anything I could say or show you to change your mind so not much point in continuing.

Running about,crashing into lads,and kicking ball out of play isnt skilful?

Some relatively modest hand-eye coordination isnt skilful.......ive tried to get into it and enjoy it.....but just strikes me as a game,where bigger battering rams,will always have a place above "skilful"......few,if any rugby players actually can kick the ball from what i see,no mind high field it,prefering to let ball land and root/roll around in mud for it

i dont doubt its fun to play (dont think kids should play/be encouraged to mind),but fcuk me,its terrible to try watch

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Rugby was ****ing ruined by the new bread of Irish millennials. ****ing arsewipes analyze the games to death.

Ryle Nugent was also a terrible commenttor for the sport, He had a tendency to try and deepen his voice during a tough passage of play or if there was a big hit. It always sounded if he was just aroused and stroking one off when he did it. It was so irritating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He was born on US soil, he wasn't American born.

Your post seems to contradict itself.

If deValera is American by virtue of being born in the US then logically people born here are Irish too.

no it doesn't, he's half Irish because he has an Irish mother, born in America... he has more Irish or Basque in him than American. Ive been very consistent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He can consider himself to be anything he likes, however he’d still be a Chinaman.

A 'Chinaman' is a ball that spins from off to leg, bowled by a left-handed bowler to a right-handed batsman.

I don't think it means what you think it means

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

8-10 wrote: »
    A 'Chinaman' is a ball that spins from off to leg, bowled by a left-handed bowler to a right-handed batsman.

I don't think it means what you think it means

If you understand what I think it means, then maybe we are communicating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Spongebob Squarepants is shyte.

SB is a whiny, irritating character.

Oh yea?

Well whiskey is much nicer than whisky. Whisky is just foreign piss in a bottle:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Oh yea?

Well whiskey is much nicer than whisky. Whisky is just foreign piss in a bottle:mad:

Fight fight fight!!!!!!!

Whisky / whiskey is a mad mans drink, as my auld (mad) man would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oh yea?

You really have no idea.

The spelling convention was a relatively recent invention.

Spongebob is still shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Celmullet

Poetry is overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's time certain countries started to look after themselves, instead of continually having the begging bowl out.

I heard a radio piece the other day for some charity looking for donations to help fight Covid in some 'poor' part of the world. Can they not do what every other country is doing, and getting in debt to their eyeballs for generations to come to fight Covid?

And The BBC had a bit on their news too about an African country (can't remember which now) and how it was struggling, yet showed us their huge lines of tanks on the roads at the same time.

Forget about waging war and look after your people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭randd1

People in the West are far too sensitive about race, gender, sexuality, politics and other such things and don't realise how lucky they have it compared to even 50 years ago, and far too quick to become a victim.

• Advertisement

Spongebob is still shít.

Wrong

Celmullet wrote: »
    Poetry is overrated.

Wrong

randd1 wrote: »
    People in the West are far too sensitive about race, gender, sexuality, politics and other such things and don't realise how lucky they have it compared to even 50 years ago, and far too quick to become a victim.

Right

^^^^^Be sure to always take your whiskey neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

At what point can immigrants be regarded as Irish? Or would you be of the opinion immigrants won’t ever be Irish?

Foreigners and their descendants can never be native Irish. Senator David Norris was born in the Congo. Is he Congolese? Of course not. Such an idea is preposterous. Well, the opposite also rings true.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Foreigners and their descendants can never be native Irish. Senator David Norris was born in the Congo. Is he Congolese? Of course not. Such an idea is preposterous. Well, the opposite also rings true.

so you're telling me that I'm not native irish? Or are you only referring to those that dont have white skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

so you're telling me that I'm not native irish? Or are you only referring to those that dont have white skin?
    somebody here years ago called me a "planter" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Apparently I’m not even any kind of Irish due to a lapse in centuries of the line being here that meant I was born in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

I neither know nor care anything about you. But this is basic stuff. Same way David Norris isn’t Congolese for being born in the Congo, foreigners and their kin aren’t native Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I neither know nor care anything about you. But this is basic stuff. Same way David Norris isn’t Congolese for being born in the Congo, foreigners and their kin aren’t native Irish.

I can see what you are saying, but to be honest it comes across as the view of a pale ginger kid with freckles who is trying to make himself feel important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so you are telling me i'm not irish. even though i was born here and my parents were born here but i'm still not irish in your eyes? I didnt know it was possible to be that wilfully ignorant. you have excelled yourself with, quite possibly, the stupidest post on boards in a very long time. congratulations.

Advertisement