Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s actually a very common fault on the i3 Rex models too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Goose81

It's hard for me to test the below as the range keeps fluctuating so much and this is the first winter with the car.

Does anyone know, if you pre heat the car from the app does it use your battery or does it use the mains electricity to heat the car if it's plugged in?

And if so if you have the car set to only charge in a time slot (mine is overnight only) will it still use the mains electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Hi all. Did anyone on here get the free lifetime remote services subscription?

I tried but it seems to be UK owners only but i did hear of Irish owners getting it.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bmw-connected-drive-remote-services-lifetime-subscription-usually-ps79-per-year-4229687

Post edited by buzzerxx on

That post says it’s for all 2013-2014 cars. As it’s a 530e thread, I’m assuming your car car is minimum 2017, therefore outside the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

It says cars FROM 2013-2014. Any how i got it free through the BMW app. I think my problem was my 530e is a UK import, i put a random UK address into the app and now I have it. 😀

• Advertisement

My 530e is uk too but I have these features already. 2017 car. I assumed they were standard for the app as my i3 had the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭eggerb

It’ll use the mains for the pre-heating (definitely if you have the 10amp set). You get in and the car is warm and battery at 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Looking to potentially upgrade my 2014 520d to a 520e. Any tips on what to look out for when viewing a 2nd hand one of these. It will be my first phev.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Make sure to go for one with a 192 reg or later to ensure you are getting the larger battery.

There are a few 192's with the smaller battery which can be easily spotted from photos by the different drivers binnacle or the presence of the "edrive" badge on the rear pillar.

The older smaller battery model looks like this

The larger battery model binnacle looks like this

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Ok i see. I was hoping to buy a 2018. Is the bigger battery worth the extra 5-7k or so?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It definitely makes a difference to the range you can get from a single charge , you will average ~30kms from the larger battery and closer to 20 from the smaller one.

Whether the savings from that cover the cost of the car over the time you plan to keep it is another thing.

If for example that extra range allowed you to make the daily commute on Electric only , then the savings might add up.

Other than the battery and some small cosmetic changes I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between a 2018 and a 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Be very careful with the pedigree when buying one of these. A lot of them for sale are ex-UK cars, a handful will inevitably be clocked, crashed etc. An ex-company car might be worth seeking out. Less likely to have been plugged in all the time if the driver has a fuel card available for free petrol. Main dealer service history also handy to have if you’re trying get a warranty claim or a goodwill contribution out of BMW Ireland.

There’s a couple of things that go on these.

KLE Unit. About €2k to fix.

Aux Heater. About €1900 to fix.

Vanos Actuators/valves. About €1k to €1500 if both go.

O2 Sensors. About €500ish.

I know of one 530e, full complete bmw service history and all of the above went out of warranty with less than 90k km on the clock. BMW offered nothing despite constant emails and calls complaining and listing out the list of other BMW’s the owner had in their family ownership.

Most, if not all of the above can be done by a good independent. The KLE needs coding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

I believe the bigger battery is on the LCI models which you can find the comparison here:

It also had the iDrive 7 compared to the 6 on the pre-LCI. That has android auto after a software update whereas the 6 only has Apple carplay. According to wiki the LCI is 292 hp compared to 248 hp on the pre-LCI. I guess this is from the bigger battery as the engines are the same.

Saying all that I went for the 2018 as I got a good price on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

Can anyone let me know what prices people have paid recently on 530e's? When I put it into the VRT calculator it's fixed at 9% which is more than 50g/km but all 530e's should be less than 50 from what I can tell. 

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There are bigger battery and new dash versions of the pre lci from 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,325 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Don't select 530E on the drop down menu.

Select 530 then go for hybrid and it will list 7 or 8 versions of the 530e.

It comes out with a 7 percent vrt.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Steviemak7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Might be of interest to some.

BMW ConnectedDrive Week.

New features await. Up to 20% off your ConnectedDrive Upgrade.

BMW ConnectedDrive Week from 22.11.2023 - 28.11.2023.

The 'free' Remote Services package mentioned earlier on this thread seems to be there too.

The Remote Package lets you control and monitor your BMW remotely.

I have this for life on my 2017 30e.

Can open, close etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Bought a low milage ~40k km 171 530e, fairly high spec I think as it's been brought in from Japan.

Comfort And Interior Equipment

S416 Roller Sun Visor, Rear Lateral, S423 Floor Mats Velours, S459 Seat Adjustment, Electric, With Memory, S465 Through-Loading System, S488 Lumbar Support, Driver And Passenger, S4AW Instrument Panel Sensatec, S4HA Seat Heating, Front And Rear, S4LQ Poplar Grain Grey Acc.Pearl Lust.Chrome, S4NE Blow-By Heater, S4T8 Outside Mirror With Auto Dip, S4U9 Acoustic Pedestrian Protection, S4UR Ambient Interior Light

Multimedia

S601 TV Function, S609 Navigation System Professional, S610 Head-Up Display, S650 CD Drive, S676 HiFi Speaker System, S6AC Intelligent Emergency Call, S6AE Teleservices, S6AK Connected Drive Services, S6AN Concierge Services, S6NS Comfort Telephony W/ Enhanced Smartphone, S6U8 BMW Gesture Control, S6WB Multifunctional Instrument Display, S7S2 Luxury Line

Driver Assistance And Lightning

S534 Automatic Air Conditioning, S548 Kilometre Speedo, S552 Adaptive LED Headlight, S5A1 LED Fog Lights, S5AC High-Beam Assistant, S5AL Active Protection, S5AT Driving Assistant Plus, S5DN Parking Assistance System Plus

Wheels And Drive

S205 Automatic Transmission, S212 Equipment, Brake Syst. Country-Specific, S230 Extra Package, EU-Speciifc, S255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel, S258 Tyres With Runflat Properties, S28V BMW LA Wheel W-Spoke 632

Environment And Safety

S302 Alarm System, S316 Automatic Trunk Lid Mechanism, S322 Comfort Access, S323 Soft-Close-Automatic Doors, S346 Chrome Line Exterieur, S807 National Version Japan, S845 Acoustic Fasten Seat Belt Reminder, S852 Language Version Japanese, S876 Radio Frequency 315 MHz, S8BK Charging Socket Export, S8KL Oil Service Interval 15,000 Km/12 Months, S8S3 Automatic Locking During Starting, S8SX Providersteuerung Telematik, S8TD Decoding Speed Limit Info

A few questions for those of you who have one,

BTW it's a type 1 port on the car, I've already found a type 2 from a breakers so I'll be switching the port/internal cable over myself at some stage though I have a T2->T1 convertor for my zappi at home.

Re the idrive software, what's the newest s/w that anyone has on their pre battery upgrade model? Can it be updated at home or did everyone go to a dealer?

Second one, I've not downloaded the app or set up a login yet as i'm afraid it may remove some functions the car has. Is this the way BMWs do it (our MB EQC400 removed a load of things like android auto/carplay as soon as we made a login and switched user to us)?

Lastly are there any additions to the car anyone would recommend, internal/external, software additions, etc.?

Thanks

EDIT: Actually I just checked on the BMW website and it says my software is fully up to date.

Your vehicle is up to date.

BMW 530E IPE, 2017, WBA***

Congratulations, the software of your BMW is up to date. There are no actions necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Hi my remote services have stopped working the last couple of days/weeks!

Typical as the cold weather just starts so I can no longer pre heat the car in the mornings. BMW 530e 2018 uk import was working fine since I bought it two years ago.

anyone else having problems this week?

please see error below.

I have reset the Idrive system 3 times as suggested online but nothing I do has resolved the problem.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭joe1303l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I had similar issues and had to change the Teleservices 8 volt battery up under the headliner. Apparently they dont like the cold and have a limited recharge cycle.

90 euro from BMW.... No issues since changing it though. I was also getting emergency phone system not available notifications in the car on the dash btw (couldnt get rid of it). Not sure if you are seeing similar?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I got the 191 model with the smaller battery. It's my first ever hybrid so didn't know what was what really.

It's a beautiful car, most comfortable and quiet cabin I've ever driven in but the battery is just meh... barely 20km range now in winter and the restricted boot space is annoying.

Probably just go diesel next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Goose81

What mileage is on it? My 2018 with 40k km on it gets 36km range in summer and since it's gotten cold I'm getting 32km. This is suburban driving no M50 etc

My 2017 will show max 42 in summer but never gets it. 30ish max. 20km in winter.

But I knew this when buying so no surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

65km.

When I fully charge in winter it will say 26-28 but 2 mins down the road it's dropped 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I find in comfort mode the battery handles all the stop start and the petrol the crusiing speeds, tops up the mpg a good bit on average. For school run or spins to the supermarket its all battery.

Advertisement