Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Ashamed of nothing, Offended by everything.
    Well said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Ring Paveen pointless and report it . See if these arsehole can do anything. We are paying these **** for their organisation to exist see if they actually have any role . Or maybe they will just ignore you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ring Paveen pointless and report it . See if these arsehole can do anything. We are paying these **** for their organisation to exist see if they actually have any role . Or maybe they will just ignore you.......

I suppose you are talking about Pavee Point.
    You probably know that they have no role in law enforcement.

The situation is bad enough without giving useless advice to victims of criminality.
    Garda Station, report, statement, PULSE number. Only way to go.

elperello wrote: »
    I suppose you are talking about Pavee Point.
    You probably know that they have no role in law enforcement.

The situation is bad enough without giving useless advice to victims of criminality.
    Garda Station, report, statement, PULSE number. Only way to go.

Ashamed of nothing, Offended by everything

It appears law enforcement have no role in law enforcement and your right I do mean paveen pointless . The guards are a waste of time and every time one of these cnuts breaks a fingernail these arseholes are all over it but when the behaviour of the people they represent is appalling they go to ground. Drag these arseholes out from under their ****inf ethnically recognised rock and challenge them on the behaviour of their ****in ilk .

"Garda Station, report, statement, PULSE number"

**** off ,bul**** pay for the damage yourself, no further enquiries, not enough evidence to bring a case blahh blahh ****in blah......

Never work , never contribute, never pay tax .

Get paid , get services , face no consequences,

Have I summed up these ****ers existence in Ireland for you. GWAN DADDIE

• Advertisement

Get that prick John Collins raven spokesman on local radio and make him explain why the travellers illegally camped there are 1. Not moving & 2. Allowing their many kids cause criminal damage to people driving by .if these cnuts can use the media when it suit why can't we. Fcuk them a d their bulsit ethnic status

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Enda Kenny our former Teeshock gave them Ethnic Status, and walked away leaving the rest of us to deal with it.

He will never have a home invasion from that cohort now. He knew what he was doing in Rural Ireland. Gobshyte.

Enda Kenny our former Teeshock gave them Ethnic Status, and walked away leaving the rest of us to deal with it.

He will never have a home invasion from that cohort now. He knew what he was doing in Rural Ireland. Gobshyte.

An odious little spineless cockroach.

Get that prick John Collins raven spokesman on local radio and make him explain why the travellers illegally camped there are 1. Not moving & 2. Allowing their many kids cause criminal damage to people driving by .if these cnuts can use the media when it suit why can't we. Fcuk them a d their bulsit ethnic status

Now with those three posts I hope you have got it off your chest and you have calmed down.

I repeat the only way to make progress is to report each and every incident to AGS. Make a statement and get a PULSE number.
    The incident then becomes a statistical reality.

The next step is to contact local representatives, TDs etc and get them to put pressure on to get action.

There are no easy answers.

OK I'm out for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

elperello wrote: »
    Now with those three posts I hope you have got it off your chest and you have calmed down.

I repeat the only way to make progress is to report each and every incident to AGS. Make a statement and get a PULSE number.
    The incident then becomes a statistical reality.

The next step is to contact local representatives, TDs etc and get them to put pressure on to get action.

There are no easy answers.

I wondered if dashcam footage would be acceptable to the authorities ..... maybe even make it public and force some open discussion about such incidences?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why so

Because your last few posts have been absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I see the land opposite the Gaeilscoil is being cleared off. Wonder what's going in there.

A lot of people living in cloud cuckoo land.. Call the guards on tinkers?

Effin joke and a waste of time.

A person would have as much chance of having their own ass hauled in (would be a result for the so-called Guardians of the Peace) if the Gardaí deigned to call out behind a legitimate complaint, as they would in getting any justice. :mad:

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded/ getting paid (in the legal system, employed by an NGO etc) or as they say "well got" ie someone important who's been a victim of these feral inbred scum.

One can only hope that a hard rain's a gonna fall on all these scum and their enablers. :pac::pac::pac:

Jump through hoops to get justice: make a formal complaint - bs, demand a pulse number - more bs. What a CROCK!!

An ordinary joe soap would have to do a lot less than these feral inbreds to see the inside of a courtroom.. Low hanging fruit and all of that..

If that hard rain does fall I hope i'm there to see it.

I'm thinking of a few Law Abiding Citizen types.. But the deluded and the do-gooder would consider these saviours to be worse than the scum :D:D

"Undermining the Justice system" they would spout. There aint no justice system when it comes to the feral inbred parasites because the system in the main ignores them.. Too much rich and influential benefitting from their activities.. Meanwhile tens - maybe hundreds of thousands having to suffer these cvnts through intimidation/assault/robbery/vandalism on the daily.
    But the do-gooder doesn't give a toss about them :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Cruelty to animals for one and a danger to traffic,then stop and check to see if the horse is chipped and has a passport if it doesn't then they are breaking the law and the horse should be seized.

That is all well and good in theory, but what are the Gardai going to do with a seized horse? All the pounds are underfunded, over capacity and cannot handle what they have as it is, not to mind rounding loads of seized horses that will only be abandoned.

And as for the horse not having a passport or a chip, - well there is a very easy defence to being accused of breaking that law!...."sure that not my horse at all boss, I was only trotting it for a feen".
    Again, just another example of how a law made with good intentions fails miserably because it just does not work in practice in the real world of wide boys and cute hurrs who have an answer for everything.

Same goes for the Gardai seizing cars for different reasons, or the NCT impounding cars that have serious safety failures - what are they going to do with hundred of seized and subsequently abondoned cars. It will cost a furtune and consume already scarce resources and be an all round hassle for no great benefit.

This is not the 1800's horses should not be on roads with cars.
    Not only is this NOT illegal, but it is amply provided for in the law. Read the Rules of the Road - there are many references to horses being lawfully on the road. There is nothing wrong with it when it is done properly, even with a sulky behind. The problem is the inappropriate and dangerous instances of it that often occur within the traveler community.

That is all well and good in theory, but what are the Gardai going to do with a seized horse?

Send them to the knackers ...... recycle!
    Same goes for the Gardai seizing cars for different reasons,

Send them to the breakers ...... recycle.

Start with those that have been impounded the longest (more than a month) and if the items have more value in reuse sell them rather than recycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

All going to cost more money again though. That is the problem.

And sure any car worth anything would be taken out and repaired. The NCT/gardai would be left with all the aul abandoned wrecks that, again, will cost money to dispose of .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was driving out the Carrickphierish Road tonight about 7pm and 3 little sh!ts outside the halting threw big stones at my little car :(

Not to distract from what happened but given the place is a kip why take that road at all? I'd be nowhere near it esp after dark and there is an alternative route albeit more time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

And funnily enough, almost all of the councillors voted to expand the halting site .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The sort of ranting bigotry shown by some here is just not on, regardless of how frustrating this situation/behaviour is. Try to make your point without name-calling or sweeping generalisations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They probably decided to expand "a ghetto" and keep the trouble in one place rather than annoy more people by suggesting a new site in a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Azatadine wrote: »
    And funnily enough, almost all of the councillors voted to expand the halting site .....

They voted to expand by another seven bays, which will double the amount of travellers up there at the moment......

All going to cost more money again though. That is the problem.

And sure any car worth anything would be taken out and repaired. The NCT/gardai would be left with all the aul abandoned wrecks that, again, will cost money to dispose of .

I'm not sure about the cost aspect ...... but if this is done continuously then there would be no large 'stocking' of animals or wrecks, and those 'owners' would soon get the message ...... there is not an infinite supply of horses or bangers.

Prosecute those who can definitely be identified as owners as well as destroying/selling the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Had my shed robbed in Mount Suir Saturday night / Sunday morning and an attempt to come through the front door last night. Reported to AGS and they were out quite quickly, made statement etc. I don't expect anything to come of it but at least keep reporting incidents.

Personally I find the kids out of Ard Cluain to be worse than the travellers. They've hit my car with stones going back a year ago and over xmas did it to my van. Same ones were trying to burn down the unfinished houses in Woodlawn going back 18 months or so ago.

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Had my shed robbed in Mount Suir Saturday night / Sunday morning and an attempt to come through the front door last night. Reported to AGS and they were out quite quickly, made statement etc. I don't expect anything to come of it but at least keep reporting incidents.

Personally I find the kids out of Ard Cluain to be worse than the travellers. They've hit my car with stones going back a year ago and over xmas did it to my van. Same ones were trying to burn down the unfinished houses in Woodlawn going back 18 months or so ago.

Personally I find Travellers and Traveller kids to be worse than kids in general - generally everywhere.

But then again there are pockets/clusters of 10 - 12 houses with non travellers, that on a Pro Rata basis; whose inhabitants are far worse than travellers.

It all depends on perspective really and the slant people are willing to put on statistics to justify the unjustifiable.

There are also more Irish people who are considered "settled" (I'm Irish and like many others I don't wish to have my Nationality modified to differentiate myself from a minority that are in the main - and here comes a noun that is acceptable in my book to label ANYONE who has multiple convictions racked up, and more than a sizeable minority of travellers have - SCUM) in prison than Travellers.

That's the level of argument coming from many who don't have one

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Personally I find Travellers and Traveller kids to be worse than kids in general - generally everywhere.

But then again there are pockets/clusters of 10 - 12 houses with non travellers, that on a Pro Rata basis; whose inhabitants are far worse than travellers.

It all depends on perspective really and the slant people are willing to put on statistics to justify the unjustifiable.

There are also more Irish people who are considered "settled" (I'm Irish and like many others I don't wish to have my Nationality modified to differentiate myself from a minority that are in the main - and here comes a noun that is acceptable in my book to label ANYONE who has multiple convictions racked up, and more than a sizeable minority of travellers have - SCUM) in prison than Travellers.

That's the level of argument coming from many who don't have one

Generally I would agree. But in terms of trouble and hassle up here my own experience is what I've stated.

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Generally I would agree. But in terms of trouble and hassle up here my own experience is what I've stated.

That's (un)fair enough. You can only speak on your own experience.
    Sorry for your troubles :o

Just personally most hassle I get ( and I don't live in the thread vicinity) comes from travellers, and they're usually in the late teens+ bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I think there needs to be more emphasis on traveller education. Most traveller kids drop out by 16 years old. They're really needs to be a liason with their parents to keep their kids in school.

I think there needs to be more emphasis on traveller education. Most traveller kids drop out by 16 years old. They're really needs to be a liason with their parents to keep their kids in school.

Has that not been the case for decades now?
    Has there been any great improvement in their acceptance of society and its laws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Has that not been the case for decades now?
    Has there been any great improvement in their acceptance of society and its laws?

Bigotry is certainly not going to change anything anyway only reinforces the division.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement