Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have a mini selection headache.....
    Need to play 2 from these 4
    Lundstrum home to Lecister
    Carchart home to West Ham
    Cantwell home to Chelsea
    King away to city
    3rd sub no matter what will be Greenwood

I am treating Lundstrum as a midfielder in my head to make this easier as I am looking at either 541 or 451 and I do not think I have EVER played such a boring looking formation!!!!!

All predicted points algorithms have Catchart as the clear starter. I swore I would never start him again.......
    Then it is tight between King and Cantwell with Lundstrum the 4th

I have had Lundstrum as the definite along with Cantwell but I am doubting myself now and wondering am I chasing last weeks points...........
    Don,t expect much from King but he is a striker on pens in a home game...........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thinking of:

Vardy > Pukki
    BSilva > KDB

Have 2 FT.

Current squad:
    Pope
    Foster
    Coleman
    Lascelles
    Mee
    Montoya
    Van Dijk
    Mane
    Salah
    Sissoko
    Grealish
    B Silva
    Ings
    King
    Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Played the free hit tab. Ditched Wilson, Kean, Zinchenko, Salah, Barkley, Siggy and Robertson. Introduced Kane, KDB, VVD, Jiminez, KWP, Martial and Tussard. Captaining Kane as I think he could do damage against Newcastle, and Sterling and KDB will do better vs Bournemouth than Salah vs. Arsenal (dreading this coming back to bite me though). Martial with 2 in 2, which probably means he'll blank now against CP knowing my luck with gambling :D

So 4-4-2:

Ryan
    AWB-VVD-KWP-Digne
    Sterling-KDB-Martial-Tussard
    Kane (c)-Jiminez

Happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Cantwell home to Chelsea
    King away to city

I am treating Lundstrum as a midfielder in my head to make this easier as I am looking at either 541 or 451 and I do not think I have EVER played such a boring looking formation!!!!!

All predicted points algorithms have Catchart as the clear starter. I swore I would never start him again.......

I have had Lundstrum as the definite along with Cantwell but I am doubting myself now and wondering am I chasing last weeks points...........
    Don,t expect much from King but he is a striker on pens in a home game...........

Not sure if this helps but I have Cathcart, Cantwell and King and will be starting all of them :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Took a -4
    Robertson, Barkley, Perez out
    DeBruyne, Cellabos, Lundstram in

Pope
    VVD Lundstram Digne Diop
    Salah Sterling Cellabos DeBruyne
    Kane King

.5 in the bank to upgrate Diop/Rico next week (or possibly King - Pukki if he keeps scoring)

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps but I have Cathcart, Cantwell and King and will be starting all of them :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you could only start 2 of them .............
    I’ve always been someone who plays attackers over defenders and I just don’t trust Watford at home to west ham so I’m finding it hard to start Catchart
    Norwich are VERY attacking and Chelsea are VERY open so Cantwell is almost certain for me
    King ......I don’t know . Kane hardly got a kick against city last weekend and he is obviously much better than King . Fairly sure Bournemouth rolled over at home to city last season too

And then there is Lundstrum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

If you could only start 2 of them .............
    I’ve always been someone who plays attackers over defenders and I just don’t trust Watford at home to west ham so I’m finding it hard to start Catchart
    Norwich are VERY attacking and Chelsea are VERY open so Cantwell is almost certain for me
    King ......I don’t know . Kane hardly got a kick against city last weekend and he is obviously much better than King . Fairly sure Bournemouth rolled over at home to city last season too

And then there is Lundstrum

I’d play Cantwell and probably King. He’s at home to City, not away and does have pens in his locker.

I think Cathcart and Lundstram have a 2 point ceiling tbh (I reckon both concede) so I’d roll the dice on a Bournemouth consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Montoya
    Lundstram

Who to play? I have Trossard in midfield so maybe Lundz but I also have Madison playing in my 11.

Benimar wrote: »
    I’d play Cantwell and probably King. He’s at home to City, not away and does have pens in his locker.

I think Cathcart and Lundstram have a 2 point ceiling tbh (I reckon both concede) so I’d roll the dice on a Bournemouth consolation.

Yeah that is the way I am going I think
    Started week as 541 then moved to 451 now 352. I just prefer chancing attackers. And City do have a habit of giving away consolation goals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

GBX wrote: »
    Thinking of:

Vardy > Pukki
    BSilva > KDB

Have 2 FT.

Current squad:
    Pope
    Foster
    Coleman
    Lascelles
    Mee
    Montoya
    Van Dijk
    Mane
    Salah
    Sissoko
    Grealish
    B Silva
    Ings
    King
    Vardy

Vardy is a big Sheffield Wednesday fan apparently. Hopefully he can bang in a few goals against United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »
    Montoya
    Lundstram

Who to play? I have Trossard in midfield so maybe Lundz but I also have Madison playing in my 11.

I would go Montoya there.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Ederson
    Heaton

AWB
    Robertson
    Montoya
    Digne
    Lundstrom

Salah
    KDB
    Martial
    Perez
    Dedoncker

Aubameyang
    King
    Greenwood

2 FT. Lack of Sterling and Kane this week is annoying me. Straight swap out for my other big 2 leaves me without any Liverpool attack which will surely notch this week. And I'd be a fan of sigurdsson or richarlison tonight

Any suggestions?

Ederson
    Heaton

AWB
    Robertson
    Montoya
    Digne
    Lundstrom

Salah
    KDB
    Martial
    Perez
    Dedoncker

Aubameyang
    King
    Greenwood

2 FT. Lack of Sterling and Kane this week is annoying me. Straight swap out for my other big 2 leaves me without any Liverpool attack which will surely notch this week. And I'd be a fan of sigurdsson or richarlison tonight

Any suggestions?

https://fplreview.com/team-planner/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He has been playing well it seems. If Lundstram hadn't scored last week it would be a no brainer, stick to the plan etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Cantwell home to Chelsea
    King away to city

I heard during the week on the Totally Football Show Podcast that Watford haven't kept a clean sheet for a very long time (I cant remember exactly) so I would echo your thoughts and leave Catchart on the bench, despite what the RMT tools say.

I'd give Lunstrom the nod and then Cantwell, but it's close with King.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,084 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A wait and see for me. There’s a possibility he won’t start against Newcastle and the fact he is in the same price bracket as KDB is a negative against him for me. I think the Ginger Prince is a better option for the time being with his fixtures.

I think anyone not getting KDB is missing a trick.

The Newcastle game is a plum one for Spurs this week, but you'll want double City attack for the next few GWs. If I'd an extra spot at that price, I'd be all over Son, but I don't.

Kane is the best Spurs attacking cover IMO because of the competition in the 9.5 and over bracket in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,084 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The big pull for Lundstram is his position. I wouldn't trust Sheff Utd for clean sheets, so pick him if you saw enough for attacking potential over your other options.

I'm going Cantwell over Lundstram.

If my start this season is anything to go by, that means a Cantwell 1 pointer and Lundstram with double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It uses last week's team for me, despite the fact I have overhauled my squad with the WC

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    It uses last week's team for me, despite the fact I have overhauled my squad with the WC

They all do that
    Otherwise people could use your team Id to look at your transfers ..............

You can delete and add players to it
    It’s handy
    It’s mainly why I have FFS membership
    This may do me next year now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Salah and vvd to Sterling and Dunk.

Too knee jerk?

Leaves me with only Robertson for any Pool cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

dahat wrote: »
    Montoya
    Lundstram

Montoya for me too, have both and playing both. Cathcart on the bench.

Thinking of putting Cathcart in for Barkley and getting rid of the latter next week. Madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

mdwexford wrote: »
    Salah and vvd to Sterling and Dunk.

Too knee jerk?

Leaves me with only Robertson for any Pool cover.

Im thinking along similar lines, well Salah to Sterling just. I have Robertson as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

not really much of a clue who to play / bench...

Wan-Bis Zinchenko Montoya VVD Lundstrum
    Dendonker Mount Mane Zaha KDB
    Kane Wilson Pukki

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any obvious move you would make here? I had 2 FT going into GW3 but I used 1 to get Mount in for Perez before they both price changed.

Pope/Heaton
    VVD Digne Dunk Ake Kelly
    Sterling Salah Mount Moura Dendocker
    Kane Greenwood King

Have 0.5 remaing ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any obvious move you would make here? I had 2 FT going into GW3 but I used 1 to get Mount in for Perez before they both price changed.

Pope/Heaton
    VVD Digne Dunk Ake Kelly
    Kane Greenwood King

Have 0.5 remaing ITB

King to Pukki if you fancy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I ended up doing Barkley to Ceballos before rises/falls, felt very knee-jerk but hoping it pays off. With my other FT I did Perez to Maddison. Felt a little sideways, but I didn't want to hop off the Leicester train yet and on the evidence so far I think Maddison is worth the extra 0.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

2 FT
    Aubameyang -> Kane is done

Perez-> Mount is the one that may or may not be done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cantwell home to Chelsea
    King away to city

Not playing a Watford central defender would always be an ambition of mine.

I can't see Bournemouth scoring more than once say at City and your guy have to be involved somehow for it to be worth your while.

I like Sheffield for home clean sheets this year. But while we can think of Lundstrum as OOP his go to role will be to defend from that position. I've him benched because I have Henderson. I like them for cleanies but I don't love them.

And if Chelsea continue their headless chicken play I'd continue to play all against them. Especially a team with a lot of big men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Pope/Heaton
    VVD Digne Dunk Ake Kelly
    Kane Greenwood King

Have 0.5 remaing ITB

Could bank and use the cash + extra transfer next week to grab another city attacker
    Their next three are Brighton at home, Norwich away and Watford at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The best forward for 6.4 please?

Naturally I broke Deeney....

Advertisement