Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wonski wrote: »
    After playing couple of rivals I can't understand how can you give someone a win in fc for free.

Used to do that, not any more.

Loosing 2-1 with 70 rated defence and the guy is dancing and celebrating like he won a Lotto.
    Not bothered as I just need to score not win.

He did that again and again.

Not a chance I will let others have it easy.

The worst was friendlies yesterday.

Bunch of pricks.
    Not everyone who plays is an asshole. You have to remember that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Marquee Matchups used to be guaranteed profit and now they're rarely worth it. 75, 77, 79, and 80 rated squads in this week's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Now we’re talking. Sure I’ll do a few more premium ones

76-CD10-B2-FE5-D-4-EFE-83-CC-7-C502-A828-F4-A.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    Not everyone who plays is an asshole. You have to remember that too.

Of course.

Majority are so to hell with them ;)

No free rides.

Can't remember one giving me a win, can remember professional beggars "please I need just one for an Icon" **** them all.

• Advertisement

Of course.

Majority are so to hell with them ;)

No free rides.

Can't remember one giving me a win, can remember professional beggars "please I need just one for an Icon" **** them all.

Had one fella ask me to let him score four goals for his objective.. said grand, I always let them do it if they give me a 3 goal lead and then we go one for one. He responded “let me score four first and I’ll let you win.. I need to go fir tea.”

Not a bloody chance. Scored 1-0 and he quit after. Absolute chancer :pac:

So guys.
    I can go with de Gea, David Luiz, Wan Bissaka OR De Vrij, Cuadardo and Handkovic.
    Thoughts on who’s better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just got Smalling and Acerbi.
    I’m think they want me to go with Italian backline.

Just got Smalling and Acerbi.
    I’m think they want me to go with Italian backline.

150k backline... I don't think so...

Unless you want to.

• Advertisement

150k backline... I don't think so...

Unless you want to.

Yep was thinking that,
    Hopefully we get some major 90 rated sbc and I’m laughing.

Yep was thinking that,
    Hopefully we get some major 90 rated sbc and I’m laughing.

Acerbi 93 card is just 10k more expensive than his 85 rated if...

The market is flooded with high rated cards now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So guys.
    I can go with de Gea, David Luiz, Wan Bissaka OR De Vrij, Cuadardo and Handkovic.
    Thoughts on who’s better?

Was going to ask similiar.

I've got....
    Robertson - Rio - Maguire - AWB
    DDG

I'm wondering if I should change to...
    Hernandez - DeVrij - Manolas - AWB
    Szczsny

Latter allows me to play Griezmann on full chemistry, and the CBs are arguably better....but on 7 chem, instead of 10 for the others.

Hmm, also drops Auba down as well though, to 4 chemistry....

Other option is to grab birthday VVD (as the cheapest I can afford). I can't remember a game against even base VVD where he wasn't a monster.

Whelp, just got another Manolas from the 81 upgrade pack -_-

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whelp, just got another Manolas from the 81 upgrade pack -_-

The lack of sbc’s for high rated players like these is such a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't believe it's June in 3 days and we still have a Mid Icon SBC. If they hadn't re-released both the Base and Mid SBCs we could have a PIM Pack SBC right now. It's not like most Icons are even that good any more, all but like 10 of them are outclassed by most TOTS cards. Mid Icons went out of packs over 3 months ago.

Other option is to grab birthday VVD (as the cheapest I can afford). I can't remember a game against even base VVD where he wasn't a monster.

Yeah vvd is an absolute animal, even his base, particularly since I learnt that best way to defend is to run into someone rather than tackle, he comes away with the ball almost every time (except when ea decides you’re conceding and there’s nothing you can do about it!)

Can't believe it's June in 3 days and we still have a Mid Icon SBC. If they hadn't re-released both the Base and Mid SBCs we could have a PIM Pack SBC right now. It's not like most Icons are even that good any more, all but like 10 of them are outclassed by most TOTS cards. Mid Icons went out of packs over 3 months ago.

For me the lack of sbc’s is alarming, after their (perceived) error of not putting in icon sbc’s came to light they could’ve easily added top end players instead. Hazard was a good step back in what, jan/feb?? That was it for a long time? (And by all accounts, most who completed him call him a fraud)

Almost every sbc has either a flaw (poor w/f, low stamina, low balance) just something that makes you think the card isn’t worth it.
    The league sbc’s are similar, I’d argue that the first one during tots, white of Leeds has probably been the best player.
    It makes high rated players almost worthless, why even bother grinding for objective players when no end goal?? (Icon sbc)

The strangest thing I seen was when lukaku was released as an sbc, someone commented that they were completing it to use up untradeables, another user commented “he’s not a 200k card, you wouldn’t pay that for him on market?”

The guy replied saying “yeah, but with sbc’s I’d view the value spent as half of what I’d pay on market”

And that there in is the problem, the lack of options mean we don’t even value untradeables any more.

“the last dance” for this absolute hero starts tomorrow! HIs last weekend league.
    I know the fifa hipster thing is to hate Ben yedder but I love the man, look at that record, almost a goal a game, and over a thousand assists too.

By next weekend I’ll have tots Ben yedder!! Just aswell I turn messages off on ps4 :D

60710-A86-CE8-D-4-E70-8-EBE-2-DE2-E6-D74-BB2.png

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    “the last dance” for this absolute hero starts tomorrow! HIs last weekend league.
    I know the fifa hipster thing is to hate Ben yedder but I love the man, look at that record, almost a goal a game, and over a thousand assists too.

By next weekend I’ll have tots Ben yedder!! Just aswell I turn messages off on ps4 :D

60710-A86-CE8-D-4-E70-8-EBE-2-DE2-E6-D74-BB2.png

Meh, he was somewhere between Adama and the others, so many good cards that I hope Ben Yedder gets lost. Let's pray EA do the right thing and ruins the card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I really can't see EA ever releasing a Moments Icon guaranteed pack.

Meh, he was somewhere between Adama and the others, so many good cards that I hope Ben Yedder gets lost. Let's pray EA do the right thing and ruins the card :)

Where the dislike button :P

Ah not at all, for me I was never bothered about facing Adana, only 2 players I hated seeing were ryan Kent and any form of Ben yedder.

Where the dislike button :P

Ah not at all, for me I was never bothered about facing Adana, only 2 players I hated seeing were ryan Kent and any form of Ben yedder.

They broke Adama. And fixed Alisson based on my experience. This is elite 8th league experience, though :)

They broke Adama. And fixed Alisson based on my experience. This is elite 8th league experience, though :)

Haha I might try out my Alison tots again :)

Haha I might try out my Alison tots again :)

Don’t :) he’s still awful. They all are.

The lack of sbc’s for high rated players like these is such a pain!

I ended up putting him in to Lukaku for my United past and present team.

Agreed with your post RE; high rated SBCs tho. It’s not I was massively attracted to Lukaku, but it was really the only SBC I could justify pumping an 93 into.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Blazer wrote:
    Don’t he’s still awful. They all are.

I've warmed to Alisson a bit now. I've tried a few keepers the last few weeks from oblak to handanovic and Alisson is definitely better than them. For me at least.

Checked the Fifa 19 thread and found this post from June 4th.

Looking at the team, it’s probably lower rated than the team I have this year. But I’d say it would be worth four or five times more than my current team if I tried replicating it this year. R9, Butra, Gulliet. I miss this team so much. And I miss doing the SBCs to get them. Not a chance I’d get those icons so easily again this year.
    Legit don't know where to go from here now.

I'm going to try the 4-2-4 this weekend, to get that front 4 all playing. I played a 4-3-1-2 last weekend with decent success, so might eventually switch back, which would possibly need a new midfielder.

This is with a bench of Flashback Luiz, Flashback Ibra, POTM Auba, POTM Hazard. Easily the most OP team I've ever made, and still have 500k to spend, and a few months left till the next one....

vd0QQN6.jpg

• Advertisement

Washed the sweat bands tonight, ready for the WL at 8am tomorrow :pac: I’ll even go for Gold 2 to try get the big boys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement