Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭irishrepeat2

Pope (button)
    Mina, Dunk, Pieters (Kelly, Lundstram)
    Salah, Sterling, Martial, Ceballos (Cantwell)
    Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Thoughts guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    There are plenty of cut price strikers that have done a job for a season, or the best part of a season, in the past. For example, Jimenez last year, Charlie Austin a few years back at QPR and to delve really into the past, Darren Bent back when he came up with Charlton!

Kane was 4.8 at one stage in his breakthrough season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Andy Carrol before his big move to liverpool in January of that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Son. Discuss? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A wait and see for me. There’s a possibility he won’t start against Newcastle and the fact he is in the same price bracket as KDB is a negative against him for me. I think the Ginger Prince is a better option for the time being with his fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A wait and see for me. There’s a possibility he won’t start against Newcastle and the fact he is in the same price bracket as KDB is a negative against him for me. I think the Ginger Prince is a better option for the time being with his fixtures.

It's an exciting punt but I'll need to speak with the board about financing the deal alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

It's an exciting punt but I'll need to speak with the board about financing the deal alright!

I'm sure the board approve. Be careful if the board give you a vote of confidence... It normally doesn't end pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I think he's quoted as saying he's Strawberry Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Pererya to Trossard and Perez to Lanzini to avoid price drops. Wanted Lanzini initially as he had good form in pre-season but the opener against Man City put me off. With his assist and bonus against Brighton and some decent fixtures coming up, hopefully he can get some more returns. Trossard feels a bit more reactive but he was fairly lively at the weekend in a more attacking Brighton side.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

No Dad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Team needs a bit of surgery not sure what to do so opinions greatly appreciated

Current starting XI from last weekend
    Ederson (Button)
    Robbo Laporte Digne (TAA, Sanchez)
    Dendoncker, Guendouzi, Pogba, Martial, Sterling
    Auba, Origi (Greenwood)

Definitley getting one of the pool back 2 and origi out but no idea who to get in, any suggestions?

Currently toying with the idea of Trent to Kelly/Rico, Guendouzi to ?, Origi to Jimenez/Pukki for a -4 hit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

markc91 wrote: »
    Team needs a bit of surgery not sure what to do so opinions greatly appreciated

Current starting XI from last weekend
    Ederson (Button)
    Robbo Laporte Digne (TAA, Sanchez)
    Dendoncker, Guendouzi, Pogba, Martial, Sterling
    Auba, Origi (Greenwood)

Definitley getting one of the pool back 2 and origi out but no idea who to get in, any suggestions?

Currently toying with the idea of Trent to Kelly/Rico, Guendouzi to ?, Origi to Jimenez/Pukki for a -4 hit

Maybe Trent to Dunk /Montoya and Origi to Pukki for free.

Whoever you bring in for Guendouzi will start ahead of Dendoncker and not sure there is anyone in the price range worth a hit.

Benimar wrote: »

Whoever you bring in for Guendouzi will start ahead of Dendoncker and not sure there is anyone in the price range worth a hit.
    Pope (button)
    Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Thoughts guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really regretting going Cantwell Kane over KDB Pukki earlier in the week.

Almost tempted to wildcard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Benimar wrote: »

Pope (button)
    Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Thoughts guys?

How many transfers do you have?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Thinkin of doin salah to mane to free up a few bob. Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Tandey

Read somewhere recently that Mane has got 5 more goals than Salah in this calendar year so far. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Tandey wrote: »
    Read somewhere recently that Mane has got 5 more goals than Salah in this calendar year so far. Hope that helps.

Thats it, im sold :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think it can work but I'd do it as part of a multiple transfer. I wouldn't leave the money itb this week.

Captaincy is key and if we assume Milner starts after IB against NEW (H), opportunities to give Salah the armband are reduced between GW6 and GW12. (4 of the 7 games are against MCI, MUN, TOT and CHE)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

I have already transferred Vardy to Pukki in this GW. My plan was to transfer B Silva to KDB in the next GW with the funds I had freed up but is it worth taking the -4 hit this GW. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭COH

I'm not sold on Pukki in the slightest but I feel like I'll be left with my pants down if he produces again this weekend given his ownership. Have missed the price rises so would have to buy him at 6.8. Two free transfers... anyone care to talk me out of

Barkely > McGinn
    King > Pukki

?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Do we reckon Mount will keep his place as Chelsea's no. 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

COH wrote: »
    I'm not sold on Pukki in the slightest but I feel like I'll be left with my pants down if he produces again this weekend given his ownership. Have missed the price rises so would have to buy him at 6.8. Two free transfers... anyone care to talk me out of

Barkely > McGinn
    King > Pukki

?

nope. good transfers imo

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Do we reckon Mount will keep his place as Chelsea's no. 10?

I would think so for the time being at least. Lampard seems to really rate him and the fact they were together last season at Derby works in Mount's favour as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,871 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »

Barkely > McGinn
    King > Pukki

?
    As a Villa fan who has been watching McGinn since the start of last season, what is the logic of choosing him ahead of Ceballos? He is a class act but isn't that likely to put too much in by way of stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Deeney injured :(

Already used my FTs, so any move involves a hit. Bring in Pukki for a -4? Will have to play Cathcart or Dendoncker otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was hoping Perez might hold on til next gw
    Looks like he'll fall tonight so I might upgrade him to Martial before I'm priced out

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How many transfers do you have?.
    I 2
    I don't have much cash left though.
    Is my back line too weak?

I was thinking of swapping Kane for.a cheap striker and improving the defence.

Still what you make of my team overall? Weaknesses?

I 2
    I don't have much cash left though.
    Is my back line too weak?

I was thinking of swapping Kane for.a cheap striker and improving the defence.

Still what you make of my team overall? Weaknesses?

This could be good for you and maybe quite a few other posters too -

https://fplreview.com/team-planner/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Quick qs in relation to draft. I have both fornals and Anderson. Should I swap out fornals? Trossard and Harry Wilson are available. Cheers

Advertisement