Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

91wx763 wrote:
    I wonder if there's a link. Could be someone living in the first few houses because all the gards are at the entrance to the estate....

Ah could be anything, travelers, drugs, travelers & drugs, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah could be anything, travelers, drugs, travelers & drugs, who knows

You're very narrow minded in our opinions aren't you.....

91wx763 wrote:
    You're very narrow minded in our opinions aren't you.....

Extremely, I'm sure we ll find out soon about this mess

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Exactly! Its like a comment I heard about homeless people "Why don't they just get a job?". As if its just that easy, click your fingers, they don't even have an address ffs. How can they just get a job. The ignorance and stupidity of some people still surprises me.

A number of the people who are homeless need a phone with internet and they can make money. Good money.

FutureGuy wrote:
    A number of the people who are homeless need a phone with internet and they can make money. Good money.

This should be interesting! How?

• Advertisement

This should be interesting! How?

Easy to figure out! If I dropped you in a city with no money and a phone, what would you do to get money legally?

FutureGuy wrote:
    Easy to figure out! If I dropped you in a city with no money and a phone, what would you do to get money legally?

Easy, sell my body of course. So the solution to homelessness is give them a phone, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just reading about it now. Was it on the road by the shop? Looks like there was a getaway car too? Drug related? Jeepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Azatadine wrote: »
    Drug related? Jeepers.

Probably. I doubt the guy got shot for his charitable works.

That whole stretch of road, excluding the Gaeilscoil, should be bulldozed to the ground.

• Advertisement

What's the story with the fields across from the halting site, who owns them? City council?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Gardaí saying it may be a result of an escalation of a feud.

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/12/24/waterford-shooting-may-be-escalation-of-a-feud/

Easy, sell my body of course. So the solution to homelessness is give them a phone, yea?

Haha. Wouldnt be the solution I would think of but to each their own I guess!

What's the story with the fields across from the halting site, who owns them? City council?

I dont know. I'd imagine they will have to sort out the halting site situation if they want to develop those fields for housing though. That road needs some private estates but it's hard to see anybody buying a house there as things stand.

I think a poster earlier in the thread said that Frisby owns some of the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Azatadine wrote: »
    I dont know. I'd imagine they will have to sort out the halting site situation if they want to develop those fields for housing though. That road needs some private estates but it's hard to see anybody buying a house there as things stand.

I think a poster earlier in the thread said that Frisby owns some of the land.

You would think that but all the new private houses at the back of Sherlock walk sold this year.
    The area definitely needs some private housing, but the halting site needs to be moved to a less visible place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Im living in Waterford 3 yrs now and this was one of the areas i looked around when i was getting a gaff. Absolutely delighted i didnt get a house here. Not only would i never be able to sell it but life would be a living hell as the Gardai simply will not deal with the travellers. They are too scared of them.

Feel sorry for the people stuck there.

It was on WLR about installing another 7 bay halting site up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://entertainment.ie/tv/all-channels/

RTE Investigates tonight at 10.15

Travellers Lives on the Fringes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

elperello wrote: »
    https://entertainment.ie/tv/all-channels/

RTE Investigates tonight at 10.15

Travellers Lives on the Fringes

Program removed ,showbands on instead.

Program removed ,showbands on instead.

Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

I was driving out the Carrickphierish Road tonight about 7pm and 3 little sh!ts outside the halting threw big stones at my little car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I was driving out the Carrickphierish Road tonight about 7pm and 3 little sh!ts outside the halting threw big stones at my little car :(

Did they manage to hit it? Sh!theads. They need a good boot up the hole.

alta stare wrote: »
    Did they manage to hit it? Sh!theads. They need a good boot up the hole.

Yeah, there was two big thuds. They missed the window though, thank God. They could have broken my window when my 2-year old was sitting in her baby seat, something needs to be done about the anti-social behaviour up there.

Yeah, there was two big thuds. They missed the window though, thank God. They could have broken my window when my 2-year old was sitting in her baby seat, something needs to be done about the anti-social behaviour up there.

Sorry to hear about that.
    Actually that's not anti-social behaviour.
    If the car is damaged it's criminal damage.

You should consider going to the Garda Station to report the incident.
    If you decide to do so insist on making a formal statement so that the incident will be recorded.

And yet, some people defend that ghetto up there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

elperello wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Actually that's not anti-social behaviour.
    If the car is damaged it's criminal damage.

You should consider going to the Garda Station to report the incident.
    If you decide to do so insist on making a formal statement so that the incident will be recorded.

Report it . Nothing will be done when officials can genuinely say that they have had no reports as in nothing reported to gardai or through council procedures. Giving out here and on Facebook doesn't make a difference if nothing official is lodged.

debok wrote: »
    Report it . Nothing will be done when officials can genuinely say that they have had no reports as in nothing reported to gardai or through council procedures. Giving out here and on Facebook doesn't make a difference if nothing official is lodged.

I did report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Little w@nkers. Glad no one got hurt. Ill be honest even though you reported it nothing will be done. The cops dont want to go anywhere near those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Muttley79

I posted the exact same thing on this thread back on 1st September last year,must be the exact same shysters,right across the road from daddy looking out the window in his caravan,he didn’t even bother tell them to stop.cars in front of me got hit.luckily enough they didn’t hit my van or I would have got out.absolute disgrace they can carry on like this and no punishment from either parents or the guards.they are a law onto themselves on that road.

• Advertisement

Ashamed of nothing, Offended by everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement