Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone tried the Maradona icon in swaps? Just about to get the 19th token so thinking of taking him and playing him behind my 99 CR7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Checked the Fifa 19 thread and found this post from June 4th.

Looking at the team, it’s probably lower rated than the team I have this year. But I’d say it would be worth four or five times more than my current team if I tried replicating it this year. R9, Butra, Gulliet. I miss this team so much. And I miss doing the SBCs to get them. Not a chance I’d get those icons so easily again this year.

100%

I just miss the goals, I genuinely don’t know what I can do after ultimate tots.

Do I still play wl for high rated but crap red picks with no sbc’s to put them into? I loved completing the icon sbc’s last couple of fifa’s.

For me, the end goal of fifa is now gone (end goal was to get my ultimate team - R9, Gullit etc) now it’s just a series of objectives to get other players to use in other objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's bizarre to me that they killed off their shiny new Milestones section in fcuking January, that should be filled with non-stop content all year. Also that they're only doing 3 batches of Icon Swaps despite the fact that we're at the end of the final batch and there are still 4 months left in the cycle and 30 or so Icons that never featured in any batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Pro Evolution soccer is €6.99 on the PlayStation store if you have PlayStation plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It's bizarre to me that they killed off their shiny new Milestones section in fcuking January, that should be filled with non-stop content all year. Also that they're only doing 3 batches of Icon Swaps despite the fact that we're at the end of the final batch and there are still 4 months left in the cycle and 30 or so Icons that never featured in any batch.

Ya I’d love if they went mad and had a 5 icon swaps season. 5 choices - PIM pack or one of prime Dinho/R9/Zidane/Pele etc.

• Advertisement

Washed the sweat bands tonight, ready for the WL at 8am tomorrow :pac: I’ll even go for Gold 2 to try get the big boys.

God the thoughts of it.

I enjoyed my break last weekend. Haven’t played fifa properly in nearly 2 weeks, I could get murdered tomorrow.
    I’d take 14 right now and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ya I’d love if they went mad and had a 5 icon swaps season. 5 choices - PIM pack or one of prime Dinho/R9/Zidane/Pele etc.

They skimped out so hard on the Swaps choices. Of the top 50 most expensive Icons right now Base Zidane is the only one that has been available through all 3 sets of Swaps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They skimped out so hard on the Swaps choices. Of the top 50 most expensive Icons right now Base Zidane is the only one that has been available through all 3 sets of Swaps.

MoRe AcCeSsAbLe....

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I got Papu Gomez and Pellegrini from Gold 2. Delighted with Papu but for the third week out of the last four my second set of picks has contained all dud players which is so frustrating.

One thing they really should introduce for fifa 21 is cups, maybe 3 per week and rotate every week

Say 1 with spl only
    1 with csl only and
    1 with la liga only

Following week go nationality

1 with Irish only
    1 with Colombian only
    1 with Italian only

Back to leagues then but vary it up

Would be different tiers each week and give you a chance to use different players.
    I know objectives allows us to use different players but you’re usually up against guys with their full teams while you’re trying to get a finesse goal with an Argentinian midfielder, at least this way you’d be pitted against someone else with an all Irish team etc.
    Could be just in a similar format to draft cup, with it being repeatable (no entry fee of course :D )

I only started fifa in fifa 18 but believe they used to have bronze tournaments etc before.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    God the thoughts of it.

I enjoyed my break last weekend. Haven’t played fifa properly in nearly 2 weeks, I could get murdered tomorrow.
    I’d take 14 right now and hope for the best.

I haven’t played WL since PL TOTS :pac: hope Richarlison and Kenny do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That Machada sbc player is very good.
    Fast , agile and great shooting.
    Pairing him up front with headliners lewandowksi and he’s blowing Lew out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

One thing they really should introduce for fifa 21 is cups, maybe 3 per week and rotate every week

Say 1 with spl only
    1 with csl only and
    1 with la liga only

1 with Irish only
    1 with Colombian only
    1 with Italian only

Would be different tiers each week and give you a chance to use different players.
    I know objectives allows us to use different players but you’re usually up against guys with their full teams while you’re trying to get a finesse goal with an Argentinian midfielder, at least this way you’d be pitted against someone else with an all Irish team etc.
    Could be just in a similar format to draft cup, with it being repeatable (no entry fee of course :D )

I only started fifa in fifa 18 but believe they used to have bronze tournaments etc before.

I’d absolutely love something like this! I could actually use some of the cards I grind in fun teams and not always coming up against the “meta” Neymar, Mbappe and Ben Yedder combos.

Yeah those bronze and silver tourneys were class back in the day, though for those tourneys to be any way decent, they’d need to revert to the way the silver players played back in Fifa 12 imo. Loved playing with the likes of Jobson, El Kabir, Huselklepp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ever since LaLiga TotS I've lost interest.
    Still watching TotS Suarez's price though *wink wink *

Ever since LaLiga TotS I've lost interest.
    Still watching TotS Suarez's price though *wink wink *

Blazer wrote: »
    That Machada sbc player is very good.
    Fast , agile and great shooting.
    Pairing him up front with headliners lewandowksi and he’s blowing Lew out of it.

Do you mean Kamada ? The Japanese CF for Eintract Frankfurt. I did his sbc but haven’t tried him out yet.

GavK wrote: »
    Do you mean Kamada ? The Japanese CF for Eintract Frankfurt. I did his sbc but haven’t tried him out yet.

Yeah. My bloody phone autocorrects all the time and half the time I miss it :)
    He’s the reason why I went with a bundes frontline.

Suck the back of my balls. Two nationalities, fifteen leagues, pinch of cayenne.

Untraceable Brixton pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Say 1 with spl only
    1 with csl only and
    1 with la liga only

1 with Irish only
    1 with Colombian only
    1 with Italian only

yeah weekly tournaments of all types marque match up replaced them, no reason cant have both

• Advertisement

Yeah those bronze and silver tourneys were class back in the day, though for those tourneys to be any way decent, they’d need to revert to the way the silver players played back in Fifa 12 imo. Loved playing with the likes of Jobson, El Kabir, Huselklepp etc.

ablonghor was a beast

I used to adore builidng a Korean bronze, and a Russian league silver team.

plus it was great for trading

Brasilvers and the Norwegian League were my go-to. Huselklepp, Elyounoussi, Farnarud. Absolute beasts.

Special shoutout to English bronze legends Westcarr and Slew.

seamie78 wrote: »
    plus it was great for trading

As was Icon SBCs last year, thanks to the Bronze and Silver parts.

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah. My bloody phone autocorrects all the time and half the time I miss it :)
    He’s the reason why I went with a bundes frontline.

Yeah he looks lethal. What chemistry style are you using on him ?

GavK wrote: »
    Yeah he looks lethal. What chemistry style are you using on him ?

Using marksman.
    Unfortunately my bundes team just feels too clunky apart from him so I’m back to old team.
    I’ve 1.7 million in coins and I honestly don’t know who to spend it on. Salah is stuck in the ST portion while I was selling my bundes players and he’s won the last 2 matches for me in 4231.
    The only one I could spend it on would be Aguero as he’s bloody awesome. No other striker has me feel as happy using them as Aguero has this year.

I've got 600k, and thanks to rewards, my bench is now utterly decked out. There's no one I really want to drop in the first team.

So, I don't know what to do next. Might suicide a chunk on the Ligue 1 upgrades....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone remember Bronze Pogba, not sure which Fifa it was but he was a beast!!

Has anyone tried baby Cruyff?

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anyone remember Bronze Pogba, not sure which Fifa it was but he was a beast!!

Has anyone tried baby Cruyff?

Cryuff is still mad expensive but my god he’s excellent. All versions of him are exquisite.

Back to SBC and my reserves fill a 93 rated squad complete with bench.
    It’s an utter farce this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement