Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I wonder is there much crime happening now during the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wonder is there much crime happening now during the pandemic?

Be more people at home so less opportunity maybe

Reggie. wrote: »
    Be more people at home so less opportunity maybe

It might be the cause of more crime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Heard on radio,domestic voilence calls to Gardai up 10% since March 14th

The Rabbi wrote: »

That is a possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

also over 200 prisoners released, probably is a connection there

What about fencing stuff? Barbed wire etc

Met a lad who works in local farm store this morning. He said to ring in what we want and they will load the goods into your vehicle

Met a lad who works in local farm store this morning. He said to ring in what we want and they will load the goods into your vehicle

Oh that's heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Supposed to be a similar situation out here whenever the All Blacks dont perform on tbe field.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

ganmo wrote: »

Oh I seen that on Twitter, he decided to go camping. A professor at a University no less :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

wrangler wrote: »
    also over 200 prisoners released, probably is a connection there

More likely the scrotes that cant go to the pub every day are causing the domestic violence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Oh I seen that on Twitter, he decided to go camping. A professor at a University no less :pac:

Last weekend Snowdonia and lake district had largest crowds for a few decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Myself and the two lads went fencing yesterday, I've sheepwire needing putting up with a while now. We set out and drove 65 stakes and have a single row of electric fence ready to put up. The second lad was keen to stay going but I said we'd stop and go milking.

Anyway, he fell asleep at 9 last night on the couch, made it to bed at some stage, got up at 11, ate dinner at 2 and fell asleep in his bed straight after:D

Now all I need are a few rolls of sheep wire and he won't wake till Christmas:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Have been waiting on a Jan calver to come a bulling.
    Showing some sign this evening, but put a white discharge
    Does she need cleaning out? Or serve away when she shows standing heat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

A friend sent me a snapchat earlier of today's problems, it's safe to say he hadn't a relaxing Sunday. He has a few springer spaniel's and one of them seemingly attacked a stray cat this morning. Said cat took refuge in the engine compartment of the wife's car and the dog proceed to chew up the front passenger wing of the car in an attempt to get at the cat within.

The wing is all tooth and claw marks while the plastic fender is chewed to bits. To make a bad situation worse the cornered cat chewed through most of the wires under the bonnet during his imprisonment. I told him at least there's no place to go at the minute and it could have happened at a worse time but I don't think he got any great solace from that. Some day's just can't end quick enough in my experience.

A friend sent me a snapchat earlier of today's problems, it's safe to say he hadn't a relaxing Sunday. He has a few springer spaniel's and one of them seemingly attacked a stray cat this morning. Said cat took refuge in the engine compartment of the wife's car and the dog proceed to chew up the front passenger wing of the car in an attempt to get at the cat within.

The wing is all tooth and claw marks while the plastic fender is chewed to bits. To make a bad situation worse the cornered cat chewed through most of the wires under the bonnet during his imprisonment. I told him at least there's no place to go at the minute and it could have happened at a worse time but I don't think he got any great solace from that. Some day's just can't end quick enough in my experience.

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That's cat! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Esel wrote: »
    That's cat! :)

That's even worse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

For those on lockdown here's an interesting trucking video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxPOJ6Juao

Skip to 8:45 for the money shot.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    For those on lockdown here's an interesting trucking video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxPOJ6Juao

Skip to 8:45 for the money shot.

Fair reversing

Has anyone ever locked their tv remote?
    Saw freeze come up on the screen & now can’t get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Has anyone ever locked their tv remote?
    Saw freeze come up on the screen & now can’t get it to work

Take out the batteries and press every button one at a time for three seconds it worked for me during the week when one of the kids stood on it.
    Got the fix from u tube

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

_Brian wrote: »
    Saw first bumblebee of the year yesterday. When you haven’t seen one in a few months it looked just enormous and it was still quite sluggish.

Only the big assed queens make it through the winter;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0329/1127178-drowning-ballina-mayo/

There are no words to describe the absolute horror of this ☹️

_Brian wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0329/1127178-drowning-ballina-mayo/

There are no words to describe the absolute horror of this ☹️

Wish I didnt read that

I says wrote: »
    Take out the batteries and press every button one at a time for three seconds it worked for me during the week when one of the kids stood on it.
    Got the fix from u tube
    Thanks tried it a few times even changing the battery
    Then just came back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

It's dark.

Jaysus you were up early for a Sunday morning with clocks sprung forward and nowhere to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

That must have been one of the most painless time changes ever, maybe not for farmers but most other people had nowhere to go to. Wonder how many didn't even realise it happened and will be late tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

That must have been one of the most painless time changes ever, maybe not for farmers but most other people had nowhere to go to. Wonder how many didn't even realise it happened and will be late tomorrow.

Well, with so fewer going to work at the moment it will be less late than ever before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement