Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    Did I? I suggested shooting Guffy to confirm trit actually.

That too. You were certainly happy to lead the direction the gun went though.

Food for thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Did I? I suggested shooting Guffy to confirm trit actually.

I keep missing your explanation on this.

How does killing me clear trit and how does trit being killed confirm me as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

So what are our options if the alignment check doesn't come back before 9pm? Let's talk this through early so no confusion.

Hey Necro,

How does a peek play into Bronn as a character?

Keith spun you a story of how a “rescue” did, and now you’ve got a peek? That’s very convienant, actually.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Guffy wrote: »
    I keep missing your explanation on this.

How does killing me clear trit and how does trit being killed confirm me as bad?

Nice genie :)

I mean if people are going to accuse me the least you could do is read my posts.

Trit's power said he'd divert an attempt on your life. My suggestion was to see if he was lying.

Would waste a kill, but basically confirm you weren't lying about your characters. When narrowing down the Night King (which is redundant now) I thought it was a decent shout

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    I still think it's either Necro and Keith or Lord and Ecto.

Out of those four I trust Ecto the most but have been suspicious of Lord longest.

Necro and Keith are trying to control the narrative/discussion. Keith has been admirably deflecting away people's suspicions of Necro.

If Lord is cleared I'll be voting to lynch Keith or Necro tomorrow. If I win a kill prize tomorrow I'll be using it on one of them, assuming I'm not munched, naturally.

who have you left out?

necro
    skeith

lord
    ecto

2d

bounty
    skunk/riona
    guffy
    tusk

How do you feel about bounty, skunk/riona, guffy and tusk?

Skunk/Ríona is bottom of the heap. I think they're sound.

Not particularly enamoured with any of the rest of ye. Guffy and BH are not on my list for now, mainly because I trust others less.

Tusk was high on my list early on and wouldn't be at all surprised if they were converted but again, given that I think the converted are one of the aforementioned combinations, they're alright for now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    So what are our options if the alignment check doesn't come back before 9pm? Let's talk this through early so no confusion.

Go with your gut, I can't confirm whether it will be back before 9pm or not, they won't tell me.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey Necro,

Keith spun you a story of how a “rescue” did, and now you’ve got a peek? That’s very convienant, actually.

I keep bloody telling people to STOP assuming powers are character related. I never made up this narrative.

You're swinging wildly Lord, if I wasn't peeking you I'd be lynching you for certain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hey Necro,

Hands up it was me that thought up how Bronn not raising the dead as Necro said could actually make sense but iirc Keith did agree. That said I don't recall Necro ever responding to me saying this or that I found it very odd that Necro who knows the show would suggest it as a raising the dead type power instead of a more plausible Bronn fitting one.

Not sure if a peek fits Bronn either. Does not make Necro bad however cos the OP only said may but in most other players it did match the character.

Would like to see what Greyworm could get but I'm guessing a protection of Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I still think it's either Necro and Keith or Lord and Ecto.

Out of those four I trust Ecto the most but have been suspicious of Lord longest.

Necro and Keith are trying to control the narrative/discussion.
    Keith has been admirably deflecting away people's suspicions of Necro.

If Lord is cleared I'll be voting to lynch Keith or Necro tomorrow. If I win a kill prize tomorrow I'll be using it on one of them, assuming I'm not munched, naturally.

Find fault in my work, find the lies and falsehoods. I am stating what you could find for yourself on thread.
    If you disagree with anything i write, please, highlight it and discuss it with me. If I am lying, it's very easy to find my lies and show the other people in the thread my lis and then it will be easy to lynch because my lies are out in plain sight.

Otherwise, you are just shading my character, which is not villagery thing to do.

Ok.

So Scenario 1 check comes back and says Lord = evil. Do we:

A) Lynch Lord and have me also target him
    B) Lynch Lord and have me target someone else
    C) Lynch someone else and have me target Lord

Pros & cons of each?

Scenario 2 check comes back and says Lord = good

Do we

A) Decide on a lynch target and have me go for them too? If so how? FFA?
    B) Decide on 2 separate targets? Again how?
    C) Decide on 1 target for Dragon and go for free voting in lynch?

Not sure of other scenarios. Be interested to see other people's take on this.

• Advertisement

Nice genie :)

I mean if people are going to accuse me the least you could do is read my posts.

Trit's power said he'd divert an attempt on your life. My suggestion was to see if he was lying.

Would waste a kill, but basically confirm you weren't lying about your characters. When narrowing down the Night King (which is redundant now) I thought it was a decent shout

But there was no counter so it doesn't make sense to narrow nk does it?

@Guffy - here is where I explain it. Note Lord despite calling me out on apparently wanting to waste kill points on Mick he disagrees with me here too.

It's just constant, consistent shade from Lord.
    Could verify you by going for Guffy if we get another kill point

Would confirm you are both who you claim to be
    While I get the theory, I really am not thrilled at the proposal of pumping a bullet into the village just to clear Trit when he's already pretty villagery-leaning.....
    This would be a better idea than lynching Mick and shooting at him too if we actually win kills.
    Trit is claiming Jaime who can protect Cersei

Guffy is claiming Cersei.

If trit and Guffy are village then nothing will happen and we narrow the list for Night King

If one or both are lying we'll have resolved that

You're swinging wildly Lord, if I wasn't peeking you I'd be lynching you for certain

Feel free to paint me as emotional if you want, but you’re putting up stories now and trying to dismiss holes in it as “swinging wildly”.

You came up with a peek and burned it immediately. You’re the only one whose powers haven’t lined up with their character. Protects have been character aligned, bullets have been character allotted, and here comes Bronn the All Knowing?

K.

Just want it so that when I flip good, you can’t dig yourself out of the hole.

I get the feeling Lord is trying to rile me up, anger me - so he can point to this and say

'OH LOOK EVERYONE NECRO GETS ANGRY SO HE'S A WOLF'

His narrative is bogus.

He's not even using posts to back up his arguments, he's just making sh1t up now.

@Guffy - here is where I explain it. Note Lord despite calling me out on apparently wanting to waste kill points on Mick he disagrees with me here too.

It's just constant, consistent shade from Lord.

But again there was no counter. Mick never claimed and other 3 had. How does it narrow for nk?

Skunk/Ríona is bottom of the heap. I think they're sound.

Not particularly enamoured with any of the rest of ye. Guffy and BH are not on my list for now, mainly because I trust others less.

Tusk was high on my list early on and wouldn't be at all surprised if they were converted but again, given that I think the converted are one of the aforementioned combinations, they're alright for now.

The only way me & Lord are on a team is if he is not converted.

Tying players together can be useful but also dangerous. Let's say check comes back on Lord as evil that still won't make me evil and vice versa if he's good it doesn't make me good, even though I am.

Go with your gut, I can't confirm whether it will be back before 9pm or not, they won't tell me.

I keep bloody telling people to STOP assuming powers are character related. I never made up this narrative.

Go with my gut? Have you seen where that has got us? :pac:

If I get the peek before 9pm I'll post it, but I can't guarantee it.

Let's just hope we do make this different to the show where
    Danny went all mad Queen and burned loads of innocents!

I get the feeling Lord is trying to rile me up, anger me - so he can point to this and say

'OH LOOK EVERYONE NECRO GETS ANGRY SO HE'S A WOLF'

His narrative is bogus.

He's not even using posts to back up his arguments, he's just making sh1t up now.

No, I’m not. I’m not invoking emotions at all.

I’m asking how does Bronn having a seer peek line up with BRONN!
    Why is your character getting powers that make no sense to the character in question?

If that question is “making you angry”, then I’m genuinely sorry. That’s not the point. But since you’re leading the charge on me, it seems pretty obvious I’d want to examine the hole in the logic being used to hang me....

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    But again there was no counter. Mick never claimed and other 3 had. How does it narrow for nk?

The theory is based on me thinking the Night King might have claimed a converted character from the OP.

Now that didn't happen, but how could I possibly know that at the time

Why is your character getting powers that make no sense to the character in question?

If that question is “making you angry”, then I’m genuinely sorry. That’s not the point. But since you’re leading the charge on me, it seems pretty obvious I’d want to examine the hole in the logic being used to hang me....

I actually don't want to lynch you if the peek doesn't come back before 9pm.

I want to be certain on you, and I have a way of doing that so I'd be advocating going for someone else actually, in case it doesn't come back in time.

I haven't decided who yet.

I'll be honest Necro, what Lord is saying is lining up with what I've been saying about you and sKeith.

Literally every prize has been character aligned bar yours. I'm open to correction on it but as far as I can tell you're the exception.

I kind of wish you'd waited before making your selection. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Do you not believe that Necro won a peek in the tapestry competition?

I'll be honest Necro, what Lord is saying is lining up with what I've been saying about you and sKeith.

Literally every prize has been character aligned bar yours. I'm open to correction on it but as far as I can tell you're the exception.

I kind of wish you'd waited before making your selection. :(

Fine, just kill me so with the dragon fire. When I flip as Ser Bronn the non-converted maybe just maybe someone will actually start listening to what I'm saying

Maybe we need to try to get some FFAs in?

Not sure if Ecto is gonna shoot until she hears more opinions instead of just Lord & Necro going back and forth on Bronn's powers not matching

sKeith wrote: »
    Do you not believe that Necro won a peek in the tapestry competition?

Leaning towards no now, more than yes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

So, the Lord of Light has been generous today!

I also have an alignment peek. I’m stoking a fire to peek into at the moment, please give me your thoughts on who to look at.

Fine, just kill me so with the dragon fire. When I flip as Ser Bronn the non-converted maybe just maybe someone will actually start listening to what I'm saying

I've listened. Try being objective for a minute. I can see why loads wanted to lynch me even if it's based on drawing false conclusions. Can you not see the issue others might have about your situation?

• Advertisement

I honestly could care less about these powers not matching. It's a stupid pointless argument.

I have told the truth on thread every step of the way so far.

I said I won a prize that could reverse any kill - I reversed Choccy's brainless decision to off me.

I went after Mick since day 1 and oh my, he flipped as the Night King.

I don't care tbh, I found the Night King, I did my job as a villager this game.

Time for the rest of you to step up

*Smug activated*

giphy.gif

Advertisement