Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 3 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Foyth is back from suspension might be still carrying a knock but Walker Peter's could be subject to rotation. Also throw aurier into the mix

Foyth won't be back in training until September, he was injured in pre-season.

Rumours that Aurier could be leaving the club before the European window closes too.

But still one to keep an eye one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    Yes

Who will lose out, Lamela?

Damn, I've gone and got him in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jeez. I have 5+ transfers to make at this stage. WC a possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Yes

Who will lose out, Lamela?

Damn, I've gone and got him in

I'm interested in Son but the situation is a bit murky. Lamela and Moura haven't done much to deserve being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm interested in Son but the situation is a bit murky. Lamela and Moura haven't done much to deserve being dropped.

Well Moura was dropped for the last game. Can't see him being included now that Son is available. I'm shipping him out after tonight's game.

He'll still score from their bench imo but need definite starters at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Moura was dropped sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Any thoughts on Lanzini? Nicely priced at 6.5m and has Watford Norwich Villa for his next three

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Moura was dropped sunday

I know but scoring the equaliser after coming on, you'd think that might get him the start and Son gets eased back in with a sub appearance instead.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Lanzini? Nicely priced at 6.5m and has Watford Norwich Villa for his next three

Yep certainly on my radar
    But prob can’t due to more pressing transfers
    Perez to him is a good move imo
    If I WC after gw4 he will be under serious consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

many considering Mount ?

edit...went for it

Salah/Vardy/Barks - Out

Sterling/Firminio/Mountc- In

• Advertisement

miller82 wrote: »
    many considering Mount ?

Not after their second half display
    A wait and see for a few weeks as I also want to see his minutes with so much competition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Thinking of dropping Vardy and getting in Kane. Would like to get KDB either but think Kane will be the better bet long term. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thinking of dropping Vardy and getting in Kane. Would like to get KDB either but think Kane will be the better bet long term. Any thoughts?

Charge your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

siblers wrote: »
    Didn't see any of Chelsea, did Mount lookup to much? Need rid of Barkley

Mount looks good but Chelsea don’t. They were very lucky to get the draw in the end. All over the place in the second half.

Having watched the game, Maddison was the best player on the pitch by a fair bit. Had a terrific second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Have 2 FTs but no clue what to do, would like Martial but don't want to offload Ricky or Perez with those fixtures.
    Simpson from Bournemouth to Lundstram maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I will probably do Perez to Martial as I have Vardy too. Need to fund it by either:

TAA to AWB (I have VVD)
    or
    Wilson to Pukki

Feel like TAA to AWB might be best way, would reduce my dependency on Pool defence and give me a United defender which might be essential soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Lundstrom and Sterling both look like rising tonight

I am now considering a hit
    Those .1 rises at the start of the season are a killer.
    I kept 0.5 back last year and I ended up not taking a hit till after xmas I think
    Stupid Norwood. Should have stuck with Dendoncker and 0.5 ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Have two free transfers

Option one - Hojbjerg and Robertson for Martial and a 5.0m defender (one of Dunk, Duffy, Monreal or Maitland Niles) and play a 4-5-1 with
    Aubameyang up front alone (my other two forwards are Wickham and Greenwood)

Or

Option two - Robertson and Greenwood out for Wan-Bissaka and Barnes (good fixtures) and switch to a 4-4-2

I want Man Utd cover but which one of Martial or Wan-Bissaka.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

4 point hit now taken, mainly to chase value.

Barkley to Ceballos
    Perez to Martial
    Wilson to Pulkki

Leaves me with:

Pope (Heaton)
    Kiko Fermenia, Digne, Lundstram, Robertson (Adam Smith)
    Ceballos, Sterling, Salah, Martial (Dendoncker)
    Kane, Pukki (Greenwood)

0.7 banked.

• Advertisement

Moura and Wilson out
    Cantwell and Kane in

Henderson (Button)
    VVD, Digne, AWB (Lundstram, Cathcart)
    Salah, Sterling, Martial, Perez, Cantwell
    Kane, Pukki

Probably edging towards double Norwich attack vs a very open Chelsea team. Kane in for the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Transfers done

Had 2

Neves and PEA out
    Martial and Rashford in

Suspect Rashford will be back on pens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wood to Pukki. Despise early transfers but my team value already horrible. Saving 0.5 preseason helped here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lundstrum, Pukki, Sterling, Dunk and Cantwell all look like rising

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Moura to Son
    Barkley to Cantwell.

Son is expensive at 9.5. Hope it pays off

Green&Red wrote: »
    Lundstrum, Pukki, Sterling, Dunk and Cantwell all look like rising

Only differences on Fix is that they also have Martial and Pickford but not Cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So Pukki is the first bandwagon of the season... But with Chelsea & City in their next 3 it he worth it?

Also is it worth keeping a 'Pool def for now? Was tempted to do Robbo -> VVD to allow Martial in but Mina or AWB may be better ideas considering their respective upcoming runs?

iroced wrote: »
    So Pukki is the first bandwagon of the season... But with Chelsea & City in their next 3 it he worth it?

Also is it worth keeping a 'Pool def for now? Was tempted to do Robbo -> VVD to allow Martial in but Mina or AWB may be better ideas considering their respective upcoming runs?

I think buying Pukki now is possibly missing the boat.

I’d hold all Liverpool defenders for the foreseeable. So no problem with Robertson to VVD.

Pogba to Martial done, Pogba is playing too deep to be any kind of constant threat the missed penalty was annoying but even if he scored it he was gone.

I waited to see if Ole would adjust his position against deeper opposition but it didn't happen

If he had scored it I may have gambled on him getting another price rise before Martial but that was unlikely and very unlikely now.

Martial at 7.6 is great value as an OOP player in an attacking team, especially given United look more solid at the back this year (not great but they should keep more clean sheets this year then last)

Have another free transfer and was considering a minus 4. I now have 2 non playing strikers but if I feel I can get away with it I might bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Robbo to Wan B
    Perez to Martial.

No hit.

Advertisement