Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Lads have you not already figured out that shes a fraud and taking the piss and a hypocrite at this stage? Why are you still banging on about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Nice junket. Doing well for someone whose childhood and future was stolen.

Yes indeed, fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think this was done in Swedish death metal style as some bizarre type of tribute - however it simply comes across as more reminiscence of one other well known orator of the last century. Very very odd ...

https://twitter.com/JohnMollusk/status/1177817397836832775?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My mother left school at 15 and shes done quite well. Im pretty sure our Greta is going to be fine, whether she goes back to school or not.
    she'll be 100% fine. Theres great money in apocalyptic books and the corporate after dinner circuit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

How come I don't have wealthy parents and get to travel around the world for free?

I think my childhood was stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

she'll be 100% fine. Theres great money in apocalyptic books

And 'the beast' is carbon.. in its most common natural forms, six protons, six neutrons and six electrons. Repent or burn for all eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Lads have you not already figured out that shes a fraud and taking the piss and a hypocrite at this stage? Why are you still banging on about it?

I heard she's the whistleblower on Trumps illegal requests to Ukraine PM all because she had to wait 10 seconds while he walked in to UN general assembly ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Milking the tax cattle, gin up the alarmism, hide behind children then grab the power.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I've scoured google images and there's literally only one photo I found of her not having her hair platted.

I guess the plats play into the image of an angelic little kid who can't be criticised. Very cultish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

lleti wrote: »
    I've scoured google images and there's literally only one photo I found of her not having her hair platted.

I guess the plats play into the image of an angelic little kid who can't be criticised. Very cultish.

Do you have an actual point to make or are snide and childish comments all you are capable of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What are you talking about, this thread is mostly just a bunch of weirdo blokes criticising her?!

Some of these new contributors always head straight for attacking how she looks. They also don't last very long. But there's always another one along.

Milking the tax cattle, gin up the alarmism, hide behind children then grab the power.

On one side, the scientific community, the other YouTube vloggers quoting conservative sources.

Scientific community or 10 minute video after 8 minute research

Science or 3rd hand sources

Who to believe, who to believe.....

gozunda wrote: »
    I think this was done in Swedish death metal style as some bizarre type of tribute - however it simply comes across as more reminiscence of one other well known orator of the last century. Very very odd ...

https://twitter.com/JohnMollusk/status/1177817397836832775?s=20

I enjoyed it! Although I'd be a big fan of Swedish death metal. So may be bias.

On one side, the scientific community, the other YouTube vloggers quoting conservative sources.

Scientific community or 10 minute video after 8 minute research

Science or 3rd hand sources

Who to believe, who to believe.....

It's a conundrum. Face the truth or delude yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

And 'the beast' is carbon.. in its most common natural forms, six protons, six neutrons and six electrons. Repent or burn for all eternity.

It is actually carbon dioxide. One carbon and 2 oxygen in an unholy alliance.

in all seriousness it is a major problem facing our world, and whatever happens the status quo can't continue.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Some of these new contributors always head straight for attacking how she looks. They also don't last very long. But there's always another one along.

Yeah it's not like Trump, Johnson or May were mocked over their appearance :rolleyes:

so the definition is:

everyone fawning over this farce- normal

everyone unconvinced- weirdos

quality posting from the usual sources itt i see

so the definition is:

everyone fawning over this farce- normal

everyone unconvinced- weirdos

quality posting from the usual sources itt i see

Won't listen to Al Gore for decades. Won't listen to scientists for decades. Won't listen to green politicians for decades.

Child from Sweden says something - I WILL LISTEN TO YOUR EVERY WORD AND TREAT IT AS GOSPEL

• Advertisement

Won't listen to Al Gore for decades. Won't listen to scientists for decades. Won't listen to green politicians for decades.

Child from Sweden says something - I WILL LISTEN TO YOUR EVERY WORD AND TREAT IT AS GOSPEL

BS.

It's because Greta is deferring to the scientists, I agree with her message.
    It's because she has motivated a global conversation, I applaud her behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

joe40 wrote: »

in all seriousness it is a major problem facing our world, and whatever happens the status quo can't continue.

Without carbon dioxide there would be no plant life on Earth. Without plant life, very few other forms of life could exist.
    In all the debate about carbon, I have never heard anyone acknowledge the vital life-giving role that atmospheric carbon dioxide plays. Nor have I ever heard anyone suggest what the concentration of CO2 should be.

How do you deal with a problem that you can't measure and must use theoretical proxies to test the hypotheses?

An Unsettling Look at the Settled Science of Global Warming - Part 2:Layman’s Discussion
    John Eggert P.Eng

It's a question of priorities and cost benefit analysis, that ranks much lower that you think.

If he's creating publicity for conservation then great. Apart from that, I don't give a damn what he thinks.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Without carbon dioxide there would be no plant life on Earth. Without plant life, very few other forms of life could exist.
    In all the debate about carbon, I have never heard anyone acknowledge the vital life-giving role that atmospheric carbon dioxide plays. Nor have I ever heard anyone suggest what the concentration of CO2 should be.

Seriously, you've heard nothing about the concern relating to 400 ppm and how we have reached and surpassed that figure in the last 100 years?

From Kara Agustenberg

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_12496210

Roger_007 wrote: »

Yeah. What is accepted throughout science is that we are producing too much CO2 and it is causing the planet to warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Seriously, you've heard nothing about the concern relating to 400 ppm and how we have reached and surpassed that figure in the last 100 years?

From Kara Agustenberg

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_12496210

If 400ppm is too much, what is the correct level?

BS.

It's because Greta is deferring to the scientists, I agree with her message.
    It's because she has motivated a global conversation, I applaud her behaviour.

I think everyone is aware of the message now...

Yet...you'd think peoples actions would begin to change by now no?

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1018260113814061057?lang=en

It was quite ironic actually....record breaking heatwaves in Europe on the same day a record number of flights tracked online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Hey he did a great deal for the environment. No more carbon emissions from the shepherds he blew to pieces from the helicopter.

• Advertisement

I think everyone is aware of the message now...

Yet...you'd think peoples actions would begin to change by now no?

It was quite ironic actually....record breaking heatwaves in Europe on the same day a record number of flights tracked online.

Wow, maybe Greta would be better off talking to governments or political groupings to try to get them to enforce positive action.

I mean that would mean going to talk to maybe the EU, or UN, or HoC, or US Congress for example.

Maybe she should do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement