Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

jay0109 wrote: »
    I'm getting this a lot too. And dropping the network connection.
    Never happened last year

Is that with a now tv stick ?

I get that all the time but doesn’t happen with laptop or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Yeah, with the stick. Worked perfect last season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Same as yourself, very poor quality stream during matches, or dropping out entirely. I have Virgin media broadband as well. Tried setting up a guest network for now tv as suggested elsewhere, but no improvement.

do you have 2.5ghz wifi and 5ghz as separate networks. You need to split them out to get the best speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Has anyone tried the mobile monthly pass for 7 euro per month. I know its only limited to watching on mobiles and it is limited to 5 channels but that includes Sky Sports Premier league so doesn't seem like the worst option

Yep works perfectly, got it for the gaa and stuck with it. Doesn't include all the channels as you've said (doesn't include main event or golf channels). Grand for the Premier League though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

franglan wrote: »
    Yep works perfectly, got it for the gaa and stuck with it. Doesn't include all the channels as you've said (doesn't include main event or golf channels). Grand for the Premier League though.

Great cheers I reckon I'll give it a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

franglan wrote: »

Yep, got it too and find it good. You get used to the small screen too. The delay can be an issue, as it's sometimes close to a minute or more, but once your not getting goal alerts from twitter, etc it'll be fine. It's good value too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

6 month Sky Sports + Sports Extra pass on Pigsback now for €180...down from €438 apparently.
    https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/435251?utm_medium=product&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=20200117

jay0109 wrote: »
    6 month Sky Sports + Sports Extra pass on Pigsback now for €180...down from €438 apparently.
    https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/435251?utm_medium=product&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=20200117

Cheers. Down to €173 when I clicked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Meh. 30 a month Feb to July.

Bit no footie for half of may, June and july. Closer to 55 per month to me on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

They charge 39 a month for sports + 34 p/m for sports extra, so still a decent deal for both at 30 p/m. Worth noting that Spanish football is gone off Premier Sports now, which makes the Sports Extra package less attractive for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

I think the deal is good, especially if you can split the cost with someone (2 devices at any time). Would be useful to highlight the deal in a new thread/update title of this thread? It is essentially a different offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Does the devices have to be on the same network or can I get one of the lads to go halfs on this offer

naughto wrote: »
    Does the devices have to be on the same network or can I get one of the lads to go halfs on this offer

they don't have to be anywhere near each other. just share the NowTV log in and connect anywhere in ireland on whatever network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The premier League is done and dusted that's why they're discounting it, a non event unless you're a fan of the red Scouse, then it's a 3 month victory parade. Some of the ****e they've served up as super Sunday of late has been unwatchable also rans.

if you go incognito and sign up - you'll get 10% discount to your email address. Takes it down to €161.99.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The premier League is done and dusted that's why they're discounting it, a non event unless you're a fan of the red Scouse, then it's a 3 month victory parade. Some of the ****e they've served up as super Sunday of late has been unwatchable also rans.

The offer is for ALL Sky Sports channels, BT Sports and Premier Sports. They show more than just Premier League.

Fair if you don't appreciated the bargain but there is no need for such negative comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They run these offers all the time. I bought two months of this for €60 off them before Christmas, it runs out at the start of February. I can't see the same offer on their site currently but last time they were doing offers like this on pigsback the same offer appeared on the now TV site shortly afterwards.

It's a good deal for €30 a month, and I'd keep sky sports year round, but have no use for sports extra once the football season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

donnyvegas wrote: »
    The offer is for ALL Sky Sports channels, BT Sports and Premier Sports. They show more than just Premier League.

Fair if you don't appreciated the bargain but there is no need for such negative comments.

Went for it .I'm a football and f1 fan and my old man is a big rugby fan so this deal is good value imo.

Only snag is, think I have to wait for the sports extra 2 month for 1 deal to expire at end of jan before I can activate it as says you can't have an active pass when starting. Could prob set up another now TV account I guess tho..

strawdog wrote: »
    Went for it .I'm a football and f1 fan and my old man is a big rugby fan so this deal is good value imo.

Only snag is, think I have to wait for the sports extra 2 month for 1 deal to expire at end of jan before I can activate it as says you can't have an active pass when starting. Could prob set up another now TV account I guess tho..

Good man. I hope you got the 10% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

30 quid a month is essentially about fair for that package on your TV. But Now TV has its downsides that make this not really a bargain!!

• Advertisement

I was having a nightmare with the now tv stick previously but they’ve released an Apple TV app now so all good.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I was having a nightmare with the now tv stick previously but they’ve released an Apple TV app now so all good.

you can also just chromecast it from their app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

donnyvegas wrote: »
    you can also just chromecast it from their app.

There is also a now tv app for most smart TVs and that works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

IrishHomer wrote: »
    There is also a now tv app for most smart TVs and that works very well

Often delayed by up to a minute but probably works best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

gypsy79 wrote: »

All streaming is delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

IrishHomer wrote: »
    All streaming is delayed

Yup. Welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

if you have a pass already for sport, will this extend it, or can it only be used when they have expired ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I was listening to Liverpool v Utd yesterday on Newstalk as I arrived at my in-laws. Van Dyke scored just before I got out of the car. I stopped to hear the confirmation that it was allowed by VAR, and then got out and went inside. They were watching the match on Sky Sports virgin media and it the goal hadn't even been scored there.

Always assumed it was just NowTV with such a delay.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    if you have a pass already for sport, will this extend it, or can it only be used when they have expired ?

It can only be used when expired but you have until early March to redeem it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

A2LUE42 wrote: »

If you are in your final month, you can extend

Advertisement