Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

donnyvegas wrote: »
    No issues here. You know you can also cast it using Chromecast? Might work better.

The issue, I suggest, is likely your internet speed.

Definitely not speed. I’m on cable with virgin media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

I had an issue with my stick Sat eve for the City game. I switched on/off the stick but no joy. Restarted the wifi router and that solved it

jay0109 wrote: »
    I had an issue with my stick Sat eve for the City game. I switched on/off the stick but no joy. Restarted the wifi router and that solved it

Restarted router and quality is now good thanks.

In general I find the stick very flakey. Regularly disconnects or becomes unresponsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Been watching the game and seems decent enough, but tried the movies earlier there and it was very poor even when sports was good, was getting totally low stream rate compared to what i was getting on sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The chromecast is quite handy from the viewpoint that you can switch to something else (another hdmi source) and then switch back and the match is still streaming.

If you try to do it with the lg app it exits and you have to go back in again.

• Advertisement

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Restarted router and quality is now good thanks.

In general I find the stick very flakey. Regularly disconnects or becomes unresponsive.
    I rarely have a problem with the stick. it's normally bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Definitely not speed. I’m on cable with virgin media.

Same as yourself, very poor quality stream during matches, or dropping out entirely. I have Virgin media broadband as well. Tried setting up a guest network for now tv as suggested elsewhere, but no improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

We have pretty poor internet (3 mobile dongle) so it's pretty hit and miss with everything along with the fact we're in a bad area for reception. Tonight was the worst for sure but it was definitely our internet. The Spurs - Villa game on the first Saturday was solid, the City - Spurs game this Saturday was a little poor towards the end of the game and the second half of the Chelsea - Leicester game was very solid all things considered. I do really wish we had a better internet option but honestly NowTV has been pretty good compared to almost everything else I've used regarding streams. I am considering getting the stick though as I figure it'd be less of a drag on our internet compared to being on the PS4 app with the other thing that would use it up on the PS4 but I'm not quite sure now from reading opinions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyway to get this now lads? Sold out with pigsback.

franglan wrote: »
    Anyway to get this now lads? Sold out with pigsback.

You can still get 3 months for €58 on the nowtv website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

On Virgin and have no quality issues on my now tv box or with the now tv app on my phone or laptop. I'm using my own router for wifi and not the cheapo one Virgin give out though.

On Virgin and have no quality issues on my now tv box or with the now tv app on my phone or laptop. I'm using my own router for wifi and not the cheapo one Virgin give out though.

I'm wondering is it worth upgrading to the Nowtv box, presumably has a higher spec than the Nowtv stick

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Used this for NFL all last winter without a single issue, but the stream was garbage for the United match last night. Using virgin cable. Wonder if the issue was the number of people watching the game via NOW TV? Could it really be a broadband issue for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Used this for NFL all last winter without a single issue, but the stream was garbage for the United match last night. Using virgin cable. Wonder if the issue was the number of people watching the game via NOW TV? Could it really be a broadband issue for everyone?

Virgin BB as well.

Been using now TV for five years (using UK before Irish launch).

Never an issue with live sports streams.

Just making sure people know it isn't HD? It's not SD either.

noodler wrote: »
    Virgin BB as well.

Been using now TV for five years (using UK before Irish launch).

Never an issue with live sports streams.

Just making sure people know it isn't HD? It's not SD either.

Yeah I was using it before it launched in Ireland and used to use the Now tv app on Apple TV which was always solid but it's very mixed on the Now tv stick for me.

I know it's not Full HD and when it started working well in the second half last night it would be hard to tell it from HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I'm wondering is it worth upgrading to the Nowtv box, presumably has a higher spec than the Nowtv stick

I've the box from 2015, I'd say the stick is a higher spec as it's a good bit newer. The box doesn't have voice search either. Good thing about the box is that it has an ethernet connection so you don't have to rely on WiFi. I use wi-fi majority of the time when I'm on the road staying in hotels/Airbnb, but use wired at home.

England ireland match absolute garbage resolution again. Restarting router to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Get onto them and complain (as I have done), something needs to be done about it... was never an issue in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Mine is perfect on chromecast.

Restarting the router seemed to have helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Restarting the router seemed to have helped.

Still lost when I did that.

Still lost when I did that.

Yes might have been less embarrassing in low resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

First time using the Nowtv stick today for the Arsenal Liverpool game. Only have Three mobile internet, but was very happy with the quality (unlike Arsenal).

Have a free months sports pass that came with the stick (Tesco €29.99), anyone know if I buy the 3 months upfront pack, will it stack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

First time using the Nowtv stick today for the Arsenal Liverpool game. Only have Three mobile internet, but was very happy with the quality (unlike Arsenal).

Have a free months sports pass that came with the stick (Tesco €29.99), anyone know if I buy the 3 months upfront pack, will it stack ?

No, this deal wont stack, but your 1 month pass will nearly be up by the time the offer expires. I wonder could you ask them cancel your current pass on September 11th? Then purchase the 3 month deal on the 12th?

T&Cs: 18+ ROI only. 50% offer: Available to new customers or customers without an active Sky Sports Pass only. Up front payment of €58 required for 3 months access to Sky Sports. After 3 month period, Pass will auto-renew to €39 per month unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Offer expires 12th September 23:59.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

There is a pretty big delay on this vs direct from sky sports

About 15 seconds on the goal there (vs livescore). 5 seconds is normal

Phone buzzed and I knew the 33rd county were about to score!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

This is only really worth the discounted price at this stage. Wouldn't fancy paying 40 quid a month for too long. Picturing is blurring regularly enough now, at key moments sometimes. Was pretty smooth and stable last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I agree, not worth full whack.

I see they are saying they will have the sky sports extra package soon so might be worth holding out to see what they offer with that.

This is only really worth the discounted price at this stage. Wouldn't fancy paying 40 quid a month for too long. Picturing is blurring regularly enough now, at key moments sometimes. Was pretty smooth and stable last year.

I'm getting this a lot too. And dropping the network connection.
    Never happened last year

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

jay0109 wrote: »
    I'm getting this a lot too. And dropping the network connection.
    Never happened last year

I use a wired connection to my TV and have zero issues.

Ye might try that if possible, never have problems on my phone either tho tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Has anyone tried the mobile monthly pass for 7 euro per month. I know its only limited to watching on mobiles and it is limited to 5 channels but that includes Sky Sports Premier league so doesn't seem like the worst option

Advertisement