Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

D&D Tutorial Game: Big Trouble in Little Nectopia

135

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    Necro wrote: »
    The gnome pulls out a book and quill.

    'Sign here, 50 credits.'

    I sign it "Captain Hemsworth" as the gnome is distracted talking to Hom.

    Necro wrote: »

    'Oh, a halfie, wait yer turn halfie. Ye can get water from the stream yonder past the smelter.'
    On hearing the gnome use the term Halfie I step back, clearing a little space on the offchance that the half-orc is temperamental about racial slurs. I eye up the exits.

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭ Guffy


    Necro wrote: »
    OOC: You have your starting equipment, anything else is extra

    At the trading post Hom runs into Nuklok trading with the gnome.

    'Oh, a halfie, wait yer turn halfie. Ye can get water from the stream yonder past the smelter.'

    Hom's eyes flash with anger and he snarls at the Gnome 'Hold your tongue, small nose, or I will run you through." Hom was hangry now and this Gnome picked at the wrong string to strum, "Get me the rations as i said and add a healing potion". He glances at Nuklok as he steps back, then back to the Gnome menacingly, he growls low enough for Nuklok to not hear "and put it on his tab".


    Ooc: #d20 correct? Rolled a 10 +1= 11 i think :/


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Guffy wrote: »
    Hom's eyes flash with anger and he snarls at the Gnome 'Hold your tongue, small nose, or I will run you through." Hom was hangry now and this Gnome picked at the wrong string to strum, "Get me the rations as i said". He glances at Nuklok as he steps back, then back to the Gnome menacingly, he growls low enough for Nuklok to not hear "and put it on his tab".


    Ooc: #d20 correct? Rolled a 10 +1= 11 i think :/

    OOC: Yep, all good. Ok so given your size advantage this wasn't difficult at all. You passed!

    The gnome squeaks in terror and rushes to fulfill the order.

    'Um... uh... wait!!! Mr Hom I'm sorry ser! Yer friend here I gib him the fake potion, let me change it but please don't tell anyone!'

    He rummages under the counter and hands out two bottles filled with a viscous pink liquid.

    'One fer you too Ser Hom the Hangry! No charge...

    Errr... let's us just keep this between us though, yes?'


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    Guffy wrote: »
    he growls low enough for Nuklok to not hear "and put it on his tab".
    OOC: Perception check. :D
    Rolz a 10 total.

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    The gnome, still a fluster takes the page and rips it out of the book.

    'No tab, no tab. Let's forget this happened and keeps it between us, yes?'

    He looks terrified with Hom standing over him.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭ LadySkunk


    sKeith wrote: »
    Star observes Nyshamyla for signs of hostility as he helps himself to the food on the table, if no signs of hostility appear, Star will eat until full.

    Nyshmayla watches as Star approaches the table warily. He carefully picks a piece of bread watching her closely for any movement.

    When she chuckles and spreads her arms open in way of offering he doesn’t hold back as he takes the roast beef in both hands and begins ripping it apart chunk by chunk with his teeth. He devours the rest of the food on the table in much the same fashion.

    Star spots the ale and pours it into his mouth so fast it spills down his face and onto his armour. With a loud belch he wipes his mouth with his sleeve and sits back happily after his feast.

    Nyshmayla watches on impressed by what she has just witnessed thinking “I thought I was the savage around here, I like this one” with a small grin.

    She rises up and approaches Hemsworth, all business now with talk of nearby Orcs. “I’m ready to fight Sir, when do we begin? ”


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    LadySkunk wrote: »

    She rises up and approaches Hemsworth, all business now with talk of nearby Orcs. “I’m ready to fight Sir, when do we begin? ”

    Hemsworth turns and looks the barbarian up and down.

    'I thought you were too sloshed to fight? Or is that you just warming up.

    We are meeting at the smelter shortly to head out, I will be accompanying you all.

    I trust this is not a problem... from what I've seen so far there are a few.. how do I put this nicely... savages amongst the group.'

    He nods at Nyshamyla and approaches Star.

    'You, dwarf - my newest grunt. We meet at the smelter shortly to patrol the forest.'

    Hemsworth leaves the tavern himself to prepare.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    /Sits by the smelter and meditates.

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    OOC: Okay I'll let you all finish up what you're doing now, once you make it to the smelter off we go!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    Star gets up very belly cheerful and exits the tavern.

    Once outside he roars "What the heck is a smelter and where do I find it? Someone bring me my horse, on the double."

    He then hesitates at which direction to take and just does a lap of the tavern.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    sKeith wrote: »
    Star gets up very belly cheerful and exits the tavern.

    Once outside he roars "What the heck is a smelter and where do I find it? Someone bring me my horse, on the double."

    He then hesitates at which direction to take and just does a lap of the tavern.

    OOC: Smelter is just across the road from the tavern, sorry. described the main street here


  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭ Nebelwerfer


    Necro wrote: »
    Hemsworth turns and looks the barbarian up and down.

    'I thought you were too sloshed to fight? Or is that you just warming up.

    We are meeting at the smelter shortly to head out, I will be accompanying you all.

    I trust this is not a problem... from what I've seen so far there are a few.. how do I put this nicely... savages amongst the group.'

    He nods at Nyshamyla and approaches Star.

    'You, dwarf - my newest grunt. We meet at the smelter shortly to patrol the forest.'

    Hemsworth leaves the tavern himself to prepare.

    Calippo understands from overhearing the conversation that soon the activity in the tavern will end up dying down.

    Though she enjoyed the mischief which unfolded in front of her, she decides to take her leave and position herself near the smelter.

    As she approaches the door, she waves her hand (thaumaturgy) and slams open the door as she takes her leave.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    Necro wrote: »
    OOC: Smelter is just across the road from the tavern, sorry. described the main street here
    After completing the lap of the tavern, he notices that the smelters was right in front of him all along. He hops up on his horse and trots across the road to the smelters.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Shaadyx, quietly keeping to himself, shuffles to the smelter. Having meet his new colleagues, he seems less positive about the mission than had he been alone.

    Somehow he can't shake that niggle in the back of his mind that there's a setup of some description ahead of their party.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 Dublinandy2


    sorry bit too much atm

    Sibra ckutches his chest and dies of a heart attack after reading the mind of someone in the group.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭ Fourier


    Zahafdyke nods to Oltu a bit confused and heads off back to the tavern. As he steps into the tavern...
    sorry bit too much atm Sibra ckutches his chest and dies of a heart attack after reading the mind of someone in the group.

    He looks at the body. Before anybody in the tavern can say a thing Zahafdyke gasps.

    "This man was the victim of a foul magics..." he looks about "...for safety I shall inspect his items for traces of a curse"

    Zahafdyke loots Sibra's corpse.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Upon the corpse Zahafdyke finds:

    A longsword
    A diplomat’s pack
    A banjo
    Some leather armor
    And
    a dagger

    OOC: Sorry to see you go Dandy, maybe another time


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Shaadyx runs to the Bard's side. A tear in his eye (that nobody could see).

    'He played that contraption like an angel. This world was too ugly for a soul like his. Farewell my musical friend...'


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭ Guffy


    Hom eyes the vial suspiciously, but is anxious of the company waiting on him. He grabs the vial and mutters "I'll see you again Gnome", on his way out the door.

    He makes his way to the smelter munching on his rations and informs Nuklok of the Gnomes slight of hand with the supposed health potion and to be weary of it. He's a bit chirpier now as he's full.

    Ooc: auto pilot follow captain, if im not back in time to move off etc.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭ Fourier


    tusk wrote: »
    Shaadyx runs to the Bard's side. A tear in his eye (that nobody could see).

    'He played that contraption like an angel. This world was too ugly for a soul like his. Farewell my musical friend...'
    Zahafdyke looks up at Shaadyx.

    "Here something to remember him by"

    He hands him the banjo.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Fourier wrote: »
    Zahafdyke looks up at Shaadyx.

    "Here something to remember him by"

    He hands him the banjo.

    *tear

    OOC: *tear


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭ Banjo


    Diddle ding ding ding! :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭ Clarabel


    Necro wrote: »
    Upon the corpse Zahafdyke finds:

    A longsword
    A diplomat’s pack
    A banjo
    Some leather armor
    And
    a dagger

    OOC: Sorry to see you go Dandy, maybe another time

    Oltu picks up what remains, ready to deliver the news to the crew already at the smelter, maybe they'll find what he left useful.

    She looks over at the corpse really worried, what have I gotten myself into. I thought I'd be able to save everyone with my magic. I'll just have to fake it til I make it more.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    /Eyes closed, listening to the footsteps approaching and trying to figure out which troop member it is.
    ...
    and getting them mostly wrong.

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭ Nebelwerfer


    OldGoat wrote: »
    /Eyes closed, listening to the footsteps approaching and trying to figure out which troop member it is.
    ...
    and getting them mostly wrong.

    Calippo approaches the (seemingly) meditating elf near the smelter.

    As she approaches, she ensures her footsteps get louder, to prevent the elf from being caught off-guard and jumping her.

    She did notice the Elf's temper earlier, when confronted with the banjo and the half-ling. She is not taking any chances.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    Nul smiles at the warlocks approach.
    "I hope you can move a bit more quietly when we are on patrol.
    :)
    I wish we were in the woods already. This town is oppressive and making me grumpy. .
    What about you Calippo, do you have a preference for the town life or open countyside?"

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭ Nebelwerfer


    "I prefer the open road, rather than the busy crowds".

    She moves back her hood, to further reveal her appearance.

    vdCUXLW.png

    "The way I look... most crowds prefer me on the open roads as well... I tend to get greeted with pitchforks and torches"

    She shrugs and moves her hood back on.

    "Common folk will stay common..." She sighs.

    "What about you, any thoughts about this town or the murmurs on the upcoming venture?"


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭ OldGoat


    "I prefer the open road, rather than the busy crowds".

    She moves back her hood, to further reveal her appearance.

    vdCUXLW.png

    "The way I look... most crowds prefer me on the open roads as well... I tend to get greeted with pitchforks and torches"

    She shrugs and moves her hood back on.

    "Common folk will stay common..." She sighs.

    "What about you, any thoughts about this town or the murmurs on the upcoming venture?"
    "I like the horns. They give you a regal appearance, like a crown.

    I dislike towns and when this term of service is up I shall return to the wild woods. Ironically enough I will be out there, hunting goblins and their ilk and protecting the townsfolk. I'm just better alone and left to my own devices. The convoluted rules of these captains and generals and Lords make no sense to me, I'm happier away from them."

    I'm older than Minecraft goats.



  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭ Fourier


    Zahafdyke eventually finds his way to the smelter where Nul and Calippo are talking. He doesn't interrupt but simply stands nearby listening, interested to hear the opinions of these unusual strangers.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭ Nebelwerfer


    OldGoat wrote: »
    "I like the horns. They give you a regal appearance, like a crown.

    I dislike towns and when this term of service is up I shall return to the wild woods. Ironically enough I will be out there, hunting goblins and their ilk and protecting the townsfolk. I'm just better alone and left to my own devices. The convoluted rules of these captains and generals and Lords make no sense to me, I'm happier away from them."


    "Regal?! Well that is a first time hearing that..." Calippo says shocked at the notion.

    "I am not sure the reigning royalties would agree with the assessment, but I thank you kindly anyway." she continues.

    If Calippo had blushed at the notion, one would probably not have noticed due to her complexion and color of her skin.

    "The service..." she pauses. "As long as it puts coins in the purse...". She says as she smiles at Nok.

    Calippo notices another has joined the party and steps slightly to the side, making space for the onlooker to join in.

    "Please join us, while we wait for the rest to drag themselves over to the smelter...". She waves an opening at the wizard.


Advertisement